“excellent stay”

Homewood Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Andrew Andrew Andrew what more can I say. We called from the road and Andrew answered. What a wonderful greeting. He was so nice and helpful.What a nice young man he certainly is a huge asset to the hotel. We were 2 hrs away and the wife asked Andrew can you hold a room for us and he said I already have. When we arrived Andrew had the keys waiting and we were in our Immaculate room within 5 minutes. We always have good luck at the Home wood suites but his one was 5 star all the way. The hospitality at the evening wine and meal service was very nice as usual. The breakfast the next morning was also beyond any one's expectations. We travel back and forth to Florida all winter and this will be our permanent stop. This review is being written by a person who is very fussy when it comes to staying in hotels. Do yourself a favor and don't go anywhere else in Hagerstown, it is the best. Thanks again Andrew for a wonderful stay. We will see you again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for Andrew.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Having stayed at Homewood Suites in Hagerstown before with my husband, I couldn't say enough good things about it. The hotel then was pretty new and it was spotless, we loved it. This trip, on March 31, I was with my dad and it required a king bed with sofa bed since they were running full. I haven't tried their sofa beds before. Hoooo, boy. When I pulled it open I thought the top mattress was missing because all there was, was something similar to a thin box spring with a thin mattress pad over it. I literally felt like I was laying on a box spring, there was no padding. I called the front desk, and Andrew was there in a minute. He was a dear man, polite and accommodating and exactly the kind of person we all hope will be overseeing our experience. Andrew literally tested out the sofabed and agreed that it was not going to be comfortable for me. Without hesitation, he asked if we would be more comfortable in a 2 bedroom suite very close by, and he offered to comp the rate difference for the night. What a relief that was to my 91 year old father and this 61 year old woman who sorely needed a good bed after a 7 hour drive. We each ended up with our own bedroom, our own TV's, and two huge beautiful bathrooms. Andrew, I blessed you a hundred times for your professionalism and understanding. Had a great sleep and a great breakfast the next morning. Did have one minor irritation about the pool area, which I guess is just bad timing on my part.....aside from the chlorine in the air burning my eyes and nose as soon as I entered the pool room, there were a lot of kids in the pool (I'd say about 10), jumping and whooping it up. Sound really echoes in there, and after about 5 minutes in the jacuzzi (because they were splashing like mad in the pool), I gave up and went back to my room. Kids will be kids, they were having fun, but there was just no way an older person could relax in there. Like I said, bad timing for me.

As it turns out, we have a reservation next Saturday night for out return trip. I'm a little apprehensive because I know that this sofa bed this will rear its ugly head and I don't know what to do about it. Hopefully a room with 2 beds will open up 'cuz there's no way I can sleep on it.

It's a great bunch who work there, polite and welcoming, and housekeeping is excellent.

Room Tip: don't count on using that sofa bed, it's really the worst I've ever seen, and I managed...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Florida for one night. It is very accessible off of I-81.The hotel was very clean and the room was big and comfortable. They offered a free hot buffet breakfast in the morning which was good. The staff were very friendly and helpful, considering that we left behind a gift and had to call the hotel and ask if they would have it delivered to us. They gladly took care of it and it arrived packaged very well and undamaged. My daughter was very grateful. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marshall C B
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is by far one of the best Hilton properties we have stayed in--absolutely perfect. The rooms are spectacular and the staff couldn't have been nicer.
This is one outstanding property and I HIGHLY recommend it to any travellers going to Hagerstown.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a 1 king/2 queen bedroom suite. Wonderful!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My daughter and I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. We meet two other moms and daughters (7 years old and younger) and have a Girls' Weekend twice a year. The hotel has been wonderful each time we have stayed, and this was at least our 7th weekend stay. We always get a two bedroom suite. Two moms and their daughters stay in the bedroom that has two queen beds, and the other mom and her daughter(s) stay in the second bedroom that has a king bed. Between the two bedrooms and the living room space, the children have lots of room to run around and play. There is also a kitchen with a full-size fridge, a microwave, an oven, and a dishwasher. It's useful to have this at your disposal when travelling with kids.

There is an indoor pool and hot tub that we make use of on each trip, also. One of my favorite aspects about the pool is that towels are provided in the pool area. This means that we don't need to bring towels - one less thing to have to pack! The hotel also provides a complimentary breakfast each morning. When we stayed several years ago, the breakfasts used to be more varied with items like biscuits and gravy and french toast. We have noticed, though, that the "hot" part of breakfast has been scaled back somewhat. Both mornings on our last visit included scrambled eggs, sausage links one day and bacon the next, and hash browns. There is also a waffle maker, plenty of cereal, breads and bagels, and fruit and yogurt. Fresh coffee is available all day, which I have taken advantage of!

Check in and check out is always easy. The people at the front desk have always been friendly and helpful. All in all, if you are going to Hagerstown, this is a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Homewood Suites in Hagerstown, MD, is a great property. The hotel is newer, the rooms clean and well laid-out, and the associates are very friendly and efficient. It's my stay of choice when I am in the area. From free Wi-Fi, to the complimentary light dinner and breakfast, it's designed for busy people.

Room Tip: The one-bedroom suites are a bit better than the studios, if you have a choice. They also have two...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AccidentalGlobetrttr
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I spent one night here and the room made me wish that I was staying in the area longer and that my wife were with me. The suite was very large, had a kitchen with a sink, two burner electric stove, nearly full size fridge and a dishwasher. Additionally, it came equipped with dishes and utensils. There living area consisted of a couch with a large coffee table, a desk large enough to work from and room to move around. The bathroom featured a double vanity, large closet with ironing board and extra blankets, the shower and toilet are in a separate room and were nothing special but the shower was large and the water was very hot.
Breakfast was better than the usual complimentary hotel breakfast and the coffe was decent.

Room Tip: There was a gap beneath the door so I could I hear what was going on in the hallway. Also, I was nea...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo