All reviews basketball court two bedroom suite evening reception full kitchen ceiling fan wine and beer hilton brand great hotel the sofa bed bob evans home away from home complimentary breakfast rooms are spacious buffalo wild wings living area pool and hot tub the hotel is clean
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel was clean and the front desk staff were very helpful. Our room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. It was very quiet at night and we slept well. There are several restaurants nearby that cater for all tastes.. All in all we were pleasantly surprised.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
fmdmjy, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Roaming Reader,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant nights sleep and that our beautiful fire side lodge and patio areas were the perfect location for gathering with family and friends that were also staying with your wedding party. It is my sincere hope that the wedding and your weekend were filled with warm memories.

I also wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding the use of plastic ware. After review your stay history it appears that you may have stayed with us on a weekend that we had a high volume of children athletes that were participating on one of the many weekend tournements that the area hosts during the summer months. While our goal is to provide safety to those young guests I can understand your comments of waste from a "green" prospective. In the future I have advised the staff to offer both options during these times so that our guest can choose for themselves. Please know that during a "normal" business day plastic ware is only used for take out puposes such as coffee.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to bringing this item to our attention. We truly appreciate your comments.

Hospitably,
Francine
Corporate Director

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was the hotel suggested for a wedding we attended recently in Hagerstown, so my husband and I were part of a large block of rooms. I have to be honest and say I didn't expect much before we arrived, and I was completely blown away. Our suite was spacious and comfortable, with good amenities, and quiet at night (even on 1st floor). The lobby and other common facilities were great for hanging out with family. Breakfast was adequate. My only complaint would be the excessive use of plastic-ware at breakfast: plastic plates, cups, mini-cups for berries, flatware... seemed wasteful, considering how many people eat there each morning.
Thank you, Homewood, for a comfortable weekend!

Room tip: Ask to be away from the elevators and doors to the parking lots. We were in 122 and it was very quiet at night, even though our windows were to the parking lot.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hotel is not in a particularly pretty area, but it is a bit further back away from the highways and near a forest. Lots of nearby restaurants and shops. The suites are nice and clean, aand I have no real complaints. The pool and hot tub are nice. The fitness room is small but better than an average hotel. The courtyard is nice and tranquil. A half basketball court, shuffle board, and putting green gave me some entertainment. There was a surpising number of forign visitors speaking French and Italian, that I noticed. The front desk said they often come for the Volvo plant. The breakfasts were decent. They offered free dinners, which were free, including box wine and budlight. Nothing was particularly good, but it was free. Burgers, hotdogs, and potatoes could be expected, regardless of what the calendar menu said. The salad was iceberg. No signs of any whole-grains in the whole hotel. You will be hard-pressed to locate a vegetable, but the breakfast had plenty of fruit. The cookies were actually pretty good. For a free meal and booze, it is not bad but you would get sick of it in a hurry. It is not bad stay, but not the type of place you will be wowed by either: maybe that sums up all of Hagerstown, though.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed at Homewood suites Hagerstown in June 2012 for two nights.

The staff was pleasant and dealt with small issues quickly.

I stayed in a room on the 3rd floor. Very good size, large living room with slightly cramped kitchen area. The bed was really comfortable, and a real treat to go back to at night.
No noise at all, and this is coming from a light sleeper.
Cleanliness was as expected.
Breakfast had a small but good selection.

The hotel has both smoking and non-smoking room. Make sure you specify what you are are looking for when booking.

Reviews have mentioned bedbugs, but I ave not seen any despite being on the lookout.

Room tip: If you are a non-smoker, stay away from the 5th floor and specify a non-smoking room.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Nothing but good things to say. Staff was friendly from the moment we walked in and the rooms were well beyond good. We landed one of the two bedroom suites and the three of us were beyond satisfied. Pool area was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was far better than the one at the other Homewood we'd stayed at earlier in our trip. Only complaint was the lack of an ice machine but that wouldn't have been an issue if we'd turned on the ice maker in our room.

• Trip type: Travelled with family