All reviews two bedroom suite evening reception wine and beer full kitchen hilton brand great hotel the sofa bed complimentary breakfast buffalo wild wings bob evans living area rooms are spacious a great stay the hotel is clean indoor pool business trip front desk staff
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I booked this room as a "stopping point" on our way home from Thanksgiving with the inlaws.

I could not have been happier. The hotel looks brand new inside & out, the staff is courteous & helpful, and the room was large, quiet, and very clean. It is located directly next door to Outback Steakhouse, Bob Evans, and Buffalo Wild Wings (or as I like to call them, breakfast, lunch & dinner!).

The location is easy to get to WITH a gps....without one, it would be somewhat tricky. Approximately 1 mile or 5 minutes from interstate 81.

Our stay went as follows : Fast check-in, up to the room, leave our bags, walk over to Outback Steakhouse, come back & take a soak in the Jacuzzi & swim in the pool, head to the room to shower/change, walk over to Buffalo Wild Wings, come back & go to sleep, wake up & go downstairs for our FREE extensive breakfast served next to the lobby, and check out.

The only two issues that I can see would bother anyone are :

1. The hotel is located next to train tracks, and ONE train did come by briefly in the evening.
2. NO bathroom exhaust fan.

Pros are:

Clean, quiet, convenient, safe, new, large rooms, full kitchens in each room, flat screen tv, large parking area, located next to 3 great restaurants, very friendly staff, FREE breakfast everyday & FREE dinner mon-thurs.

5 stars for me! I hope you like it too :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2011

The staff is great. The location is perfect, right down the street from the mall. We had dinner at Garfield's, a restaurant located at the mall. We read in our hotel room brochure that if you show your room key you receive a 15% discount. The room was clean and very quiet. My only disappointment is that I don't think there was a business center, at least I didn't see one. I chose this hotel because it was an easy off on from the freeway. We were headed to the Skyline Drive.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights travelling on business. The suite is excellent. Very comfortable king bed
A full kitchen .Lovely breakfast in the morning and lunch in the evening. Staff very friendly and helpful
Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We had a one bedroom suite for myself, husband and daughter. It was roomy and comfortable. The hotel offered complementary dinner on weekdays and breakfast everyday. The pool was nice and the entire facilty very clean. The staff was accomodating and we throughly enjoyed our visit. We visited the Amtietum battlefield (about 20 minutes away) and Hapers Ferry, WV. It is also close to Gettysburg, PA.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 2collegemom
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here over the weekend that Hurricane Irene ravaged the eastern seaboard of the US. Through Expedia, we booked two suites online with another couple, and we chose this location because it was reasonably close to the factory outlet malls and had several food options very close by. Also, it was pet friendly and we had to bring our two cats and our aging dog.

The suites were a good size and nicely laid out, though we didn't get the larger 1bedroom requested (and paid for) for the other couple, who were travelling with a toddler and a dog. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy with good quality linens and abundant pillows. I appreciated the large leather ottoman placed in front of the pull out couch, and the very comfortable desk with free high speed Internet that was actually properly high speed. They provided also a full size ironing board and iron, and a hair dryer, amenities that can be lacking in some suite hotels in this price range. The fridge was full size, and the room also had a full ceramic flat top cooktop. a microwave, and a coffee maker. A full range of cooking and eating items were available, though we would have appreciated them including an actual corkscrew in each room. The one provided in our room was so dull and thick it broke our bottle's cork into a dozen pieces. The free microwave popcorn was a nice touch, as was the flat screen television viewable both from the couch and from the bed.

Note to families with small children: There are no tubs in these. Instead there is a large shower area with a single shower head. If your child doesn't like showers, you should perhaps find another place to stay. Also, the way the overly large (wheelchair accessible? ) door to the bathroom works, it ends up barely clearing the toilet. so be careful of children around this door.

The full breakfast in the morning was decent, though the potatoes were incredibly oily on the first morning (could have poured 1/4 of a cup of oil off of my spoonful) and on the Sunday, the weird sausage stuffing was a lumpen paste, even when the dish was fresh. The eggs were ok, but were obviously microwaved, and on the Sunday, they had runout of every single kind of breakfast bread, pastry and bagel by 8:30 am. Asking for more from the staff elicited a shrug, and a pursing of the lips, but nothing else. The coffee was pretty good though, with a mild, a strong and a decaf on offering, and they had to-go mugs with nice Starbux style lids.

On checkout we were interrogated about our dog (who hadn't issued a peep during our visit given she's blind and deaf) and informed huffily that we were supposed to pay a $50 "pet fee" upon checkin. We booked through Expedia and told them about our pets - it was our job to also once again inform the hotel? This was the first we heard about this and we dug our heels in, refusing to pay a fee after the fact. He pushed at us a bit then gave us a lecture about the fee before saying he'd wave it "this time only" and wagging a finger at us, with his nose in the air and his voice chilly and uppity the whole time, talking to us condescendingly and suspiciously as if we were simpleton criminals. This soured the stay.

Overall, it was a good place to stay, comfortable and well kept and stylish. While I might stay here again on a "ladies shopping spree", I wouldn't bring small children here though for long, and I wouldn't bring my dog back given the exorbitant fee and the staff attitude.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family