“wonderful gem - looks are deceiving”

El Sombrero Restaurant
Reviewed September 29, 2016

I've worked in the Linthicum area for almost 10 years and have never stopped in until today. Food was outstanding. I had the 3 tacos plate, carne, pollo and carnitas and couldn't be happier. The salsa is also better than any I've had. Will definitely eat here often.

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

We ate here when staying near airport. The food is excellent - and I have eaten at hundreds of Mexican restaurants including many good ones in Mexico. The salsa verde was amazing ne of the best I have had. Presentation of food was very good for a casual restaurant such as this. The tacos were great - tried several meats and where all good. Tortas where also very good. Chips are freshly fried and the thicker kind like you get in Mexico. This is a BYOB place so we couldn't get margaritas, but the fresh brewed sweet tea was excellent and served in a 32 oz glass. If you try this place, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

I placed a to-go order after a kind young man on the phone gave me his suggestions on what to order. I arrived ten minutes later to pick up my food and was surprised at the heft of the to go bag. Much to my delight, when I returned home the food was still piping hot, the "side" of guacamole was enormous(closer to half a pound) and the chimichanga was delicious and enough for two meals. I will most certainly be back for more.

Reviewed September 11, 2016

We have driven by El Sombrero several times and decided to try dinner. WOW! The food reminds me of a dish you'd receive at home. We ordered the enchiladas ( chicken and cheese ). While the meals are being prepared, our pleasant waiter brought homemade chips to the table. Our mistake was to eat all of them because they were soooo good. The meal portion size is better than generous. We couldn't finish our meal and had to take the rest home. What a delight. If you like Mexican, we highly recommend El Sombrero. We'll be back.

Reviewed August 6, 2016

We love El Sombrero...best Mexican food I've ever had! We have been in there several times and have enjoyed everything! Seafood Soup is outstanding as is their burrito bowls, anything with their roasted pork or their shrimp! We absolutely love their Chili Rellenos. It's all good! Tonight we ordered take out chicken wings...just thought we would try them on a whim...they were wonderful! Meaty, crispy, moist and not greasey at all. The best I've had in a long time and less expensive than any other place around! Who would have guessed? I did make my own blue cheese dressing though and also my own hot sauce but we liked their hot sauce better. The dressing they give you is a packaged one just for a heads up. Honestly, you cannot go wrong with El Sombrero.