All reviews sleep inn free breakfast room was clean parking lot is tight front desk yogurt waffle maker street noise the breakfast area top floor beach boardwalk would stay here again small pool a great stay the location is perfect two blocks visit ocean city
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent 2 nights here. Not perfect, but quiet, comfortable, and a good value. The room was spacious and had a tv and refrigerator. Needed a bit of Tilex at the bottom of the shower, and wifi wasn’t working.
Great breakfast, with eggs, sausage or bacon, fresh waffles etc included.
The staff was pleasant and helpful.
The small pool was good for a dip, but unfortunately was right next to the dumpsters.
Parking was a challenge for a midsize car, and scary for a big SUV. Spaces and aisles were just way too tight.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobanddorothy
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing you feedback with travel community! We are thrilled to know that your stay with us was a positive experience and that you were happy with convenience of hotel location and comfort of our rooms!

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Booked a last minute 2 night weekend getaway. The shower had clumps of hair on the walls. I just couldn't bring myself or family to use it. We washed up in the sink since it was only a short trip. Mold was growing in there as well. The carpet was wet in certain areas and there was a splatter on the wall near the door. Something was spilled but was not cleaned up. We did not take advantage of the free breakfast. I just couldn't eat there given the lack of cleanliness in the rooms. Finally, the parking lot is way too small. The spots were extremely tight. If you have a full size SUV like a Durango, count on getting it dinged as the parking spots really only accommodate small SUV's or compact cars.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank trensha
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Guest,
I would like to personally thank you for sharing your experience with travel community. I do apologize that the room was not to your liking. I will bring the issue of the bathroom walls to the attention of my housekeeping and engineering staff so that any issues may be resolved.I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We had a little weekend girls trip right before fourth of July- My mom (battling cancer)- forgot some items and the front desk was very accommodating with her needs. We stayed for 2 short days- check in was a breeze. The breakfast was very nice and had a good variety. The beds were very comfy- pillows were kind of short, but I usually bring my own. The hotel was pretty full, but we really didn't really hear anyone. Also the pool is kind of small, but you are right at the beach, so not a big deal. My daughter loved it! It was in a great spot, very close to everything, you don't even need to leave in your car until it's time to go home (7-11 is also on the next block). Honestly my only complaint was the parking lot- the spots are way too short and narrow- I have a minivan and could barely get out of the car- the car next to me kept hitting mine when theirs would open. If you have a big truck, your in trouble. Great place to stay- there are some dives that we have stayed at before, but now that we found this place, we will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Booked directly and saved with AAA we also We requested a balcony- very nice view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,thank you for your thoughtful review. We are extremely happy that your stay with us was a memorable one and you were pleased with overall location and accommodation.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Carol was very helpful at the desk and does a fantastic job making sure everyone is pleased. She also gave us great recommendations for restaurants. The hotel is a street away from Boardwalk, so it is very close to the beach. The Boardwalk is very crazy. If you don't like that atmosphere, it would be best to go to another city.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street. Ask for a room overlooking the swimming pool. Also,use Carol as a resource.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel as a base for a trip to OC! It's great to know that you decided to stay with us and based on your positive experience and this stay was a memorable one.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Nick Tekmen.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I found this hotel while searching online. I am glad that we gave this hotel a chance. The minute we walked in, Carol greeted us and was really pleasant while checking is in. The room was clean and smelled good. The whole hotel had a good scent and was not your typical hotel smell. The breakfast was as expected. The waffles were the best. We used the pool briefly one afternoon, but it was filled with kids most of the weekend, which I expected. Our balcony was nice overlooking the bay which made great sunset views we also discovered a great restaurant by looking out from our balcony.

The parking lot is tight but you are guaranteed one spot per room. I have come to expect that at beach hotels, so I wasn’t shocked or disappointed.

Overall, a great hotel and we cannot wait to come back and visit Ocean City.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jmichael911
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Dear Guest,
thank you for your wonderful review! We are truly touched by all your kind words and it's wonderful that your stay with us was a memorable experience and our staff made you feel like home!
Thank you for allowing us opportunity to call you our guest and we look forward to your next stay!

Until next time!