“Really delicious food, low prices”

La Fondita Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 166 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Reviewed January 3, 2017

La Fondita is in a neighborhood in what looks like a converted bungalow. It seats maybe 10-12, all communal style seating. It feels like eating at someone's house- very cozy and slow paced. I had the Huevoes a la mexicana - which is a huge portion of very well seasoned black beans, avocado, cheese, and eggs scrambled with tomato and onion with a side of house made tortillas. the tortillas were really the stand out- so flavorful and well made. the meal came with a side of pickled carrots and jalapenos, a green sauce, red sauce and limes to dress up your tacos any way you want. these sauces were phenomenal, and the picked vegetables were the perfect addition to the eggs.

Reviewed October 31, 2015

I grew up in Southern California, my husband in New Mexico then we lived in Texas--this is good, no frills Mexican food. All the sauces are good I really like the mole), the breakfasts are great. Friendly staff.

Reviewed October 3, 2015

This is a mom and pop operation its located in small house off Decatur St. I ordered
a few tacos. I order three tacos chorizo, lamb and chicken. The tacos are just the protein, onions, and cilantro. Each taco is $2.50 all were very tasty. I also order dessert a flan which was $4.50. The flan was just okay. I plan to return and try more dishes in the future.