“Amazing Sushi for an Airport”

Gachi House of Sushi
Ranked #13 of 287 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed January 26, 2016

I had a bit of time before a flight in December and decided to give this place a try since it was near my gate. I fly in and out of BWI frequently but this is the first time I had seen Gachi. I was expecting much from an airport restaurant, but Gachi House delivered way more than I expected. Who would have thought you can find quality sushi in such a location. The rice was fresh and well prepared and the fish was outstanding. These guys need to expand and open a restaurant outside of the airport to let more people enjoy their fantastic sushi. I can't say enough - this place is top notch!

Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

Service was excellent. Fish comes from a local fish market in Maryland. The ramen has a deep broth taste despite the limits of cooking in an airport. The triple delight role is great decadence. Sashimi fresh and light. Small but nice Sake selection.

Reviewed November 16, 2015

As a frequent traveler I know that the airport can be a stressful place to enjoy a meal. That's why I'm so thankful for Gachi Sushi! The sushi is super fresh, very tasty and creatively prepared, and the entire restaurant gives a nice feeling of peace and tranquility amidst the noise and havoc at the very busy A Gate.
All of the items (sashimi, nigiri and rolls) are prepared with love and care, and while the selection is not huge due to limited space, everything I have had there has been superb.
My strong suggestion is to sit at the sushi bar and tell Buddhi what type of food you like. He will take it away and prepare you an amazing meal. In a world of faceless airport service it is so refreshing to find someone who truly cares about the food and the experience they create.
They also have great noodles, cold tea imported from Japan, etc. - but the sushi is the star at Gachi.
Gate B has a "grab and go" location, which is fine if you are in a hurry, but since you can access the real thing from either A, B or C, my suggestion is to skip the pre-packaged stuff and go for the actual bar.
My only complaint is that you have to have a plane ticket to visit - I wish they would open one in Federal Hill, Baltimore!!

Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

Who expects to get GREAT sushi in an airport ? The food is fantastic and the service was excellent. Try the Southwest Roll if you like spicy. The slice of jalapeño adds a great kick. The Tuna Tataki is really good, but next time I will ask them to leave off the tomato. This is my new favorite airport food !

Reviewed October 13, 2015

This is a must stop eatery when in BWI. Have been going there for years and have never had a bad meal. Just visited tonight with only half an hour between flights to spare and Mr. Buddhi totally hooked me up again. Many patrons I have met cannot believe how good it is for being in the airport and I concur. Thanks again!

1  Thank BillB34146