All reviewsthe concierge loungechampions restaurantbwi airportfront desklobby barruns every minutesnice hotelan early flightnice stayup to dateking bedstayed one nightshuttle servicebaltimore areacrab cakesrental carfree shuttle
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Platinum guest. Great recognition. Taylor at the front desk is awesome. Took care of us like a pro. Well run property. Clean rooms. M lounge on the first floor. Free outdoor parking. Very close to the airport. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2018
TeamMarriott, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Dear Slatco,

Thank you for choosing the BWI Airport Marriott. We are glad you enjoyed each and every aspect of our hotel and had a great experience at our hotel. We will definitely share your compliments with Taylor for the work well done. Thanks for being a loyal Platinum Elite member, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Chose to stay here for 1 night whilst on business in Baltimore, the main reason being my flight arrived at BWI at 10.30.
Called the hotel for directions to shuttle stop and told it would be 8-10 minutes, I boarded the shuttle 55 minutes later after 3 more calls to the hotel and a load of lies from the night check in chap.
'Its on its way', 'it will be 8-10 minutes', 'I thought he had picked you up', were the excuses.....complete and utter tripe
Well..., the driver fessed up my friend...they had two Delta crews to pick up on the upper level so stuff the good old guest (I am Delta Diamond Elite by the way...).
So as you can see I arrived un-happy... a cab would have done..
Room was okay, bed was very good, bathroom dated.
Breakfast okay.
So I come to take the shuttle back to the airport (with 2 x Delta pilots), scheduled at 12.00 noon. They seemed to loose the driver, we left at 12.15.
Next time I will use one of the other hotels, the Hilton van came past twice while I was waiting, so did the Hampton Inn, the Westin Van did 2 x laps and I saw the Comfort Inn van at least once. Holiday Inn are over the street.

So for all weary travellers who have better things to do than wait for shuttles try another hotel, there are lots to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Dear Honeycomber,

Thank you for being a Delta Diamond Elite member and providing your valuable feedback. Please accept our apologies for the miscommunication with our front desk associate along with the shuttle problems that left you waiting at the airport. We're sorry that this started your stay with us on the wrong foot. We have contacted the service provider and shared your concerns to make sure that our guests are not inconvenienced by the shuttle pick-up services in the future. Thank you again for your patience, and hope you choose to stay with us again on a future visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Well, we decided to stay close to the airport the night before a 6:30 a.m. flight. The hotel is comfortable and they ended up putting us in a room designed for a person with needs. You can see from the pictures the room is very spacious...if you need a comfortable stay close to the airport, this hotel could be a good option for you.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear Wiley j,

It was our pleasure welcoming you to the BWI Airport Marriott. We are pleased to know how much you liked the space of our guest rooms and that your stay was comfortable. Our contemporary, well-appointed rooms offer a sophisticated and quiet retreat near Baltimore-Washington Airport. On behalf of all of us, we thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

I arrived on a Tuesday evening to stay 3 nights for a conference. When I checked in I was eligible to have access to the VIP lounge. The front desk associate provided me with a key to the lounge but did not tell me I had a lounge key or where the lounge was located. The front desk associate did not tell me the location of the ice machines. I mention this because there was no ice machine on the floor where my room was located. There was no literature in the room that provided this information. As I look back, perhaps this information was on the hotel TV channel, but I did not watch that entire informercial.

My room was nice, a King bed, night stands, a work desk, a large flat screen TV. Upon closer examination it appears that this hotel is rather old. There were not enough outlets to plug in the lamps next to the bed, so a power strip was placed between the bed and one of the night stands. Good for me as I needed an outlet near the bed to charge my phone, but I must wonder if the use of power strips in a hotel room is safe and best practices in the hospitality industry. There were also 3 outlet plates in the floor in front of the dresser. Why? See my pictures.

The bathroom was interesting. The closet is located inside the bathroom. This seems to be a good use of space but another indication that this building is old, and this is where the closet ended up after the room had been remodeled years ago. The commode was a low-profile model. Very low to the floor. When flushed, it slowly moved the matter in the typical cyclone direction then down the chute. Kind of made me nervous because of how slowly it functioned but thank goodness it functioned.

The bathtub was typical with a shower. The shower curtain was attached to an arched curtain rod. Very nice, except the commode is so close to the bathtub you have to put the shower curtain inside the tub, so your leg won’t brush against it when sitting on the commode.

The faucet in the bathtub leaked. And the water temperature was opposite of what the color code indicated. The hot side was cold and cold was hot side. This was a push pull Moen type faucet that has a cartridge. If the cartridge is installed upside down this temperature inversion is the result. These room issues are not really deal breakers, but this is not what I have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel nor is it how I expect to be accommodated when paying Marriott prices.

The deal breaker occurred on our second night. Upon returning to the hotel one evening with a colleague, he was informed by the Manager of Duty, Ms. Sonia Steffen, that a water pipe in his bathroom had burst and his room, along with two or three others were flooded and all parties had to be relocated to another room in the same hotel. Ms. Steffen was relatively pleasant during this encounter. I get it, this is a big deal especially since the hotel appeared to be almost booked to capacity.

My colleague spent the night in his relocated room. The room smelled musty (it was directly underneath the room that had flooded). The air conditioner did not work properly. He woke up several times throughout the night and tapped on the unit to get the fan began working again. When the hotel maintenance man arrived, removed the cover the AC unit and showed my colleague a power wire had frayed and when the fan operated the vibration caused the frayed wire to contact the metal cover and ground out. A shock hazard?

When cleaning the rooms do the Housekeepers notice things like leaky faucets and broken AC units? Why don't they report these issues to maintenance? At the very least this would be considered risk management. I know this is a lot to share but this is a MARRIOTT HOTEL!

My colleague located Ms. Steffen and politely explained these unpleasant experiences. Ms. Steffen became rude and unprofessional. Again, I say, this is a Marriott. In my experiences, Marriott was all about incredibly good customer service. Perhaps Ms. Steffen was having a bad day. Perhaps Ms. Steffen has made a poor career choice. We all have jobs and have to deal with customers of some sort. Sometimes you must take a deep breath and provide service with a smile even when you are not having a good day. My colleague met with Ms. Steffen’s supervisor and was provided some relief for his troubles.

This is a perfect example of how one person can taint an otherwise good, or at least tolerable experience. The other associates who helped us with our conference in the meeting rooms and with meals and libations at the bars and restaurants were personable and professional. These associates represented the Marriott brand to which I am accustomed. I am sorry Ms. Steffan is inhaling all of your oxygen.

Also, there were no comment cards in the room or visible at the front desk. I could have shared this information directly with management.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Smit-tee
TeamMarriott, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear Smit-tee,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. It sounds like we missed several opportunities and we are very disappointed, as you rightly were. This is not our standard, and not what our typical guest experiences. We apologize for the issues you and your colleague encountered and that we did not live up to our hotel’s name. We can assure you this information will be shared with our management team for their attention. Thanks again for your valued feedback and we hope you will reach out to us the next time you are in the area to give us a second chance.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

I stayed in this hotel after about a 24 hour flight. From the very start I was well taken care of.....the shuttle driver was pleasant and helpful with my many bags. Nina, checked me in and took my bags to my room so I could get something to drink and eat before the restaurant closed.....that was so thoughtful of her! The room was large and pleasant. The bed was soft and comfortable.....complete with soft pillows that I did not even have to request. In the morning another shuttle driver took me back to the airport so I could get my rental car. The hotel held my bags until I returned and helped put them in my car. All of the hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. They made the end of a very long trip so much easier. I thank them all.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
TeamMarriott, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear AMY21212,

Thank you for being our guest at the BWI Airport Marriott and for sharing your review. We are delighted to know we could provide you with a relaxing stay after your long journey. Our contemporary, well-appointed rooms offer a sophisticated and quiet retreat near Baltimore-Washington Airport. But, it is really the staff that makes our hotel stand out. They strive to go above and beyond to welcome and assist all of our guests. I will share your compliments with Nina, for a job well done. On behalf of everyone here, we invite you to stay with us again the next time you visit the area.