“Friendly service, but otherwise no good”
Review of Bonchon

Bonchon
Ranked #43 of 123 Restaurants in Hanover
Reviewed June 26, 2018

I stopped in and ordered fried rice to go. It was a Monday afternoon and they weren't busy. I waited 20 minutes just for fried rice. That seemed a bit excessive to me. For $11 I was expecting a healthy sized portion of fried rice and I was unpleasantly surprised. Finally, I didn't care for it. Taste is obviously subjective and while I am a fan of fried rice that I have gotten at Chinese restaurants, perhaps the Korean version is different and just not for me.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

This place was good. I gave it three stars just because I didn't think it was spectacular. I have been twice. The first time I got the bull dak. The second time I got the wings. The wings are definitely the way to go. They are big and they are good! They rival Hooters wings.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

The first time I had Korean fried chicken was in Korea. The food at this location was good. However, not as good as the Bonchon in Rockville Maryland. I have eaten at one other Bonchon located in Virginia. The taste, and presentation at the Rockville location is the best.

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

My family ate here on a Saturday night. I had never heard of this chain and decided to give them a try. This was my first time trying Korean Fried Chicken. There was plenty of meat on the wings. I will warn everyone the spicy sauce is pretty spicy so get soy and garlic if you have a sensitive stomach.

For a side dish, the Parmesan fries are delicious. I also like the radishes that come with the wings to break up the heat. There was so much food that my family got two additional meals with the leftovers.

The reason for not giving it five circles is the prices are a bit much and it can get noisy inside the restaurant due to the small space. Management should also lower the volume of the music played as it was a bit loud.

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Put the restaurant in the "fast casual" category of restaurants where use of the deep fryer is common in order to push out food quickly.

Since I wanted a quick late lunch to tide me over until dinner, I only ordered the shrimp shumai and pot stickers. The lunch menu offered both for a dollar less than the regular menu. I was surprised to see them both arrive deep fried. The shumai was pretty tasteless with some mustardy drizzle. The pot stickers were ordered half-n-half with both spicy and salty sauce drizzled on top and we're pretty tasty. The spicy sauce packed a serious kick. Plate presentation was nice. Service was faster, faster than expected probably due to use of the deep fryer.

Other diners had a good looking bibimbap and the fried rice or noodle dishes, all of which looked like ample portions.

Probably won't return unless I decide to try the bibimbap.

Been to Bonchon? Share your experiences!