“Nice Overnight Stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here one night. I found the king room to be quite roomy. The rooms had coffee pot, mini fridge, and microwave. It's a somewhat new place so things are very clean and look good. The staff was friendly. I could hear noise from the water upstairs and from the hallway (doors shutting and folks talking). It wasn't bad but I don't think the hotel was all that busy. On a busy night I'm not sure how noisy things might get. The breakfast was typical for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Great room, Great staff (Front Desk Personal alwas spoke when you went by it, Great Breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice in the last week, on our way to and from Myrtle Beach. We have stayed in a number of Comfort Suites and I would have to say that this is the best one we have stayed in. The hotel lobby, the breakfast area and the guest rooms are all immaculate. The rooms are comfortable and the bed was excellent. Just as important was the professional and friendly desk staff. We wanted to go out to dinner and the desk staff was so helpful and answered all of our questions about the surrounding area. We will definately stay in this hotel the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jean-RWeymouth
Reviewed 10 April 2012

New hotel just off I-95 in Maryland. We stopped over for a night as we were traveling to New York. The hotel was attractive and the room was clean and well appointed (flat screen TV, microwave and fridge). We were traveling with our toddler and infant and there was plenty of room in the sitting area of the room for a twin Aerobed and travel Pack N' Play. The king bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well appointed and clean. The indoor pool was nice and the free breakfast included a good selection of food that was above average. Front desk attendants were courteous and helpful. The Comfort Suites brand has stepped it up a notch in terms of their new properties, I would highly recommend this hotel in terms of its location, cleanliness, free breakfast and value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DCAttys
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Good vlalue and just what we were looking while traveling on I95. Very easy on/off interstate. Trip advisor reviews on the money. Very clean and service oriented staff. Continental breakfast includes the basics.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Driving from Georgia north to New England, Elkton, MD is a perfect location after my 1st day outside the Washington, D.C. bottleneck. I always use Trip Advisor for most current contributor experiences and fair price (for me less than $100) which led me here this year and last.The hotel is fairly new with spacious "suite" rooms that have all the comforts of the more expensive chains. My only small glitch was the new electronic key didn't work BUT the smiling front desk lady (Sandra) was quick to reconfigure and personally accompanied me back to the floor with an alternate room key if the 2nd didn't work so I wouldn't have to return to the first floor. Perfect customer service that will keep me coming back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jon P
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed here overnight to get an early jump on moving my daughter out of the University of Delaware (she is graduating so we had to pack everything). I arrived at 1pm with check-in listed at 3pm and was able to get my room early. :-) Very nice check-in process. Room was quite large and nicely decorated. Window was on the small side and with dark colors in the room, it was not super bright (it was dreary weather too). I was on front side of the hotel and did hear the road noises some but not enough to be bothersome (perhaps ask for the back side). Hotel is maybe a mile to 95 to be convenient and only a couple of miles from UD. Very affordable for what you get! There is a 7-11 (with gas station) with a short walk next door to the hotel.

Nice, comfortable chair/desk area where I could finish up writing my Christmas cards with the tv nearby. Nice size sofa. King size bed was quite high so keep that in mind; very comfortable bed with lots of pillows! Disappointed there was no fan or heat switch in the bathroom. Fridge was humming often enough and that was a bit bothersome to me. Small microwave available. Turned on the heat to take the chill out of the room when I came in from the rain and it never seemed to get a much warmer; fortunately heat was not especially needed throughout my visit.

Did not use the indoor pool. Breakfast area quite spacious. Had the usual cold cereals, apple/orange juice, coffee, bagels/pastries. mini yogurts, grits, waffle machine, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs and sausages (quite good sausages!). Had to look around for the trash bin to clear my table. Had a Wall Street Journal paper at my door the next morning. Check out receipt was in the door in the morning. Didn't notice a public restroom on the first floor; signs on front door indicate no public restrooms.....odd I thought.

All in all, would definitely stay here again. If you are a UD parent (or potential UD parent checking the university out) looking for a convenient place to stay, this is it!! Would be a great place for graduation guests to stay, too, as it is only a couple of minutes drive to the UD campus. Don't let the 'Maryland' part make you think it's far from campus. With that in mind, too, if you are coming north on 95 to go to UD, get off at Exit 109, Elkton, MD, to go to either this hotel or the UD campus and it will save you the DE toll on 95!! :-)

Room Tip: Recommend asking for the back side of the hotel if you don't like hearing any road noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
1.8 km away
Comfort Inn and Suites
#4 of 24 in Newark
3.9 km away
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area? Share your experiences!