“My Favorite "local" Restaurant/Chinese”
Review of Banana Leaf

Banana Leaf
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in LaVale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2017

So, the Banana Leaf is where I go for my birthday & any other event that I can get my family to go to! The food is excellent - fresh - perfect temperature. They have Chinese & Thai dishes. I usually go for lunch for the Thai specials - LOVE all of their curries but Massaman is my favorite. I just have them substitute tofu for the meat & they do that with no problem. For Chinese, my favorite is General Tso's Bean Curd/Tofu. Highly recommend this quaint spot in LaVale!

Reviewed October 18, 2016

We tried two different types of curry (green vegetarian, and shrimp-pineapple) and both were great. The veggies are cooked to perfection! This must have been and interesting regional variation, as the curry was not as sweet as I know it. It was delicious nevertheless. The service was friendly and we loved the family-oriented atmosphere of the restaurant.

Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for a late lunch yesterday and ordered the green curry after seeing all of the posts about it. It was very good and I did order the jasmine tea too. Portions are quite large so you will get full. Staff was pleasant and very clean inside. Outside is misleading so don't let that deter you!

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

This is not my first trip here, and today I'm just grabbing a few things on my way to work, but I must say this place is always a favorite. For someone who cannot regularly enjoy Chinese type food because of the buffet atmosphere and the additives as a result, this place has wonderfully fresh food that doesn't make me ill immediately afterwards. The best spring rolls around, and the only place around here, that I know of, that has General Tso's Shrimp. Shrimp, people!! You cannot outdo that.
Also, this is a great place for vegans, vegetarians and anyone who may have specific diets to adhere to. If you're looking to stick to a diet while out, they will accommodate you every time.
This place has been through many owners and many changes, so when you hear someone complaining about this place, it's safe to say it was probably a previous owner experience.
This is the best kept secret in LaVale!!

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

We were in the area and just wanted some food. Banana Leaf fed us and it was a decent price. We both got the dinner special on the back of the menu.

Been to Banana Leaf? Share your experiences!