My husband and I stayed at the Metro Points Hotel this past weekend while in town for a wedding. The hotel was easy to find and check-in went smoothly. The lobby and check-in area are nice and welcoming. The rooms leave quite a bit to be desired, especially the bathrooms. A ventilation fan would go a long way with helping pull out the hot air and steam from the shower and keeping the room from smelling moldy. The shower and tub were outdated and desperately needed some new caulk. The beds thankfully were comfortable to sleep on and housekeeping did a nice job of fixing up our room while we were out for our second night stay. There is also a shuttle that goes from the hotel to the New Carrollton station to catch the Metro to go into D.C., which is a nice feature. Finally, we also enjoyed the breakfast and coffee provided. If you are looking for a fair room at a fair price, then this is the place for you. If the rooms were spruced up, particularly the bathrooms, this could really be a top notch hotel. Otherwise, I'd say it is pretty average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North, is the ideal full service hotel for individuals or groups looking to visit the Washington, DC Metro area…without having to pay the high rates of Washington, DC. New boutique style public spaces & guest rooms will wow you as you walk in through our front doors. Located about ¼ mile from the New Carrollton METRO station, giving you access to Washington, DC and other DC areas within minutes, without the hassle of the traffic and parking nightmares. Free automobile as well as bus parking on the premises. Our guestrooms at Metro Points Hotel-Washington North feature 32-inch LCD TVs with satellite channels and pay movies, as well as desks with ergonomic chairs. All guest rooms also have safes to accommodate laptops, coffee/tea makers, and wireless high speed internet access is complimentary. The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is a part of a new development that has a shopping center with a verity of food outlets like IHOP®, Five Guys Burgers®, Starbucks®, and more. Without the worries of high franchise fees from a major hotel chain, the Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is able to offer you low rates and a commitment to focus on the services and quality that you would appreciate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Metro Points Hotel - Washington North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points New Carrollton
- Sheraton New Carrollton
- New Carrollton Four Points
- New Carrollton Sheraton