“Great Getaway!!!”

Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
Reviewed 15 October 2014

The main reason for choosing this hotel was because of its proximity to FedEx Field. After the game on 10/6 (vs Seattle Seahawks). We were stranded at the Morgan Boulevard Metro Station and it was raining like crazy, so we called the front desk (after 1 a.m.) and Kieron Davis was EXTREMELY helpful. So much so, that he actually went outside in the inclement weather and flagged down a taxi and gave the guy our information. We got home within 25 mins after that.

Addtionally, Ms. Nora Larry (Front Office Manager), whom we spoke to (about what Kieron had done for us the night before), was just as pleasant, and a real joy to speak to. That lady knows how to handle/interact with the guests PERIOD!!! And lastly, we can't forget Delinah, who was so kind to help me out with my luggage which had a cheap lock on it that broke. She first cleared the patrons at the front desk then took a scissors and went all MacGyver on the key insert (which had sunk into the lock), popping it open in like 10 seconds. She was also very bubbly and nice to us throughout the entire stay, I just didnt know she had skills like that as well.

Overall, we had an amazing stay, particularly due to the incredible staff on board (shuttle drivers, hotel maids,wait staff at the in-house restaurant included) I have no idea what these other people are talking about, be it regarding the cleanliness of the rooms, the attitude of the staff or ability to get breakfast etc. Go back to your castles already. Everything was completely professional and fine!!! Metro Points Hotel is surely a gem!!!

1  Thank an0nym0us718
METROPOINTSHOTEL, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2014

Greetings an0nym0us718:
Thank you so much for your generous and kind review about our property. I am so happy to read that my front desk staff went above and beyond to make your stay more than comfortable, specially Nora, Delinah and Keiron. We are definitely very lucky to have them in our team.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to lodge during your trip from New York. We look forward for your return.

There are newer reviews for Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Reviewed 14 October 2014 via mobile

We drove 10 hours from ohio to Washington and we drove through the fog and unable us to connect the internet to book a hotel at Metro Points. Upon our arrival at the hotel at 12 midnight I was greeted by the name of Kieron Davis at front office and help us out. He was the most polite and helpful man. He was the highlight of our stay. The room and the bed was very comfortable. The carpet did not have a good smell though. Shuttle bus is provided to metro station every half an hour until 11am. After that every hour. Will surely comeback to this hotel

• Stayed: October 2014
2  Thank Oziland

Dear Oziland:
It brings me great satisfaction to read that you had a wonderful experience with us. I personally understand how dangerous the foggy conditions can be since I was also trapped in the same storm you were trapped last week, you made the right decision to stop and wait for the fog to go away. Your kind comments will be shared with Keiron so he can continue providing his great customer service to all our guests. We will be waiting for your prompt return in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

honestly I would have stayed at a days inn before i stayed a this hotel!!!! the room smells like a nursing home and the staff have no customer service and no empathy !!! then to top it off they charged my card twice for a incidental fee and did not return my money !!!!!!! by far the worst hotel i have ever stayed at please don't waste your time stay at a motel which smells better w better customer service !!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
METROPOINTSHOTEL, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Greetings Drea1988:
Thank you for sharing your comments with all of us. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was less than pleasant. It is never our intentions to make any of our valuable guests unhappy and upset, please provide me with your details at fernando@metropointshotel.com to make sure that the incidental deposit has been refunded. We release all deposit the same date of departure it is up to each bank how fast the transaction is made. Credit cards usually take 3-5 business days and debit cads from 5-9 days. Thank you for staying with us, I truly hope you give us another opportunity to make things right on your next visit. You may contact me directly if you have any questions at my email above or at 301-3226720

Reviewed 9 October 2014

Awesome stay!! Couldn't be happier with it. The room and the location of the hotel were PERFECT. We usually visit Washington once a year to attend a Redskins game and we will deff be staying @ this hotel again!!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and it was perfect

Dear Snellis:
Thank you very much for your honest review about our hotel and for being our loyal guest for so long. We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time as usual. Please contact me directly at fernando@metropointshotel.com on your next trip so I can upgrade you to one of our suites.
Best regards.

Reviewed 2 October 2014

Evening stuff was very nice, the only thing is that I did not like is that they charge your credit card again for $50.00 for possible damage, which after you see the room you will find this hilarious! I was told that it would be credited back within 3 days...really, cant you hold the card? My room was on the 10th floor, room 1012. Beware of all the rooms ending in 12! There is a huge vent that runs up through the hotel from the I-HOP... it sounds as if a helicopter is in your room. You will only have peace from it between 10pm - 6am! Not even joking! The room had stains all over the wallpaper & the carpet. The room is to be a non-smoking room, but the toilet seat had a black burn mark on the seat and on the lid. By the look of the door jam, it looked as if it was bust into a few times OR that they just have very poor handymen! Actually, I am leaning to poor handymen statement; the tile work, painting and any other maintenance jobs are executed terribly. I wanted to plug in my phone to charge it and stopped, the receptacle was black from grime. Ugh! I was going to check out, but the sheets on the bed looked clean, but wrinkled. The towels must be washed with the restaurants laundry because they smelled like grease!!!! Last note: check out all of your blow dryers, your going to electrocute someone…they need replaced! Note to mgt- I have lots of pictures if you would like to see them!

Room Tip: Stay away from any room ending in 12 (Example- 1012)
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Summer R
METROPOINTSHOTEL, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2014

Greetings Summer R:
Thank you so much for visiting Metro Points Hotel. It was our sincerest pleasure to welcome you as our guest and as always it was our goal to make your stay enjoyable as possible. It is very sad that we were unable to provide you with the positive, memorable experience. We never intend to cause any dissatisfaction and unhappiness for our guests, which is why I truly appreciate your comments, so we can make the proper corrections. We will be sharing all these issues with the proper departments to ensure that they are corrected immediately. At this stage I hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you what our service professionals in our hotel are capable of. Please be assure that as we strive to exceed our guests expectations with caring and personalized service, it will be one of our utmost aims to make you feel welcome and cared for, and to attend any special request or need you may have. Please let me know how I can regain your trust and provide you with a wonderful stay on your next trip. My direct line is 301-322-6720, email fernando@metropointshotel.com. Looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Nice hotel, friendly staff, beautiful location in an historic town setting. The bathroom was clean, the room was clean and I did not experience any noises or disturbance during my one night stay. I would definitely stay there again if I visit New Carrolton.

Room Tip: my room was about eight floors high, overlooking the street view and the atmosphere was serene and r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
METROPOINTSHOTEL, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Greetings LollyO50:
It was our sincerest pleasure to have you as a guest at Metro Points Hotel. Our friendly staff is always ready to provide great customer service to all our loyal guests. We are very happy that you enjoy everything from us, looking forward for your prompt return soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2014

My hotel room was nice and comfortable. The decor was nice; however, the linen looked rough dry with wrinkles.. The complementary breakfast was delightful and it was not just continental. I attended a wedding at the hotel and the sales and catering department did an excellent job.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Earl B
METROPOINTSHOTEL, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Dear Earl B:
Thank you for letting us know that you had a comfortable stay during your visit while attending the wedding. We also thank you for the compliments about our breakfast and sales team, we wil be sure to pass how you feel about them. If you are ever in the area we would love to welcoming you back again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Carrollton
Hotel Largo
#2 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
1.4 km away
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!