“Happy customer”

Ranked #41 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 20 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
DColosino, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

For $300 (including taxes) a night this Howard Johnson's was a huge disappointment. We expected a beautiful , well cared for ,prime, ocean front ,boardwalk property. What we got was a run down hotel with rundown rooms. Even the toilet paper holder was about 20 years old. We saw two cockroaches go under the bed as soon as we arrived. There were ants in the efficiency "kitchen" area. We stored our food on top of the closet.
Upon leaving we stripped the beds (always do) and found what seemed to be human excrement on the side of the mattress. (So disgusted!)
The elevator needs some updating. The floor was spongy and gross. The balcony was also in need of improvements. Even though the pool was clean it was too cold to swim in. The best part about it was that it was on the boardwalk.

Why didn't we leave? Because it was on boardwalk and it was Bike Fest 2017 with no other boardwalk rooms available anywhere.

Go find another (clean&updated) hotel if you want to enjoy your stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay. We hope you have a chance to return so we can prove just how wonderful a stay with us can be! Thank You, Dan C.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Very nice location, had 4th. fl. oceanfront room. Bathroom was a little snug, but was ok. Nice balcony, with comfortable chairs similar to Days Inn. Room service was excellent, thanks to Diana. As I told the mgr. my only complaint was the coffee maker in the room. It was impossible to pour water into pot or coffee out without it spilling. you had to use a napkin to pour into pot and over the sink to fill cups. This was only a 4 cup maker so maybe owners may want to consider a change. It is not hotels fault, I blame owners. But that was our only negative result of our stay, which is minor but I had to mention it for the next person.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are pleased to hear you had a nice stay with us! We are also very happy to know our wonderful staff was friendly and helpful! We hope to see you again soon! Thank You, Dan C.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough about how amazing the staff was at Howard Johnson oceanfront. When we arrived I got so nervous that we would have to leave because I thought there were full-sized fridges in each room; my son is fed breast milk only and we had 30 bags of frozen milk that needed to stay frozen until we were ready to use it. After expressing my concerns to Dan, the night shift guy, he told us that there was a suite upstairs which was currently offline due to storms prior which was the only room with a full-sized refrigerator. Dan placed our milk in the freezer overnight with two signs, one inside of the freezer and one on the door, so that no one threw it away when cleaning the room. He told us to speak with the manager first thing in the morning and see if there was anything that could be done to help us further. Once I explained the situation to the manager, also named Dan, he told us that he would be able to keep the milk in the freezer without an issue and not to worry. About an hour after talking to him, Dan (manager) came over to our room and asked us to gather our things to move up to the suite! He had his staff finish cleaning and preparing the room just so that we didn't have anything to worry about while we were there. I cannot express how amazing this was to us and how much it meant to me that I didn't have to worry about my son's food! We also brought my husband's 95 year old great Grandma with us and got her an oceanfront room in which she loved so much that she wouldn't even leave to go eat!! All of the staff was so amazing and since Gram told us she wants to come back next year, we will be booking with Howard Johnson again!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
DColosino, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! All of us here are so pleased that everything worked out and you and your family were able to enjoy your stay! We certainly hope to see you again soon! Thank You, Dan C.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

had an great time and great stay at ocean city md and great service and exellent service at the howard johnsons on 24th street,would recommend to anyone

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
DColosino, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are so happy to hear your stay with us was enjoyable! Recommendations, in our opinion, are the highest of compliments so we certainly thank you for that! We hope to see you again soon! Thank You, Dan C.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My family and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in the last week of August. This is the first review that I have ever written for a hotel. I feel that I have to write this review to warn other customers of the bedbug problem in room 409. We are extremely disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. I have never had bedbug bites before and I left the hotel with over twenty bites all over my body. Was expecting the room to be at least clean for spending over $300 per night. The only thing positive was the location of the hotel (oceanfront). After this terrible experience, we will not be going back to OC ever again!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
DColosino, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would like to reassure you that this is not something we take lightly and as soon as this review was published we called our pest control company to inspect the room. We would also like you to know that the inspector found no signs or traces of bed bugs whatsoever. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the view and location and hope you do decide to return to Ocean City at some point. Thank You, Dan C.