“Clean hotel, friendly staff”

Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Oakville, Canada
“Clean hotel, friendly staff”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Check-in was quick and welcoming. My son and I were given a quick rundown on the antics of Bob the bird who lives in the lobby. Of course, every time we went through the lobby we had to stop by Bob's cage for a quick visit.

Our room was clean and spacious. My son enjoyed the pool.

The breakfast was average.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Glenncca
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! The entire staff (including Bob the bird) look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your son again in the future. Please let me know if I may be of assistance to you in your travels. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ohio
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here twice in the past 3 months and come here frequently when we come in to visit family. This is a very clean hotel that has all the amenities you need. The indoor pool area is very nice and well kept. Water was warm. We ate twice at the restaurant for dinner and the food was very good. Free morning breakfast with plenty of hot foods. Food prices were not bad at all for a hotel. Only down side was the local liquor laws. Bar closes at 10pm most nights. Our room was updated and clean. Bathroom was spotless with marbel top sink. We had a fridge in our room and flat screen TV. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kat29rn2cu
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you are in the Hagerstown area visiting with family! Your feedback on our hotel is so very much appreciated. We are very proud of our facility and glad you have found a "home away from home" for your frequent visits here. Please let me know if I may of assistance to you in your travels. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

New Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our way back from Florida. We knew it was a great place from past experience so we were actually looking forward to our stay after a long drive. The hotel is older but maintained very well. One of the things we like is that we can get a good nights sleep in the quiet accomodations, have a drink in the cozy lounge and have a nice dinner in the well appointed restaurant without even leaving the premises. Plan to stay at this hotel next time you are in Hagerstown. You will not be disappointed and if you eat at their restaurant, order the prime rib (the best my husband and I have had in a long time). We met the new chef and were quite impressed with him and his culinary skills. We give the place 5 starts!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara60913
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel and restaurant! It is a pleasure having you as our guest when you are passing through Hagerstown. We very much look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance to you in your travels. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Norfolk, Va
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We went home to Hagerstown to visit my family for New Years and decided to book a room at the Ramada. We looked at a few different places but this one seemed to fit what we needed as we were traveling with my 2 children. I knew of the hotels reputation not only from TripAdvisor but because I grew up in Hagerstown. The staff was very nice from the moment we checked in on Friday night...mind you this was New Years weekend so they were very busy with functions going on. The room was very clean and had everything we needed for the weekend, you could tell they take pride in the hotel. Since we were staying three nights we opted to only have housekeeping refresh our towels, take out the trash and refresh the toiletries. We were still in the room when she came to do so and she was very polite, quiet and speedy so as to not disturb us while our family was visiting for a few. The free continental breakfast was delightful...my son LOVED the waffles! We left a comment card when we checked out and I received an email response from the manager which was very much appreciated. We will definitely stay here again in the future and have reccomended the hotel to a few friends and family. Job well done!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nfarrown
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel and staff! You are correct! We take great pride in our hotel. And thank you for recognizing the special effort our staff makes to ensure every guest has the best stay possible. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future, and thank you for telling your family and friends about us! Don't hesitate to contact me anytime that I can be of help to you. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x 122.

Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The price was very low considering the quality of the the accommodations, which was excellent. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. The complimentary continental breakfast was standard fare for such a hotel, done very well. Although the location is very convenient to the interstate, the room was very quiet. Our experience with the restaurant at dinner time was less satisfactory because of a long wait for food delivery. The five star rating given is for the accommodations, not the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and staff. We hope you will come back again and stay with us in the very near future! Please let me know if I can ever be of help with future reservations. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 December 2011

From check in to check out the staff was welcoming and very accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable and the rate was great. I ate dinner at the restaurant and enjoyed the service and food. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are a nonsmoker stay far away from the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope you will come back and stay with us in the very near future. If I may be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me anytime at 301-797-2500 x122.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I gave this review a 5 because it's a 4 star hotel at a 3 star price which is my definition of value. We just needed a place to crash while on the road for Thanksgiving and this did the trick. The manager on duty was very helpful and even dropped the rate a little when I told him I was an airline employee. The complimentary breakfast was completely self-serve and included the typical fruit, waffles and biscuits and gravy. There is plenty of shopping within one mile of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future should you be back through the Hagerstown area. Please let me know if I may be of assistance, I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122. And best wishes for a happy Holiday Season to you and your family.