“Blizzard2016”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed January 29, 2016 via mobile

Took the kids here the minute the streets eere passable. With limited employees the service was still GREAT! Food came quicker than ever and it was kind of crowded

Reviewed July 2, 2015 via mobile

Visited with the kids (boy/girl 2year old twins) and we had loads of fun! The kids simply didn't want to leave when it was time to go. Something for every age. I even had a go at some of the machines myself. only downside is I spent more than budgeted as the kids simply couldn't have enough

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 19, 2008

Good Pizza and Fun for the kids

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 6, 2006

I loved going to Chuck E. Cheese as a child and my husband and I were excited to bring our two-year-old daughter to Chuck E. Cheese for her first time on November 15, 2006. We were treated so poorly my management that I don't know if we will ever return.

We arrived at 5:05 pm and were told that the wait was 30 minutes. I am five months pregnant and I was really hungry but we decided to wait even though there was no seating in the waiting area. Very few people were allowed in in the first few minutes even though at least five tables sat empty and uncleaned. Many people waiting left.

After the first half-hour we noticed a manager approach the hostess stand. She identified herself as Marty Wheeler. We told her we had been waiting over a half-hour and that the wait time was supposed to be only a half-hour and asked when we would be seated. She said she really didn't know since most of the seating was for birthday parties and her staff needed to clean the dirty tables in the other section (which had been dirty since we came in). She walked away.

We then witnessed a man of a different racial background than us but the same race as the hostess tell the hostess that he was not there for a birthday party and did not have reservations, ask about the wait, and be told it was a half-hour. However, ten minutes later he was inside the restaurant. He could not have entered without the hostess knowing as she had velvet ropes on either side of her stand.

As we continued to wait, my daughter was playing with other children in the waiting area within a foot of me when I heard three older boys (approximately ages 7 to 9) each call her a [---] and laugh. I turned around and asked them what they said but they and their mother refused to look at me. As this occurred the manager had walked up to the hostess stand again and she and the hostess were within earshot when my two-year-old daughter was verbally assaulted. Assuming they must not have heard what happened, I informed them immediately. Instead of taking action against those boys or even acknowledging the problem, she decided to finally seat us. She then sat that family of boys directly next to us!

I am upset that the wait time was so deliberately misrepresented to us (the hostess was still telling people a half-hour as we left). This caused me and my family a lot of discomfort as I am five months pregnant with medical complications and I would have left if I had know we had to stand for over an hour. However, the worst part is that a two-year-old child can be called such a vulgar name within earshot of the manager and be informed of the incident immediately by the child's parent and the only action taken by the manager is to sit the family next to us. Ms. Wheeler never apologized for any part of our experience. I composed an even more detailed account and submitted it on the Chuck E. Cheese website at 12:26 pm on Monday, November 13, 2006. I received a message saying I would probably get a response within 48 hours. No response so far.

I can only surmise that this is the kind of clientele Chuck E. Cheese is choosing to cater to.

I really feel that Chuck E. Cheese owes my daughter an apology. I would hope they would decide that more stringent rules of conduct should be required of guests for the good of all its guests. I would like them to make efforts to give realistic estimates of wait time. Also, for the good of their business they might consider replacing some of their staff as I worked in the restaurant industry for seven years and it does not take one hour to wipe down five tables (especially since the napkin dispenser at our table was still empty when we were seated). We also observed a group of two to four employees in the parking lot smoking for at least a half-hour on and off while we were waiting. Your restaurant could benefit from a manager who is concerned that paying customers were walking out of your restaurant instead of being seated at empty tables while three employees smoked cigarettes in the parking lot for the better part of an hour.

3  Thank deniseb1975