Dunes Manor Hotel, Court & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$409
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$279
Castle in the Sand Hotel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$245
  • Pool
Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$280
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$392
The Spinnaker(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$209
Hotels.com
Sea Bay Hotel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$220
Sea Hawk Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$215
Gateway Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$250
AscendHotels
All reviewstoaster ovenoceanfront roomparking lot iswould stay here againprivate balconynice poolfront desk staffnice staycoffee makerbeds were very comfortabledays innhojosilverwarerefrigerator
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough about how amazing the staff was at Howard Johnson oceanfront. When we arrived I got so nervous that we would have to leave because I thought there were full-sized fridges in each room; my son is fed breast milk only and we had 30 bags of frozen milk that needed to stay frozen until we were ready to use it. After expressing my concerns to Dan, the night shift guy, he told us that there was a suite upstairs which was currently offline due to storms prior which was the only room with a full-sized refrigerator. Dan placed our milk in the freezer overnight with two signs, one inside of the freezer and one on the door, so that no one threw it away when cleaning the room. He told us to speak with the manager first thing in the morning and see if there was anything that could be done to help us further. Once I explained the situation to the manager, also named Dan, he told us that he would be able to keep the milk in the freezer without an issue and not to worry. About an hour after talking to him, Dan (manager) came over to our room and asked us to gather our things to move up to the suite! He had his staff finish cleaning and preparing the room just so that we didn't have anything to worry about while we were there. I cannot express how amazing this was to us and how much it meant to me that I didn't have to worry about my son's food! We also brought my husband's 95 year old great Grandma with us and got her an oceanfront room in which she loved so much that she wouldn't even leave to go eat!! All of the staff was so amazing and since Gram told us she wants to come back next year, we will be booking with Howard Johnson again!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
DColosino, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! All of us here are so pleased that everything worked out and you and your family were able to enjoy your stay! We certainly hope to see you again soon! Thank You, Dan C.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

had an great time and great stay at ocean city md and great service and exellent service at the howard johnsons on 24th street,would recommend to anyone

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
DColosino, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are so happy to hear your stay with us was enjoyable! Recommendations, in our opinion, are the highest of compliments so we certainly thank you for that! We hope to see you again soon! Thank You, Dan C.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed September 4, 2017

My family and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in the last week of August. This is the first review that I have ever written for a hotel. I feel that I have to write this review to warn other customers of the bedbug problem in room 409. We are extremely disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. I have never had bedbug bites before and I left the hotel with over twenty bites all over my body. Was expecting the room to be at least clean for spending over $300 per night. The only thing positive was the location of the hotel (oceanfront). After this terrible experience, we will not be going back to OC ever again!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
DColosino, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would like to reassure you that this is not something we take lightly and as soon as this review was published we called our pest control company to inspect the room. We would also like you to know that the inspector found no signs or traces of bed bugs whatsoever. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the view and location and hope you do decide to return to Ocean City at some point. Thank You, Dan C.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

So, sit right back and you’ll read a tale…

Preface: First, I don’t want to offend OC MD lovers. For me personally, the area leaves something to be desired. This year we wanted to spend less drive time. Our teens don’t remember OC and Groupon had an offer for HoJos on 24th Street. Although skeptical I have a couple descent memories of OC and we have used Groupon resulting in great vacations and get-away experiences. Too bad this one didn't turn out that way. In May I reserved a room for 5 nights. On July 7th my husband suggested we add a 6th night. The Groupon offer was closed. I booked that 6th night calling the reservation number. The reservationist confirmed that the room we were already assigned was available for a 6th night and that she’d piggy-back the additional night onto our existing Groupon reservation saving us the inconvenience of moving to another room. She confirmed the Groupon payment in full so the 6th night would be collected at a $199/rm rate. Readers, hold this thought and let me tell the tale of the overall lodging experience.
Chapter 1: At check-in, we provided the credit card for what should have been two-fold. The standard hold in case of damage and/or additional charges (in our case, that 6th night). Our room was on the first floor, pool view, no privacy. We were the last room street side. Shears or blinds would be a nice touch for the first floor rooms. Every morning between 7-7:20 a.m. we woke to delivery and garbage trucks and banging dumpsters. Other reviewers wrote of thin walls. If the walls aren’t thin, whales must have been lodging on the second floor because we heard stomping & pounding continually. For a couple days there was a young child in the room next to ours so we were serenaded by crying.
Chapter 2: Housekeeping. The room wasn’t immaculate when we arrived but sufficed—it only gets worse:
Monday - room was cleaned adequately enough (if you consider making beds and towels adequate). The floor was always gritty feeling. When my husband spilled a little water, he wiped up the floor and the paper towel was black.
Tuesday – pounding rain the entire day so we stayed in, declining room service. That’s when we discovered old coffee left in the pot complete with a little fuzz growing atop. YUCK, forget coffee!
Wednesday as we were leaving a housekeeper asked if we wanted room service. “Of course.” Well, we returned late afternoon (near quitting time) and our room wasn’t touched. We had to detour to the office.
Thursday - the room wasn’t cleaned until very late afternoon. It was at least 5 p.m. when we returned and found we had no towels. Another visit to the office.
Friday the room was cleaned - better late than never. Am I nitpicking too much if I mention the black hair in a towel I took from the towel rack?
Chapter 3: All else that is wrong. Baths are tiny and lack shelving for toiletries. The mirror was nice though. The shower was more of a trickle and water temperature was luke-warm at best. Toilet paper is apparently a precious commodity because we were never sufficiently restocked. Wifi was weak and you had to continually log-on. Pool area was kept clean but water was freezing cold. I will give the beds a thumb’s up. They were comfortable enough.
Chapter 4: Flashback. Friday is our 5th day there. We go out, returning 10-10:30 p.m. to find we are locked out. We went to the office and were confronted by a rude woman telling us we were locked out because of our check-out date and money owed. I tried to explain the extended 6th day reservation made weeks earlier. I told her I provided my credit card and it should have been on file for processing the additional night. Not listening, just making excuses about not being sure they should use that card she quickly processed payment and put us through the same redundant paperwork we signed at check-in. With no apology for the hotel’s incompetency or misunderstanding, she poignantly made sure to add salt to the wound remarking that she ‘will see us in the morning for check-out’. Saturday morning at check-out I talked to the manager who had similar half-witted excuses. My husband suggested that a note, a call to our room, a knock on the door, even a receipt under the door at some point would have been more appropriate and professional. I pointed out we live in a wonderful, old historic 12 room house, hardly squatters who desire a one room dump. He kept spewing lame excuses just like that “person” the night before. REALLY? Do these people have a HoJoke book of excuses and replies? I’ve written many reviews over the years. I’ve never been this critical and I receive positive feedback. I always try to be fair and point out ‘resort’ areas and beaches get so much use and abuse so you should expect some flaws and imperfections but this place and its staff win the prize for imperfect professionalism.
Final chapter: The manager was right when he told us he takes blame for mistakes -- employees are only as good as the management! The employee who stereotyped us or whatever was going on in her crazy mind was just inappropriate. It’s insulting how we had to chase down housekeeping most of the week but the day of our departure they were at the door by 10 a.m. busting through. Do they not know check-out is 11 a.m.? Do they know we had a legitimate reservation to be in that room until 11 a.m. on 9/2/17? I take pleasure in hoping they were as disappointed in the tip as we were in our overall experience. Here now I will leave a tip: If you want satisfied customers and repeat business, listen and work on fixing what makes customers unhappy. No matter your job, do it professionally and with pride because it reflects on you and the company you work for. Monetary tips are only given as a reward for good service.

So readers, once you read this review my best advice is -- run by land or sea… just run!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would like to apologize for the issues experienced during your stay. We would also like to assure you that issues of that nature happen few and far between. We hope you have a chance to return to one of our hotels so you can experience just how great a stay with us can be! Thank You, Dan C.