“Loved It” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Grasonville
Syracuse, New York
“Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Oh my goodness! We had a great time at this hotel! We were there for my daughters wedding and Amita was a tremendous help! She was a joy to talk to and was so helpful in every aspect. We will go back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

When we got there we were greeted by friendly staff. Our room was better than many we had stayed in previously. The room was clean. I loved the continental breakfast too.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Charles49022
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

The staff went above and beyond to make sure that many family members of all ages were accomodated for area wedding. The rooms are small and basic, but a good value for the location. Other hotels in the area were double the cost for the same weekend nights.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the highway (in the back)
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Wedding_guest79
Fishing Creek, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

I thought I had planned my two-week-plus cross-America and Canada road trip to perfection when I was on my last day driving back home to the Virginia Eastern Shore and SOMEHOW, despite being a lifelong resident, forgot--Friday evening. In August. The Bay Bridge. One or two vulgarities may have slipped my mouth that evening as I neared Annapolis. I was hoping to get home to spend the one night with my fiancee before I had to fly back down to Atlanta and go back to work, but after spending HOURS at the bottleneck, I knew I couldn't take it. Four hours to go and I was already drowsy. I also knew what that meant I would have to pay to find a room around here.

They get you. Have no qualms about that. Every hotel on the road out to Ocean City will jack up their rates to unreal levels in the summer, knowing they have tens (hundreds?) of thousands of tourists to pick from. Even finding a room can be tough. I started calling places and to my surprise, the Sleep Inn in Grasonville (on Kent Narrows, just over the bridge) had one room left--about $150 a night. Ouch.

I've stayed here before; it's a good spot if you need to get to Western Shore locations early in the morning and want something cheap when it's not a summer weekend night, and the hotel is still fine. A little bit dated, but still kicking. Not the nicest or most modern Sleep Inn, but the service is friendly, and the clean and comfortable bed was exactly what I needed. I slept soundly and made the rest of the trip home the next morning SAFELY. 50 on the Shore is no road to travel on late at night when you're exhausted and prone to making mistakes--there's already enough idiots on it.

Generally, I love Sleep Inns. They're my motel of choice when I'm out on the road or needing a cheap place to stay. The Grasonville one is just fine, although if your destination is Kent Island and you want something with a view, check out the Hilton Garden Inn. Never stayed there, but it's a brand new property right on the water, giving you beautiful views of the Chesapeake. I plan to check it out later this coming summer. Rates aren't all that much higher.

However, if saving a little bit of money is key and you need something quick and easy for one night, don't try the shady motels in the vicinity; you'll probably be sorry. Go for the Sleep Inn. If you have little ones, they do have a small, clean pool. There's nautical themed pictures in the breakfast area to give you the whole Bay cultural experience and what not, and while I've never had a problem, I get the vibe that it would be fixed in short order.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

We checked into The Sleep Inn on Saturday for two nights. The rooms were very small but clean. I feel for $89 a night we got ripped off. This was more like a $45 a night hotel. The beds were comfortable but shook with the slightest touch.
At 1am there was a lot of screaming and yelling up and down the hall. We called the front desk clerk but she claimed she couldn't hear anything. This went on for an hour until the drunks calmed down and went to bed.
Then, at 6am the hotel came alive once again as Ms. Edna Lee's Competition Dance Team woke up and started jumping on the beds, running in the halls, screaming.
The breakfast was fine however the area to eat was very small.
I am a Heavy sleeper and I can honestly say I only got about 6 hours of sleep at this hotel. The front desk clerk overnight was not helpful in getting the other guests to quiet down. When my husband walked to the lobby at 2 the desk clerk was sitting on the couch with some friends.
This Sleep Inn is miles from restaurants or shopping. Do yourself a favor and keep on going! The drunks might have been coming back from the VFW which sits in the back yard of this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Grasonville hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

We stayed here multiple times (over 10) in the past two years and have found the accomodations clean and well apportioned (for the rate), the staff friendly and helpful and the location convenient. We have also recommended this hotel to friends visiting us in the area and none of them have had any complaints to us. The front desk clerk is exceptional. We watched her handle a "rush" of customers in record time.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank myktdid
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

Was afraid because it was a budget hotel, usually do not fair well with these. Never stayed at a Sleep Inn before so I was expecting something to be bad, gross, ugly. Glady, all was good except for a few minor things I can live with for one night. Hotel and room was clean, furnishings and linens were in very good condition and up to date. Bkfst and common areas, nice and clean also. They have smoking rooms which I just dont get, our room and hallway smelled like deodorizer and smoke, we turned the vent on and it cleared out in a few hours. The shower water had a rusty smell, didnt like that. Do not know if the other rooms have smelly water. No elevators, it;'s a 2 story hotel. Staff was efficient, no problems here. This hotel is like the Hilton of budget hotels. I would stay here again especially when the Holiday inn and Hilton are charging $200 + a night. Short drive to the restaraunts without having to get on Route 50.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grasonville
3.2 km away
Kent Manor Inn
#2 of 2 in Stevensville
23.1 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Easton Inn & Suites

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!