New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Glen Rose, Texas
“Happy & Courtesy Desk Agents - Best in the Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Jessup MD and I was excited to see such Happy & Courtesy Desk Agents! As a frequent traveler it is not often you see such friendly staff and a manager who is so hands on with guest greeting and welcoming them! The Customer Services I experienced here was a breath of fresh air! They lady at the desk had the best customer service skills I've experienced in a long -time she was quick and efficient... The room was VERY clean and the housekeepers was great I will definitely return to this establishment and recommend to my colleagues for an affordable stays.

Room Tip: Call Hotel Directly
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

My wife calls me a hotel snob, which I tend to agree with. I wanted to save some money on a business trip and have not been happy with other hotels in the Columbia MD area that are at least twice the price.
This hotel was nice, clean, comfortable, quiet and safe. Staff couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

My friends and I had a really great stay. The service was friendly and the price was really reasonable. It was great to relax in a clean and comfortable room! Thanks!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Thank you for your response! I am so happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed their visit - we certainly enjoyed having you stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights on a business trip. Their rate was very affordable and for what it wa worth, I was very satisfied with the quality of the hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I had no trouble with hot water or the heater. What I liked most about my stay was the General Manager and the rest of the front desk staff there. They were all very pleasant with warm smiles, overall very hospitable. I didn't know my way around but when I went to talk to the GM about where to visit/eat during my downtime, he was very knowledgeable. I've been to multiple hotels in the Baltimore area but am kind of jaded because most people don't seem very personable and instead, all business. However, for this hotel in particular, I will remember it for their personable staff.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent visit to the Columbia-Jessup area. On behalf of the entire staff, we appreciate your business and comments! Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.
Jamestown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

after a quick check inn, got settled into my room, ready to order some delivery from a menu the front desk staff had given me when the room phone rang.,it was the front desk making sure everything was satisfactory and my room was comfortable. checked out in the AM and ended up checking back in that evening...same call from the front desk. I've stayed in hotels costing two, three and four times what I paid at the red roof..... and no call to my room. Nice touch

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 13 December 2010
Thank you for your kind review. I will share your comments with our staff. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority at Red Roof Inn. We hope to see you again soon!
Lake Mary, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

Avoid this hotel at all costs. The electronic lock malfuntioned and the staff was unable and unequipped to repair it. I had stepped out to get a cup of coffee in the lobby and my purse, medication and car keys were locked in the room for 2 and a half hours while the staff fumbled around. The front desk associate tried to get us out of the way by putting us in another unoccupied room while we waited. After realizing she simply did not want us in the lobby to put pressure on her, we returned to the lobby. The front desk associate called the manager a number of times and he did not come to the hotel to fix the problem until I insisted on getting on the phone with him and telling him how irritated I was that this was unresolved. I was visiting my daughter in the Navy and only had 2 days to spend with her. I would not reccomend this hotel because they do not care about their guests. I also called the corporate office and they promised to get back to me in 2 days and failed to do so. A BIF THUMBS DOWN. WISH I WOULD HAVE STAYED SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

Red Roof Inn is a very nice, clean and affordable motel. The staff are Very helpful and nice. I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
Thank you very much for your comments! We will be sure to share them with our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
0.3 km away
4.5 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
0.7 km away
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!