Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums
Ranked #35 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We love staying at the Carousel Hotel! Yes, it is an older Hotel ,but an inside ice skating rink is awesome!! My children love it! We can wake up and see the sunrise out the Hotel window and then hit the arcade and go over to the ice rink, catch some lunch out in OC and come back for Swimming !!!! or Go on the Beach and Swim at night!! It is wonderful for a family get away. I haven't had dirty bathrooms or Bed Bugs to complain about !!!!! We haven't had unfriendly encounters with staff and we have been several times!! We bond as a family here and there is something for everyone to do. My five year old said this last visit: This is the best day of her life :) We have had many vacations, but whenever I here this, I know as a Parent I feel really Great!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelly W
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

And we love having you! We know we are an older hotel, our rich history is part of the novelty. You will be surprised at all the great history the Carousel has; if these walls could talk! If you search "Bobby Baker's Carousel" you can learn more about it. Our hotel rooms and condominiums are very up to date. Our ocean front rooms have fresh paint, new beds, new carpet, granite counter tops, and new flat screen lcd tvs! Thanks for letting us know how much you and your family enjoyed your stay. Its people like you who make us love our jobs, and love providing top notch hospitality. We are ecstatic your daughter had the best day ever here, and were here to make your family vacation one to remember, every time you visit! Book a room with the Carousel through our hotel or on our website and capture the memory with a free family photo in our atrium at our custom built family photo set (June July August only). Thanks again for staying with us, we cant wait to see you next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My 12 year old son was very excited about the ice skating ring and the indoor pool. My husband and I did not like the room... It was very dated, the window to the corridor which overlooked the skating ring did not have proper curtains, we could not keep them closed all the way; the bathroom is right next to that window which was a bit uncomfortable. As guess would walk by our room they could see into the room, there were no "do not disturb" signs for the door. Maid service came just as we were showering, we told her this and asked if she could come back, that never happened. The heat/air unit was extremely loud when it would come on.

Room Tip: don't know what a tip would be, this was my first time at the Carousel and I did not like it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna J
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear valued guest, were happy to hear you enjoyed the ice rink and our heated indoor pool. We must apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory but do wish you would have brought these issues up with a member of our friendly staff. We would have been happy to address any issue you may have had including the curtain inquiry. All of our rooms have working curtains which provide complete privacy at all times. There is a "do not disturb" sign that goes in the key card reader when guests want an added level of privacy, if you could not locate the card we would have had no problem replacing it at any time. Many of our rooms are quite up to date with new furnishings such as flat 32' LCD TV, new carpet and bed spreads. Our Oceanfront Rooms have been newly renovated to include new beds, freshly painted walls, flat screen TV's, bedspreads, new granite counter tops and are some of the most up to date rooms in Ocean City Maryland. We pride ourselves on excellent service and unbeatable hospitality. We hope your next stay in Ocean City Md finds you well.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Me and my family stayed at the Carousel last week(Feb 22nd 2012) and I have to admit we were kind of nervous after reading some negative reviews. We almost cancelled our reservation but are so glad we didnt. When we arrived we were met with a smile from the front desk staff who got us checked in earlier then the normal check in time. Our family loves to travel in the off season since the rates are so inexpensive and we loved the fact that the Carousel has an ice skating rink. When we got to our room I made sure to check the beds for bed bugs and found no trace of them. Actually, everything was very well kept, the sheets were fresh, the bathroom was clean and the beds were very comfy and the room has a flat screen tv. It was nicer than standard, and the staff really made our stay genuine. Overall we had no complaints and had a great off-season vacation. More than likely we will be back in the summer and stay with the Carousel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Scott H
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

We are so happy you found your stay at the Carousel enjoyable. We work very hard to ensure guest satisfaction and exceed expectations. We hope to have you again as our guest this Summer. You will find that we are always adding events and extras to our agenda. This Summer we have "Theme Nights" every night of the week. Have a look at the events page on our website to view all of our events and nightly promotions. Additionally, The Carousel is offering free family photo night taken every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in June, July, and August. As always, we at the Carousel work hard to ensure the utmost satisfaction of our guests. Great hospitality is our standard.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Visit date: May 2011. We stayed on the second floor, ocean view. The beds are extremely hard. Think they poured concrete and pulled a sheet over it. The building and decor is just way outdated.

The worst part was having maintenence on the second floor sawing with power tools through the day and flicking there cigarette butts down on our balcony below. Should we choose to come back to Ocean City it will not be here. It just is not worth it.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Dear guest, we are truly sorry for your dissatisfaction. If you were dissatisfied with the quality of your bed we would have been happy to address your concern at the time of your stay. Many of the Carousel rooms have been re-modeled and mattresses are always replaced as needed. Our Oceanfront rooms have new granite countertops, drapes, tile, beds, bed spreads and flat screen LCD TV’s. Many of the Non-Oceanfront rooms have been re-vamped with new carpet, new bed spreads and again, we replace mattresses as needed. We work hard to make sure you’re as comfortable as possible. We would have been happy to accommodate you if you would have voiced your concerns with a member of our friendly staff. We are truly sorry for the cigarette issue. In fact, we don’t know how this could have happened. We did not have any renovations last May and we have a no smoking policy for both guests and staff. We work very hard to ensure guest satisfaction, we hope that your next stay in Ocean City will exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

for starters it was me and my wife's honeymoon and our first night there we had a ocean front jacuzzi deluxe king room #244 we got in the room started looking around and just like a bunch of the reviews on here said the room looked like it was out of the eighties there was exposed wires on the floor and the toilet had a poop ring around it the bathtub had some hairs in it but other than that it didn't look too bad it had a flat screen TV the bed was horrible it had no padding what so ever. next thing i am an extreme germaphobe and i like for my stuff to be clean so i ran some tub cleaner through the jacuzzi and had it filled and running for all of about 5 min. and all these pubic hairs started flying out now mind you me and my wife had not entered the tub yet also a bunch of dirt and other debris so at this point i called the front desk and she told me that there housekeeping had been sent home at 3 pm in the afternoon so she was sending a security guard up to have a look at this point me and my wife left for the evening six hours later we came back and the first thing i did was turn on the tub and start filling it and to my surprise when it was filled and i turned the jets on the same stuff started coming out so once again i called the front desk and by the the person was being very rude and i ended up having to move two rooms down to room 246 and i did the same with this jacuzzi and the exact same thing happened so furious i called back down well the front desk sent up the security guards which were all very nice and very appalled at how the tub in our first room looked and when i drained the tub and then refilled it for the security guards so that they could witness what i had three times they were disgusted so we stayed the night in that room the next morning i spoke with a manager who was no help at all and after arguing with her for 10 min i demanded the general managers number so i called him and told him in the nicest way what had happened so obviously he wasn't very happy with his staff because he completely refunded my first nights stay well that day me and my wife left and came back that evening i did the same with the tub and finally it was OK so we went down to go ice skating at their rink of which i would not recommend we were skating on it and about 5 min in me and my wife went to get a snack and decide if we wanted to continue skating because there were holes in the ice 2 inches deep and 5 inches long and at the same time i heard the sound of someone hitting the ice so hard because of the holes that 35 feet away at the snack machines we heard his head hit the ice upon this i went in and ask the attendant if he would clean and scrape the ice he responded with no I'm not doing anything its 2 hours till we close I'm not worried about it after me explaining to him what happened so if you are considering staying at this hotel i strongly recommend that you take into consideration my review and the rest of the bad reviews on this page because i gaurentee on my life that the are true this is positively the worst hotel ever!!!!!

Room Tip: I just wouldn't stay here ever. It was seriously the worst hotel we have ever stayed in.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kristen c

This was seriously the worst hotel.
We are sorry your stay was unsatisfactory. The room you stayed in was thoroughly inspected before and after your room move and showed absolutely no sign of exposed wires or un-sanitation in or around the toilet, bath tub or Jacuzzi. Your complaints did not fall on deaf ears even though you claimed our staff was less than professional. In fact, a member of our front desk staff and security staff generously cleaned another room so that you could switch rooms at 11pm and we did not charge you for that night. Both staff members filled and ran the Jacuzzi three times and found no trace of anything unsanitary. Here at the Carousel we have extensive training to ensure that all of our housekeeping procedures are stringently followed for the satisfaction of our guests. The Carousel housekeeping employees have an average tenure of over 5 years and the Executive Housekeeper has tenure for over 15 years. Each Jacuzzi is sanitized and cleaned thoroughly with an acute attention to detail before and after every guest stay.

We would respectfully have to disagree with your opinion of our ice rink. We run the Zamboni every time the ice becomes unsuitable to skate on and our standards are very high. We do not have an accident report on record of anyone falling and hitting their head as you claim.
The Carousel prides itself on havng a friendly, professional staff. Our management and operations team work hard everyday to make sure our guests receive the vacation they deserve. Were sorry you weren’t one of the thousands of satisfied guests that come to the Carousel every year. We wish you could have been part of the repeat business we generate based on quality service and a superior experience. We hope your next vacation to Ocean City exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I spent a Friday and Saturday night in February. The rooms were very bare bones. One bed was obviously "taller" than the other. One mattress was warped. The other queen bed looked better, but was not very comfortable. The bed linens were thin. The bedspread looked well worn. There was a small table in the "kitchenette" area when you walked in the room, but no plug near it to plug in the computer. It was nice to have a microwave, small refrigerator and coffeemaker. There were not other chairs in the room other that the 2 wooden chairs at the little table. So no place to sit other than the bed to read or watch TV. The heat was very hot Friday night, but on Saturday night wouldn't even heat the room when turned all the way on high. There were high winds on Saturday night and the wind blew through the sliding door, whistled and the curtains moved all night. There was not a good seal on the slider. Off the lobby there was a nice size Ice Skating rink, an indoor pool, hot tub and exercise room. The only problem was to get to the exercise room, I had to walk across a very wet pool deck, getting my sneaker soles wet and had trouble getting them dry to avoid slipping on the treadmill. The lobby bar and restaurant were nice, as well as a snack bar. I think I would have spent less time in the room if it had been summer and it wouldn't have mattered too much. Basic room, but nice ammentities.

Room Tip: Rooms have various views. Be sure to ask for above 5th floor if you want an ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sunloverDE
Reviewed 3 February 2012

stayed 11/24/2011 & 11/25/2011 worst thanksgiving ever got bed bugs and kids missed week of school

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Damon E

We apologize on behalf of the entire Carousel staff and management but can assure you that this isolated incident is in no way related to the sanitation of our establishment. Bed bugs are most commonly transferred by people in their clothing and are an unavoidable problem for every and all hotels. This is not a cleanliness issue on behalf of the Carousel, but a issue with guests bringing them here. We are fortunate to only deal with so few cases. One issue we would like to address is the manner in which we took care of the problem, and your comfort. We refunded your stay with a smile and cannot apologize enough for your inconvenience. Our professional housecleaning staff has an average tenure of over 5 years and our Executive Housekeeper has been providing guests with excellent accommodations for over 15 years. We cannot say enough that this is not an issue of the Carousel sanitation and we take pride in the level of hospitality we have been providing and continue to provide.