We were attending a wedding at the Kent Manor Inn just up the road in Stephensville, Md. Rather than paying $300 a night at the Inn (which is lovely!), Grasonville (Kent Island) offers several hotel choices for under $100. We chose the Holiday Inn Express because we knew it was one of the newer hotels in the area. It may be considered a more simple hotel...but we found it very nice. Nice clean lobby. Plenty of parking. The pool was closed for the season, but there was a patio area with tables as well as a nice lawn & a deck with a trellis overlooking the water, with stairs down to a dock. I was pleasantly surprised with the view as instead of facing the main marina area (which comparably is "busy & cluttered") this hotel faces an inlet, with only water, cat tails & ducks! So picturesque! I'd love to plan a romantic picnic dinner on that deck! And the hotel REALLY is walking distance to a handful of great seafood restaurants & fun waterfront bars...so enjoy a cocktail & walk it home! Red Eye's Dock Bar, Harris' Crab House, Annie's. And daytime, I wouldn't have a problem walking over to the "other side" of Kent Island as well.
Room: The King Bed was comfortable, and with my preference: the white comforter cover (Laundered between guests!) with a decorative runner. Plenty of horizontal spaces to layout our stuff. Nice flatscreen t.v. Easily controllable thru-the-wall heat pump. Nice light from window...but good black-out curtains for sleeping. Plenty of bath countertop space & mirror with good lighting; standard toilet & tub/shower: nothing fancy, but clean and well maintained.
Don't usually eat breakfast, but was tempted with the eggs & bacon when I went to grab a glass of juice (orange, apple or cranberry!) Don't see how anyone could complain about a "free" breakfast like the spread they offered! If you want gourmet or made-to-order eggs, you need to head over to the Cracker Barrell. They had so many options: breads (toast/english muffin/bagel/ warm cinnamon rolls) yogurts, cereal & milk options, warm oatmeal, fresh fruit.
Service was all friendly & helpful, check-in/out were less than 2 minutes each!
No real noise problems: Didn't hear any highway noise, or neighbors on either side (tho rooms were occupied), However, in the early morning did hear the guy upstairs drop something very heavy...a kettlebell?? But that doesn't even constitute a "complaint"...none here. Sure, for a week's vacation I prefer a 4 or 5 star resort, but for a few very affordable nights in a picturesque waterfront town...the HIE can't be beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IHG Award Winning Direct waterfront hotel on the Chesapeake Bay. Hot breakfast included with your stay, everyday. Observation Deck and Pier to get close to the Bay. Walking distance to all the restaurants and nightlife The Narrows offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Kent Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Kent Island Hotel Grasonville
- Holiday Inn Grasonville
- Holiday Inn Express Grasonville
- Grasonville Holiday Inn