“Great Crab Cakes!”

Fireside Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #44 of 296 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Ramada Plaza Hotel at the same address. 301-733-4800
Reviewed May 14, 2018

We were travelling and stopped in Hagerstown for the evening - We found the Fireside and we were very happy with the service and food. Alyssa was very attentive and fun to talk with - she made the dinner experience excellent. I would recommend the crab cakes - filled with lumps of meat - their desserts are very tasty also!

Reviewed January 31, 2018

I met a friend here for a celebration dinner here on a weekday evening around 5:30. I haven't been here in several years and thought it would be a higher end experience than most restaurants/chains. At first we questioned if they were open because the parking lot was completely empty, not another car, then we thought we had the wrong entrance but that wasn't the case at all - they just didn't have any customers so maybe that should have been our sign. Anyway, we decided to give it a try. When we walked in we were greeted, most of the employees were standing around talking to each other, we asked if they were open and they said yes. The waitress was friendly and attentive on the plus side. I ordered a "house specialty" item stuffed flounder and my friend got the prime rib. I couldn't believe the only vegetables offered were all potatoes - mashed, baked, french fries or sweet potato fries. I was hoping for healthier choices. Although, a large bunch of broccoli was served as a side when our meals arrived but not mentioned on the menu...not a broccoli fan. The stuffed flounder was bland, nothing special, somewhat disappointed. My friends sweet potato fries were okay but seemed overly deep fried. Oh, the soup and salad bar came with the meal as well. It hasn't changed in years, think it needs a makeover/update.
Needless to say, I was not impressed. I thought after not eating there for several years it would be a better experience and a place to go on special occasions. Overall experience, the food was mediocre (needs better choices of sides) and salad bar needs a face lift. The service/waitress was very good not complaints there. We did get put by fireplace but it was not lit (they did offer to turn it on). Probably won't be going back anytime soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2017

I had been hearing great reviews about the Fireside in Hagerstown, Md. Our bookclub decided to do our Christmas luncheon there. It was mediocre at best. Maybe their dinner menu is great but I wouldn't recommend the lunch buffet or sandwiches. The "hot" buffet consisted of one selection of the day. It had soup, salad and some puddings. They had no fresh fruit. I felt they rushed us through our meal even grabbing a plate off the table that I was still eating from. Also went to the restroom after paying and they locked the outside restaurant door , forcing us to walk through the Hotel, Rude

Reviewed November 17, 2017

I generally like this restaurant as an upscale quality restaurant. Tonite was quite awful. the 1/2 rack of ribs were not "fall off the bone". It was more like use a chainsaw. Meal was flat. The sweet potato fries were burnt and the asparagus was really overcooked. the salad bar was also not fresh at 6:00 on a Friday. Don't know what has changed but this will not work.

1  Thank Ronald S
Reviewed November 5, 2017

As always, expect great quality...fresh salad bar, soup, crab cakes, prime rib, scallops, etc,,everything is great. Service is tops...We usually ask for Eric, a server there..he has waited on us for many years. He makes sure that your food is right before it gets to your table....Great atmosphere,,