I guess a had somewhat higher expectations for this hotel by reading some of the reviews. Although I can’t say that it is a bad hotel, I can’t rate it more than average.
We visited OC in the last weekend of March when the city was hosting a cheerleading competition with thousands of participants. So I can’t comment on the price as it was probably inflated in all hotels because of this event. Here are my impressions:
- Right in front of the beach – nice!
- Room has a good size for a family of 4 , with 2 double beds and sofa bed
- It has a kitchen (although very small)
- Restaurant is good and has 2 options, fine dining and casual
- Everything looks old and worn out from hallways and elevators to bathroom and refrigerator
- It’s far from the boardwalk (2.5 miles) and the most picturesque part of the town.
- At the end, as a “thank you” gift for our stay, the hotel refused to extend my check-out time for just 1 hour (I can’t imagine that they would have many new guests arriving on a Sunday afternoon in off-season). They instead tried to sell me another night stay for discounted price.
Overall it was an ok stay. But if returning to OC I would try to stay on a walking distance to the boardwalk and on a newer or recently renovated hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Oceanfront Resort Hotel and Conference Center is located directly on the beach and ocean. Our hotel offers a great location in midtown Ocean City, MD, with the sandy beaches as our backyard. Spend a sunny afternoon relaxing on our oceanside hammocks or take a dip in our outdoor pool with swim up pool bar where you can enjoy a refreshing cocktail. We also offer activities such as tennis, a game room, shuffle board, tanning bed, and supervised children s activities in-season. Kids 19 & under stay free, while children 12 and under eat free. Ocean City Golf Packages are our specialty with over 20 golf courses just a short drive from the hotel. Family fun, including Jolly Roger s amusement park, jet ski rentals, parasailing, Northside Park, and putt putt golf are conveniently located nearby. Assateague National Park with wild ponies is located just 20 minutes away. The hotel is located just one mile from Seacrets Bar and Grill, 3 miles from the Ocean City boardwalk, and walking distance from famous Fager s Island Restaurant. Enjoy an authentic Italian experience in our restaurant: Touch of Italy. Serving fresh items like handmade mozzarella cheese, pasta, pizza, cookies and crispy bread, as well as high quality imported items from Italy. Touch of Italy was born out of two Italian family traditions that trace back to the late 1800's. These two families trace their roots to the beautiful Marche and Abruzzo regions in Central Italy, where one can find rich cultural traditions and recipes passed down from generation to generation. In season visit our famous Original Pool Bar and Grill for tropical libations and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Holiday Inn