“Too nice for only one night.”

Homewood Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I spent one night here and the room made me wish that I was staying in the area longer and that my wife were with me. The suite was very large, had a kitchen with a sink, two burner electric stove, nearly full size fridge and a dishwasher. Additionally, it came equipped with dishes and utensils. There living area consisted of a couch with a large coffee table, a desk large enough to work from and room to move around. The bathroom featured a double vanity, large closet with ironing board and extra blankets, the shower and toilet are in a separate room and were nothing special but the shower was large and the water was very hot.
Breakfast was better than the usual complimentary hotel breakfast and the coffe was decent.

Room Tip: There was a gap beneath the door so I could I hear what was going on in the hallway. Also, I was nea...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank danieljchapin

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Breakfast & dinner, bball hoop & exercise room with indoor pool & hot tub. Best hotel period! It's so great that I didn't care that much that there are no exhaust fans

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed here on our way back from vacation. Great room, we had a Kind Studio. Staff was helpful and friendly. Morning breakfast could use a waffle maker, but the breakfast staff was very nice, polite and a pleasure.

Room Tip: The king studio was perfect for our family of 4
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

If you are looking for a place to pull over for the night on your way to here and there, this is an excellent place to hole up for the night. Welcoming lobby, welcoming staff. Clean, comfortable and well-appointed, our room came with a full kitchen. If it's a restaurant you want, just walk outside the door. The complimentary breakfast is excellent. The directions to the hotel are a bit convoluted. And yes you going the right way when you have to make your way through the Mall to get to there. Despite that, it is easy on, easy off.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2011

While traveling on business we had the opportunity to stay at this property last week. I am no longer a Hilton member, however I always stay at this property when in Hagerstown. The staff is very good, the location is very good, and the rooms are excellent. The breakfast is plentiful, hot, and delicious. Wine and beer with a light meal in the evening. Quite honestly in the area it is hard to beat. You wont regret staying here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank UoMdaddy
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I booked this room as a "stopping point" on our way home from Thanksgiving with the inlaws.

I could not have been happier. The hotel looks brand new inside & out, the staff is courteous & helpful, and the room was large, quiet, and very clean. It is located directly next door to Outback Steakhouse, Bob Evans, and Buffalo Wild Wings (or as I like to call them, breakfast, lunch & dinner!).

The location is easy to get to WITH a gps....without one, it would be somewhat tricky. Approximately 1 mile or 5 minutes from interstate 81.

Our stay went as follows : Fast check-in, up to the room, leave our bags, walk over to Outback Steakhouse, come back & take a soak in the Jacuzzi & swim in the pool, head to the room to shower/change, walk over to Buffalo Wild Wings, come back & go to sleep, wake up & go downstairs for our FREE extensive breakfast served next to the lobby, and check out.

The only two issues that I can see would bother anyone are :

1. The hotel is located next to train tracks, and ONE train did come by briefly in the evening.
2. NO bathroom exhaust fan.

Pros are:

Clean, quiet, convenient, safe, new, large rooms, full kitchens in each room, flat screen tv, large parking area, located next to 3 great restaurants, very friendly staff, FREE breakfast everyday & FREE dinner mon-thurs.

5 stars for me! I hope you like it too :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The staff is great. The location is perfect, right down the street from the mall. We had dinner at Garfield's, a restaurant located at the mall. We read in our hotel room brochure that if you show your room key you receive a 15% discount. The room was clean and very quiet. My only disappointment is that I don't think there was a business center, at least I didn't see one. I chose this hotel because it was an easy off on from the freeway. We were headed to the Skyline Drive.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple