“What was I thinking?”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Virginia
“What was I thinking?”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

if there was a half-star choice, this dump would get it. Everything was horrible in this place. Why didn't I read the reviews before reserving a room here? Stupid! The worst thing was the paper-thin walls. Apparently FEMA had placed 60 workers that were repairing electrical grids damaged from hurricane Irene in the area in the hotel. When I checked in, I was informed the rooms were no smoking with a $250 fine. Apparently, every single worker was a smoker, because almost every one of them were standing outside their rooms smoking while we tried to get through with our luggage. I was there for 3 nights. The first morning I was awakened at 5am by the workers' supervisor banging on every door in the complex, yelling for everyone to get up and go to work! They had 30 rooms, so this went on for a long time! After the door banging stopped, then I had to listen to each person dragging their bags down the stairs outside my room (thump. thump, thump!). This was something I had to deal with all 3 days! I could here the guy in the room directly above ours peeing in the toilet....lovely. The door to the bathroom swung all the way out to the tub, so if I was in the bathroom, I had to either step in the tub or straddle the toilet to open the door. There was some unidentifiable odor in our room, the A/C vent was full of dead bugs, the pool closed at 8pm, the breakfast was awful and unchanged over 3 days. The waffle iron had no directions and no butter or spray, so by the time we dug our waffles out of it, it was a pile of burned crumbs. We couldn't get our WI-FI to work even with the front desk clerk trying to help, the TV was 20 years old and made a loud humming sound when on. To get to the hotel coming from the south, you had to U-turn across 3 lanes of traffic coming off the interstate with no traffic light. That took 10 minutes the first time. Hampton Inn is right across the street with the same rates and wonderful rooms and service, but no swimming pool. Thats why I chose Days Inn, but next time I'll splash in the bathtub at Hampton Inn. Also, the computer room had two computers. One wouldn't boot up and the other randomly shut off right in the middle of using it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank toolman464

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My friend booked the hotel and the few reviews I saw said it was a hit or miss. I was expecting a dump but it was MUCH better than I anticipated.

PROS:
Very easy to find off the highway
Super close to Baltimore
The man working the desk at 11 pm knew who we were walking in,
Easy check-in
Very clean rooms
Easy check-out

CONS:
Doing some construction right now on the outside, so heard banging in the morning (granted, around 10 AM)
Pillows are small (about half the size of a normal pillow. Granted, they give three per bed. but why so small?)

Overall, it was much better than other hotels I've stayed at in that price range and I would absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lindsey H
Daleville, Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This hotel is an older hotel, but the rooms are larger then most newer hotels/motels.I reserved two rooms,1 with a king bed & the other with 2 doubles. Both rooms were big,had all the necessary amenities (hair dryer,iron,ironing board,coffee maker,fridge and microwave.) Didn't get a chance to use the pool ,but it did look inviting. The staff were all very nice. Kudos to the management for hiring such friendly hard working people.

Room Tip: ask for pool side
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We only spent one night here but everything was great. The price was great, the manager was very helpful with direction to the city, which was only 8 miles. I .did not get a chance to go in the pool but it was a nice pool.and the free meal was great which included saugage eggs and potatoes.I WILL STAY HERE NEXT TIME IM IN THE AREA . Thanks days inn

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Hamlet
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Our stay in this hotel was excellent. The staff was there to serve and make our stay as comfortable as possible. We left our car at the hotel as we embarked on our cruise. I felt our car was safe and well taken care of. The hotel shuttled us to and from our cruise with little problem. The hotel manager was great trying to keep us on time. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GlennSims
daysinngb, Manager at Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Guest

It was pleasure to have you as a guest. It is a great honor for us that you liked our effort to make your stay comfortable. We always endeavor to provide excellent service to our guests. We do our best to provide timely transportation and excellent stay for our guest on park & fly and park & cruise packages. We are looking forward to your next leisure or work related trip.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My recent stay at the Days Inn in Glen Burnie by Baltimore was very nice. The room was nicely updated, very comfortable and quiet. All of the hotal staff weere very friendly and helpful. A definite return visit is in order when I am traveling back in that area. They also have a very nice pool complete with a lifeguard.

Room Tip: Facing the pool is preferred
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for the positive feedback. Your comments about Days Inn Glen Burnie team are encouragement for us. We are pleased that you found our location as per your expectation. This is a great area where every place you can imagine is around here. Outbacks, Wendy’s, IHOP, KFC, McDonalds, Checkers, Taco Bell, Food Lion, Giant, K-mart, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, (regular and Super) within one mile radius. It is also close enough from Inner Harbor and BWI. We are looking forward to your next trip.

Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I made a last-minute decision to stay in Glen Burnie MD on our way home from vacation. I spoke to Jay, the gentleman at the front desk, a few times by phone before choosing the Days Inn over several other hotels; he was consistently helpful and friendly. The nightly rate at this hotel was the best of numerous in the area and when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to see that the common areas of the hotel as well as our room were updated, well-appointed, and clean. The included breakfast was substantial with numerous hot offerings. We would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
daysinngb, Manager at Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. We value your feedback and encouragement. Days Inn team is glad that you found our facilities competitive among numerous hotels in the area. We endeavor to provide value for money services to our guests and always try to exceed their expectations. I am glad to know that you found our facilities clean and convenient. We would like to welcome you for the future trips.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
3.1 km away
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites
10.8 km away
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!