“Great hotel. Convenient and wonderful service!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great hotel. Convenient and wonderful service!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Wish my overnight stay had lasted longer!

Pros:
Clean and quiet suite with a fridge.
Comfortable, clean-smelling bed.
Power shower.
Free breakfast with an omelet station nestled in among ponds and waterfalls.
Friendly and efficient check-in
Helpful staff in the catering department.
Good value for the area.

Cons:
Couldn't get the air unit to cool the room below 72 degrees, so it was a little warm for sleeping.
Wifi usually costs $$, but if you ask nicely for the access code, they usually give it out.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cassyt
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay! We do offer complimentary wireless internet access in the restaurant and lounge. In addition, we offer complimentary internet in the business center. We look forward to having you with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
usa
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Having a student at Towson University, we would make trips to the area about 2 or three times a year. The first few times we stayed in some pretty seedy hotels in Towson. We found this hotel about 10 minutes north on I 83 a few years ago and have been coming back ever since. Great rooms, quiet, comfortable bed, evening reception and great breakfast. The staff are very attentive as well. Haven't used the pool much, but it was very nice. The fitness center also is a plus. One of the big surprises was the hunt valley grill. Very good food, no wait on a friday night and we rolled in there after a few (free) drinks at the evening reception. Although my student just graduated (and has a job!!!), if we are ever in the Baltimore area, we will stay here. The light rail from the shopping mall accross the street goes right to the Baltimore convention center (and the airport)

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room away from the interstate and the road.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank travelbubUsa
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel! We really appreciate you choosing our hotel for your visits to Towson University. We hope to see you again soon!
West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Very good stay this past Wednesday at this location.

Check in was fast and efficient with "T" doing a very good job of explaining the pertinent amenities and sending us on our way with everything we needed to know.

The room itself was nice enough with the only two issues being that whomever decided to put the microwave under the sink right by the drain pipe is an idiot also the sofa bed was rock hard and truly might have been used by Adam and Eve on their first overnight trip outside of Eden.

Breakfast the next day was A+. (A nice tip would be to get up earlier because at 7am there was no one eating but by 9am the whole area was mobbed and people were waiting nine or ten deep for the one poor cook to make omelets and waffles.)

The pool, although we didn't use it, is super small and looks like after about five people there would be space issues but the area was clean but we never noticed anyone using it.

Overall this Embassy is nice place to stop with it's easy access to 83, the light rail and the shopping mall all right there and more than likely we'll be back.

(Minus one star for the rock hard sofa bed mattress.)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lefty33
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 1 January 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I prior wrote a review complaining about how this hotel was in sore need of major updates to the guest rooms.

I stayed at this hotel again in Dec (it is the only hotel near my client) and was very pleased to find my room was recently upgraded to new bed, new furniture, new TVs, updated bath room, and improved HVAC controls.

If you can get the front desk to guarantee you a room that has been renovated, it is worth to give this ES a chance.

The hotel management does need to be fully transparent on WHEN all of the rooms will finish being updated.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian-IFlyAlot
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We completed a renovation on the rooms in April 2010 so all of the rooms were updated. We look forward to having you with us in the future!
Maryland
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights during a plumbing crisis at our nearby home. It was a great value for the money - breakfast was included, as was the evening cocktail reception. I enjoyed the fitness center and indoor pool and spa each evening after work and it was an easy drive over to the Hunt Valley Towne Center for dinner. The room was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. My only minor complaint was the temperature in the room - it was hard to get it to a comfortable temperature (I don't think the thermostat was accurate) but it was fine once I was able to get it adjusted properly. My husband was a little disappointed that breakast didn't start until 6:00 since he had to leave for work earlier than that but he really enjoyed the snacks and drinks at the evening cocktail reception. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, we had a great experience here and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in the Greater Baltimore area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarylandRoadtripper
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back with us in the future.
Conn.
Reviewed 7 November 2011

OK this is an Embassy Suites and plays to the all-inclusive crowd. Free breakfast, free cocktails, but at the end of the day, I would like a good night's sleep as well.

Overall, the breakfast area and selections are very good. Me? the low-fat granola and bananas were great, and lots of coffee.Muffins and bagels looked like they should be better and the restaurant has scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes plus the omelette bar. Breakfast is a great deal.Lunch on the other hand was horrible. Hamburger and fries were pretty close to inedible. Please avoid these selections.

Rooms were very comfortable, beds were fine and pillows were fine. Bathroom is VERY small. Three towel sets. Major detraction was the water pressure. It was OK but on the 7th floor I wished it were a harder flow.

Decorations are like most ES hotels, a little nicer than Salvation Army Modern. Just one of those things you sign up for at this chain. As Earl Scheib staes, no ups, no extras. Another item at this location is that the curtains do not close all the way, so people walking past your room can see you both on the couch and at the desk. I found this a little invasive.

Now the HVAC. It was 74 in my room when I arrived and I set my thermostat to 70 to cool off. Two days later the thermostat still read 73. Likewise the conference rooms were either freezing or boiling. It was 40 degrees outside and te front desk was wearing jackets. Enough said.

So if they can fix the HVAC, this would be an OK choice in the area. You get a lot for your money.

Room Tip: They are all the same
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jfood
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Thank you for your response. We will be sure to address the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us. We hope to see you with us again in the future.
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The only reason I'm even giving this hotel a 3 is simply because of the wedding department and the wedding staff that took care of the Roland/Daniels wedding. They were great! Unfortunately I can't say the same for the front desk staff. They were very snobby, for no reason. I have stayed in several 5 star hotels in several cities and have never come across a staff that won't even look in your direction when they talk to you. Every time I even asked a question it was like I was bothering them and it wasn't there job to help me. On one occasion I had a big cart of wedding items. We were told that we should just take them to the front desk and the wedding department would get them. The front desk abruptly advised me to wheel them around to the banquet room which was down a cobble stone path. They never offered to help. The only reason that I even got help because I had to come back and advised them that there was no way I could do this by myself. So horrible! On another occasion, the mother of the bride was harassed by one of the managers at breakfast. He kept asking her the room number that she was in. The staff advised him that she had been there for three days for a wedding and he still harassed her. I will never stay at this hotel again. Not worth my time. But I had to write this review.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nique536
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback and will certainly address your concerns with our staff. We hope you will try us out again in the future so we can restore your confidence in our staff service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
4.9 km away
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!