“Very nice”
Review of Vandiver Inn

Vandiver Inn
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We were here for a wedding. The wedding and party were at the Vandiver Inn. It was all done very nicely. I wish they would gave left the food out longer but other than that it was very enjoyable

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 10 November 2011

The department has recently returned from the Vandiver Inn, where we go for a retreat and discussion of curriculum each year. The inn's staff have always welcomed us warmly and kept the coffee flowing and the pastry and fruit platters full. Our rooms were cozy and large; we left feeling as if we had been celebrated by our host. A delightful inn in Victorian style.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

We have had our dept. retreat at the inn for years and they have been accommodating above and beyond time and time again. Any logistical help we've needed, they've provided. Wonderful food, snacks and coffee to keep our meetings going--and the location is perfect for exploring the town or going for a walk at the water's edge.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have stayed at this inn four times over four years. Every year I am pleased with the hospitality, delighted by the excellent breakfast, and soothed by its comfort and peacefulness. They recently redecorated many of the rooms, and they are even better than they were in the past. The rooms have always been very clean, beds comfortable, and the bathrooms have all the modern amenities you would expect. I'm not a fan of bed and breakfasts, but I actually love staying at this one!

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My wife and I got married at the Vandiver Inn in 2009 and rented all the rooms for a family event weekend and it was truely a coming together of two families as one. Since then we are sure to book a room on our anniversary weekend and the hospitality is as strong and warm as if we were getting married all over again. Chassy is always greeting with a smile, hugs and warm memories of our night as if it were her own wedding, John greets us each year with a warm smile and an invitation to dinner. and Sue comes back from her kitchen to say hello again and congratulate us on another year. I seriously cannot say enough about this grand Bed And Breakfast, and even when they have three weddings in a weekend, they find a comfortable and unrushed moment to talk with us and show us pictures of our own wedding years ago. Thank-you so much John, Sue, Chassy and Staff for always making our visit as speacial as it was our first night. You truely are the Standard for Comfort and Hospitality that all B&B's should aim to be. Keep up the good and undoubtedly hard work.

Steve and Jackie
Parkville, MD
(Married: 10/10/09)

Room Tip: Some of the coolest rooms are in the Main House but do not be turned away by their unavailability, f...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We had our wedding and reception at the Vandiver last weekend. The owners and wedding coordinator were more than accomodating. The wedding was wonderful and all of our overnight guests were treated like royalty. The wedding coordinator, Chasi, who works for the Vandiver was friendly, organized, and made our special day one to remember. The food and service were fantastic. Several of our guests had requested special menus and the staff met all of their needs. Each room had its own character and all of our out of town guests enjoyed their stay, as well as the breakfast the next morning. Overall, my wife and I could not have been happier with our wedding at the Vandiver Inn. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is planning a wedding or looking for a romantic weekend. Thank you to the owners and staff of the Vandiver for making our wedding the best ever!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We hosted my daughter's wedding and reception at the Vandiver Inn and everything about the event was outstanding. Host John provided superb facilities, staff, and service that took care of all our needs. The food was wonderful and praised by all the guests (including some very picky eaters!) I must single out Chassi the wedding planner for praise. She coordinated the whole event with unflappable poise, a smile, and an immediate solution for every potential snag. My daughter and her husband felt completely at ease in her capable hands. In addition to the event, the wedding party stayed overnight and all thoroughly enjoyed the charm, furnishings and comfort of the different rooms—as well as breakfast the next day. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves so much that we plan to return there for a weekend break, even without the excuse of a wedding.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
#5 of 16 in Aberdeen
9.5 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen
15.6 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Vandiver Inn? Share your experiences!