“Excellent Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Norfolk, Va
“Excellent Stay!”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We went home to Hagerstown to visit my family for New Years and decided to book a room at the Ramada. We looked at a few different places but this one seemed to fit what we needed as we were traveling with my 2 children. I knew of the hotels reputation not only from TripAdvisor but because I grew up in Hagerstown. The staff was very nice from the moment we checked in on Friday night...mind you this was New Years weekend so they were very busy with functions going on. The room was very clean and had everything we needed for the weekend, you could tell they take pride in the hotel. Since we were staying three nights we opted to only have housekeeping refresh our towels, take out the trash and refresh the toiletries. We were still in the room when she came to do so and she was very polite, quiet and speedy so as to not disturb us while our family was visiting for a few. The free continental breakfast was delightful...my son LOVED the waffles! We left a comment card when we checked out and I received an email response from the manager which was very much appreciated. We will definitely stay here again in the future and have reccomended the hotel to a few friends and family. Job well done!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nfarrown
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel and staff! You are correct! We take great pride in our hotel. And thank you for recognizing the special effort our staff makes to ensure every guest has the best stay possible. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future, and thank you for telling your family and friends about us! Don't hesitate to contact me anytime that I can be of help to you. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x 122.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The price was very low considering the quality of the the accommodations, which was excellent. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. The complimentary continental breakfast was standard fare for such a hotel, done very well. Although the location is very convenient to the interstate, the room was very quiet. Our experience with the restaurant at dinner time was less satisfactory because of a long wait for food delivery. The five star rating given is for the accommodations, not the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and staff. We hope you will come back again and stay with us in the very near future! Please let me know if I can ever be of help with future reservations. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 December 2011

From check in to check out the staff was welcoming and very accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable and the rate was great. I ate dinner at the restaurant and enjoyed the service and food. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are a nonsmoker stay far away from the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope you will come back and stay with us in the very near future. If I may be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me anytime at 301-797-2500 x122.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I gave this review a 5 because it's a 4 star hotel at a 3 star price which is my definition of value. We just needed a place to crash while on the road for Thanksgiving and this did the trick. The manager on duty was very helpful and even dropped the rate a little when I told him I was an airline employee. The complimentary breakfast was completely self-serve and included the typical fruit, waffles and biscuits and gravy. There is plenty of shopping within one mile of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future should you be back through the Hagerstown area. Please let me know if I may be of assistance, I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122. And best wishes for a happy Holiday Season to you and your family.

New York NY
Reviewed 25 November 2011

This hotel is very conveniently located at the Halfway Blvd interchange on I-81 (immediately north of I-70).

It is definitely an older build property but it has been very nicely renovated. The hotel offers a complimentary continental breakfast (fairly standard / nothing special / perfectly adequate) and excellent wireless internet.

The front desk staff is very professional and very pleasant. The rooms are nicely renovated however you can tell it is an older hotel with some dated items such as old bathroom doors. On the other hand, Flat panel TVs and new carpeting is nice.

What would make this five star? Maybe upgrade the bed linens and replace the bathroom doors. It is difficult to complain about a free continental breakfast but I've seen complimentary continental breakfasts done better so... Still giving it four stars.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MoreFFmiles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel and staff. We greatly appreciate your feedback and feel it is very helpful to aid us in providing the best experience and service for our guests. We hope you will be back sometime in the future to stay with us again. Let me know if I can be of any assitance to you with making reservations. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122. And best wishes for a happy Holiday Season to you and your family!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The Ramada Plaza is about 20 years old and was formerly known simply as The Plaza. It is kept in very good shape and not as fancy as some of the newer properties in Hagerstown. On a per dollar basis though it is the best buy. I would give it 2.5 stars. The staff are friendly and professional, the rooms are clean and it is all non smoking. Breakfast is a buffet and is average; with an excellent fruit selection. We would return.

Room Tip: all rooms are away from I-81; not so at the Marriot and Holikday Inn properties
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! Your comments about our hotel and staff are very much appreciated. We hope to have you return as a guest in the near future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist, I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I have been traveling to this hotel for more than 15 years. It always provided a good time at a good value.
My friends and I always stay at full service. We like the pool, sauna, and jacuzzi. As well as the attached restaurant and bar. Also when we make reservations we always ask if all the amenities are fully functional. I was told that they were. I had forgotten that the jacuzzi was sealed up. But the person I asked on the phone said it was working. When we arrived, I again asked if everything was working. I was told now that the jacuzzi was sealed but everything else was working. When we went to the pool we found out that the sauna was out of service. I went to ask the receptionist why she said it was functional? She said "no one told me and what do you want me to do about it?" She was quite rude.
The next day I told the manger about this and she seemed very distracted and only said I'm so sorry!
I said I am sorry too. You just lost a long time customer. She said I'm sorry and went about her business.
We are going to search another hotel in the area to fill our needs since they have no interest in doing so.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I am saddened, horrified and truly sorry to hear about your experience staying with us on your last trip through Hagerstown. I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to speak with me in detail about the problems you encountered. We strive to provide the best experience for our guests and it is very unfortunate that we did not accomplish this on your fifteen stay with us. I hope you have received the letter from our Manager by now along with receipts for reimbursing your stay. She is very sorry that at the time you caught her she was rushing to pick up a guest and shuttle them to their work. She truly wishes that she could have sat down and talked with you about the problems at that very moment. Unfortunately in our business we have to wear several hats somtimes. And at that moment she was wearing the shuttle driver hat.

I hope you will take me up on my offer to give us one more chance to provide you with the service you are accustomed to and deserve. I have our Plaza Suite and two Mini- Suites waiting for your return with your friends. They will all be on the house! It is the very least we can do.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns. It helps us tremendously to make sure we don't make mistakes like that in the future.

Regards,