All reviews bedroom suite front desk light sleeper freeway side fold out couch coffee table your luggage breakfast buffet is home away from home make your own waffles labor day extended stay pool and hot tub comfortable stay great place to stay wonderful hotel fitness center
Reviewed August 30, 2018

Never saw anything like this before. The breakfast room was about half full and when I went to get a second cup of coffee both urns were empty. I walked over to the front desk where the desk clerk was in conversation with the kitchen person. I said the coffee was empty and the kitchen person waved her arm at me and said "I'll get to it later". The desk clerk merely glared at me. Five minutes later I left while they were still having their conversation. The other guests just stared -- they couldn't believe it either.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank braumeister
Kyla C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience braumeister. I will discuss your feedback with my associates to ensure these issues do not occur again in the future. Thank you for your valued feedback and for choosing our hotel during your stay in Columbia!

Management

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We are in town for a family funeral, and spoke to the front desk agents at several Marriott properties before we stumbled on Jim at this Residence Inn. He was the only person to ask my name while I was inquiring about a room and he is currently staying past his shift time to get us checked in. We are thankful we arrived in time to meet him in person. I hope you also have the pleasure of dealing with Jim, especially during a stressful travel time.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2018

We arrived Saturday night around 12:30 am and the check in went smoothly. Then our nightmare started. We unlocked our room and smelled the chemical cleaning odor right away.Tired from our west coast flight my husband went to sleep - we reserved a 2 bedroom - I wanted to relax with some tea on the sofa and noticed big stains on the sofa and more stains on the chair. I turned over the sofa pillows more stains and a urine smell. Decided to go to sleep only to discover that my bed had been slept in. Called the front desk and was told to come and get clean linens. Made my bed and kicking off my shoes I felt the whole carpet was damp and at some places wet. The manager told me the next day that the carpet had been cleaned that AM. The next morning I was stunned to find dried food and food stains on the kitchen chairs, sofa and the glass of the fireplace. The bathroom doors were sticky with "???". We were moved to a new room. It looked clean and my granddaughter arrived. We were babysitting her and the Inn and pool had looked great on the website. I wiped down the kitchen table for her to have a snack and again was stunned at how filthy it was. I bought some Lysol and wiped the doors and tables. The air conditioner died two hours later and we were moved to room 3. Upon entering this room there was a strong burning smell. Dennis - what a gentleman - helped us move checked the room but could not find anything. A bit later, still trying to locate the source of the odor I checked the inside of the oven and the whole bottom was covered with a layer of burned foodstuff. Dirty pan was still in the oven. I did not call the manager since I did not want them to turn on the oven for automatic cleaning then that smell would have been worse. The manager did bring up a little bag with 4 pieces of candy for my granddaughter "for the inconvenience" she said.
The first morning I went down for breakfast and as I was waiting to talk to the manager there was a guest standing at the check in counter with a little dog laying on the actual check in counter. The dog walked over the check in counter towards were I was standing and from the looks of it this happened before. The desk clerk behind the counter did not say a word. I was somewhat surprised and the guest saw my look and asked if the dog was bothering me. I did not respond and the guest called his dog back. The dog walked back over the actual desk and keyboard of the computer. Again the desk clerk said nothing. When the manager came out I said that I thought it was not very hygienic to have a dog walk over the check in counter. She agreed and would talk to the guest. The next AM the dog was still walking on the counter the manager was there and so was the desk clerk. Yes, I grew up with dogs and have had dogs my whole adult life. So no dog hater here. Upon check out I told the desk clerk I was not paying for the first night. When she asked why I showed her the pictures of the dirty rooms. Fine she said and credited me the first night. No look of shock, disgust or surprise on her face while looking at the pics. No apology either.
Best part: pool and Dennis. The rest of the staff was pleasant enough. Would have gone to another hotel but my granddaughter made friends with this other little girl at the pool the first day and since I already wiped the rooms down with Lysol we decided to stay our scheduled 5 days. The burnt smell was somewhat alleviated with leaving the windows open in the living room area with AC and fan going. The dead bugs under the bathroom sink did not made me a big fan of this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Boomer21848
Kyla C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about your experience here at the Residence Inn Columbia. I understand your frustration and thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to work with our Housekeeping team to use this as a training moment on where we fell short and what we need to do better in the future. We are hoping for a full hotel renovation next year so we hope that you get a chance to return in the future to a better experience.

Thank you again for your time and again, I apologize for all of your inconveniences.

Kyla C.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

If you stay at this location it is absolutely imperative that you do not get a room that faces the highway. I am a relatively heavy sleeper and the night I spent here was torturous. Don’t risk it - pick another hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Josh_26
Kyla C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Hi Josh_26,

I’m so sorry to hear that you were on the highway side of the hotel and that it kept you awake during your stay with us. If you decide to return, please inquire at the Front Desk about availability for a non-highway side room and we will try our best to accommodate you. If we do not happen to have one of those rooms open, we can also offer ear plugs or sound machines to help you sleep.

Thank you for choosing our hotel!

Management

Reviewed June 2, 2018

First of all, let me say that my husband and I were here for 3 1/2 months! From day one the staff were wonderful. Our 2 bedroom suite was nicely furnished, beds were really comfortable and both bathrooms and linens were always clean and fresh. The breakfasts and evening mixers (with great food....thanks Stephanie!) were always good and well attended! The comfortable suite and the great staff made a bad situation (smoke damaged house) more tolerable (almost fun!). I am not one to write many reviews, but this exceptional hotel really deserved this 5 star rating.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple