All reviewsclub levelfront deskbaltimore washington airportthe general managercrab cakesshuttle servicelittle thingschecking inbed was very comfortableupon checkinner harboran early flightfree shuttleloungeanthonykeysfly
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Expectations were low and I was really surprised & happy with this airport hotel.

It is a few blocks off the main road, thankfully GPS found it. Parking is one negative. Very full lot, had to park way in back and trek back to lobby up a hill.

Check in was literally 45 seconds. I got up to my room and found a very nicely appointed room. Big desk/work area, nice furniture, big king bed and storage unit.

Bathroom was nice, not over the top new, but clean and efficiently laid out. Bed was very comfortable and sheets were top quality.

There was a hotel shuttle to airport, but I had a rental car return. The GPS takes you on a winding back road to BWI car rental, which is a cool bonus. But once you are close, follow the signs and not GPS. I ended up in a maintenance area for the rental facility, one worker said it is very common.

Also very quiet hotel. I didn't hear a single plane! Not in any flight path. Not much hallway noise either. There is a lobby bar and resturant but was in-out quick.

So, if you need a hotel at BWI, go for this one.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank bbcaraher
Reviewed August 13, 2017

My family and I stayed there for 3 nights while we were looking for colleges. The rooms were spacious, clean but dated. Friendly staff and very good service. Unfortunately, one of the elevators wasn't working properly, it wasn't going up to the club level. Other than that it was a pleasant stay. The evening reception desk manager was an amazing person, with great personality. Kudos.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2017

We stayed here one night. The room was very nice and the bed and pillows were so comfortable. Bathroom was big and everything was very clean. If you are looking for a clean and comfortable hotel this would be a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2017

We stayed here one night before our early morning flight out of BWI. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. I actually booked the wrong arrival date and luckily they still had room for us. They ended up putting us on the club level because that was all there was left or because I am a Starwood member. They never said. The room was very nice and the bed and pillows were so comfortable. Bathroom was big and everything was very clean. The shuttle was prompt and on time to and from the airport. What I didn't like (my biggest pet peeve) is why there are no fans in the bathroom? when you take a shower and get out everything is steamy and you can't see. Also, the AC in this hotel is under a desk and you cannot control it. You can't turn it off or on or control the thermostat. I woke up at 2:30 sweating and there was nothing I could do. Very frustrating. I didn't want to call maintenance and have them come up and wake up my boyfriend. Because we were on club level we had access to their little cafeteria, however the coffee machine was not working in there and nothing was put out when we left (5:45 AM). Not sure when they actually start their service. People weren't overly friendly, but not rude either. We do the Park, Sleep, Fly every year and not sure if we would go back to this hotel as their are many options to choose from. But, if you are looking for a clean and comfortable hotel this would be a good choice.

Stayed: July 2017
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear muggsymoo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. I apologize that we did not "WOW" you with our hotel. We try our best to please every guest and it seems as though we did not deliver during your stay. Please call our General Manager, Jayquin Bella, so we can make this right for you and our future guests.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here because it was very close to the airport, which was convenient. It's also close to several different types of restaurants.
As far as the room, the walls seemed paper thin (more so than any of the other hotels we stayed in the previous 8 nights). I could literally hear parts of the conversation that the ladies I the next room were having.
The doors close very loudly and the one next to us must have been sticking because there was always an additional bang or thud every time they used it.

There was an incident with some guests on our floor at 3 something in the morning in which we heard them talking with "outside voices" as they loaded up bags and repeatedly allowed the door to bang closed. (I understand that this was not necessarily the hotel staffs fault but out sleep was very disrupted and they could have at least offered points for the inconvenience.)

The bed was very uncomfortable and definitely rolled downhill on one side.

There is no lock on the bathroom door plus the window on the bathroom door allows light in the rest of the room at night when others are sleeping.

I did like the amount of space in the room- I felt that there was plenty of room for 4 of us to move around.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear mnd76,

I apologize for the noise incident that occurred during your stay. Please call our General Manager, Jayquin Bella, to correct the issue and learn for our future guests.