“Friendly Staff , Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Easton

Holiday Inn Express Easton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Easton
New hampshire
“Friendly Staff , Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

The front desk staff was very friendly. My room was clean.
TV’s in the rooms need to be updated.
Indoor pool area was nice. Lots of places to sit. Room was very sunny, clean, and
no overwhelming smell of chlorine. The pool water was very cold. The Jacuzzi was a little small.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lovetotravelandread

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lewes, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I've stayed at several HI Express hotels, and this was comparable to the others. I especially appreciate the sheet wrapped blankets on the beds at this chain. Room was clean. Bathroom is a bit more cramped than other hotels. Didn't use the pool but it looked clean and reasonably sized, with a jacuzzi. Breakfast was just average, but the staff did keep things well stocked and clean at the breakfast bar. There are several diners and fast food on the same highway for other options. It is a very short drive to in-town Easton, which is charming and has other restaurant options. If you need internet ask for access code when you check-in to save you a phone call - wish they would just tell you. I thought the price a bit high for this area in the off-season.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank surfermom
Midwest, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed here during a few days of vacation I tacked on to the end of a business trip, and I'm glad I chose this hotel.
I should mention in all my reviews that I worked at a large hotel several years ago, so I'd like to think I'm both pickier and more understanding than the average reviewer. (It sounds like an oxymoron... but it's really not.)
This hotel was great in every way. For its class and price, it was great value for the money. The rooms were very clean, superficially and a bit deeper down. Drainage was good. The beds were wonderfully comfortable. Everything was in proper working order, which is almost unusual anymore. The pool was just perfect! Great water temperature, and every surface area was sparklingly clean.
But really, the staff are the standout here. Each front desk person I encountered was very helpful with any questions I had, and their manner was genuine. I just read the other review about how great the staff were during Hurricane Irene, and I have to say it doesn't surprise me. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevator shaft, no matter what hotel it is.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank toolittleltravel
Berlin, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Stayed here during the time of Hurricane Irene charging up the east coast. About midnight, we received a call from management asking where we parked. As it turned out, the hotel's parking lot was flooding and all cars needed to be moved. They told up to park across the highway, four lane route 50. The manager would meet us there and bring up back to the hotel. The next morning, when checking out, they reversed the process and transferred both us and all our luggage across the street to get our cars. The management and staff went out of their way to insure both our safety and satisfaction which also included late check out. If this gesture indicated how this hotel is run on a daily basis, I will gladly return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
davidjoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Easton, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
Dear Mr. McClearshum,
Thank you so much for your response. Anytime a business has to deal with a natural disaster, it's anyone's guess how the day goes. I'm thankful that we had such a great group of guests in that weekend. Everyone stayed calm, and it just made our jobs that much easier. I have read your review to my staff because they deserve to know how impressed our guests were of them, and in times of uncertainty, great customer service goes along way. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Easton!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Set on a fast road outside Easton the saving grace of this hotel is not its location, but it appears well run and clean, even if the room didn't smell as good as it might.
But it was quite a large room, with one King Sized bed and an armchair and footrest which served as a makeshift bed for our 4 year old. The staff brought extra sheets to make it. The decor was good, the bathroom clean and modern.
There is a good sized pool, which is essentially indoors, covered as it is by a perspex roof. I guess that makes it available all year round, but makes me think of verrucae and the water was strangely green/opaque. I didn't bathe, though my son did.
The staff were friendly and the establishment is well cared for. Breakfast was the usual buffet fare on paper and plastic plates, but well done.
It wasn't cheap. I booked a Saturday night stay, just 3 days in advance, and paid $179 with taxes. My brother had the Double (two double beds) room next door and paid the same. Hardly well priced for rural Maryland, but they did deliver a good quality room for the money, to be sure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My visit took place over a holiday weekend; the hotel required a two-night stay in order to book the dates I required. In addition, the first night's stay was charged before I arrivedThe property's location (off themain throughfare to Eastern Shore destinations) makes it an attractive choice. The hotel's insect probl. em does not. When I reported to front desk staff that I had found stink bugs flying in my room and a silverfish crawling (a type of insect) and someone's hair other than minde in the bed I was told that the room would be exterminated and cleaned. When I asked for another room instead the request was reluctantly granted.

On my next visit to Easton I will stay at another property that is cleaner.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank ladyt
davidjoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Easton, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thank you for yor comments. Guest Service is our number one goal at Holiday Inn Express, Easton. It is apparent that we fell short of this goal during your last stay. There is certainly no excuse for our inability to properly clean your room, and for the hair on your bed, i do apologize. While it is rare that we have insect issues,with our hotel being backed by woods and water, we do occasionally experience insects that make their way into the hotel. Again, I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay, and I hope that you will give our hotel another chance to demonstrate our true level of hospitality.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

The hotel staff is what made our stay wonderful! Staying at a Holiday Inn Express is not the luxury of the Omni. However, I will stay in this hotel again due to the staff and how clean the rooms were. Our girls loved swimming in the pool and the breakfast was fine. The breakfast had pancakes, muffins, biscuits, cereal, yogurt, fruit (apples and bananas) and of course coffee! Again, this hotel is a holiday inn express with lots of hospitality due to the staff!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
0.5 km away
14.1 km away
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
#1 of 4 in St. Michaels

Been to Holiday Inn Express Easton? Share your experiences!