“First time trying Korean Fried Chicken”
Review of Bonchon

Bonchon
Ranked #43 of 123 Restaurants in Hanover
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

My family ate here on a Saturday night. I had never heard of this chain and decided to give them a try. This was my first time trying Korean Fried Chicken. There was plenty of meat on the wings. I will warn everyone the spicy sauce is pretty spicy so get soy and garlic if you have a sensitive stomach.

For a side dish, the Parmesan fries are delicious. I also like the radishes that come with the wings to break up the heat. There was so much food that my family got two additional meals with the leftovers.

The reason for not giving it five circles is the prices are a bit much and it can get noisy inside the restaurant due to the small space. Management should also lower the volume of the music played as it was a bit loud.

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Put the restaurant in the "fast casual" category of restaurants where use of the deep fryer is common in order to push out food quickly.

Since I wanted a quick late lunch to tide me over until dinner, I only ordered the shrimp shumai and pot stickers. The lunch menu offered both for a dollar less than the regular menu. I was surprised to see them both arrive deep fried. The shumai was pretty tasteless with some mustardy drizzle. The pot stickers were ordered half-n-half with both spicy and salty sauce drizzled on top and we're pretty tasty. The spicy sauce packed a serious kick. Plate presentation was nice. Service was faster, faster than expected probably due to use of the deep fryer.

Other diners had a good looking bibimbap and the fried rice or noodle dishes, all of which looked like ample portions.

Probably won't return unless I decide to try the bibimbap.

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

This was my first time eating at Bonchon. It is a modern looking Korean (chain) restaurant. The service is good for a chain restaurant. The Bulgogi I ordered was tasty.

What I did not expect was to eat chicken strips and be completely blown away. We ordered a small (10 piece) of the soy & garlic. The chicken was so tender. The breading was light, crispy, and packed full of flavor. Each bite was better than the last.

I would go back there, every time, just for their chicken!

Reviewed December 14, 2017

I have been wanting to try this restaurant for a while, and I was NOT disappointed. Our waiter was extremely helpful and kind. He suggested the deep fried dumplings. OMG I could make a whole meal out of just those. So crunchy! The spicy sauce, was DEFINITELY spicy. Tread carefully if you are sensitive.
Korean Tacos were weird but good. I've never had that flavor combo before.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

everything is 10 dollars and up-I took out 3 adults and 4 children -was one hundred dollars-Food good but not worth the trip

Been to Bonchon? Share your experiences!