Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews northside park yogurt room was clean indoor pool complimentary breakfast is festival of lights front desk staff great view of the bay short walk to the beach off season winterfest ocean summer sand trash
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2020

I booked this hotel based on lots of positive reviews. Although I didn't hate the place, let's just say, I won't stay there again. Ever. Here are pros/cons: Good location near a park/easy walk to beach. Decently clean in the lobby BUT (I will get to the "butt" in the cons section) and had a nice outdoor pool, well maintained, good size and pleasant water temp. I hate when hotel pools are freezing! But the indoor pool was totally closed. Cons: So I noted people mention in their reviews that it's a quiet hotel? NOT my experience. There was a large group on our floor (3rd floor) shouting at each other in the hallways late at night, literally yelling down the halls at 12 midnight and slamming doors over and over. The walls are thin, you will hear EVERY thing next door or in the hall. This went on all weekend, every night these people are slamming doors and yelling in the hallway (maybe they were teens? not sure). The hotel did NOTHING. I called to complain, they said they would send someone in security up. I don't know if they even did send someone, but it had no effect, it never stopped, and I called again but they never answered. Same thing the next night. So, moral of the story, the hotel won't try to remedy rude, shouting guests, they'll just let that stuff go on and on. So irritating late at night. Also, I know about COVID, but they were out cleaning rooms in the hall all day, I presume people who had checked out? So they are in these rooms cleaning, but they refuse to clean your room while you are out. They do the barest of minimum, like dumping sheets on the bed for you to change yourself, you need to ask for everything including: more toilet paper, tissues, trash bags because YOU take out the trash, new sheets and towels, more coffee supplies and cups. Ugh. I don't see how this helps COVID if they are still cleaning rooms all day, in the hallways right across from your room. We stayed several nights and we needed it vacuumed but nope. They lock up the pool except from 10-6. So you have people lined up, clustered in a small hallway to try and get the pool area's limited chairs. How is this helping COVID to not spread? How does closing at 6pm help? They were not out cleaning the pool at 6, I can tell you that. I watched from my window, they never cleaned it. Stay somewhere else, seriously. We visited friends at a big hotel further down the beach and none of this crap, the other hotel had a pool open normal hours, they serviced the rooms (if you asked). This Holiday Inn is using COVID to cut corners and be lazy. They don't enforce masking and it's not a super clean hotel to start with (room carpet was ugh), and the amenities are MINIMAL. Or non-existent. The staff were okay, not overly friendly but decent. Not good enough to draw me back. I suggest you stay somewhere else, at least until COVID ends.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank vivace21
Marie Hopper, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting us know the areas we need to improve upon. I apologize that you had some problems during your stay. Just to let you know our security team did go up to handle the loud guest, after so many attempts we had to call OCPD to get them under control. We do take pride in making sure our guest are safe and try making everyone feel at home when they stay with us. During this time dealing with Covid we have guidelines we have to follow, so yes things are a tad bit different and changes occur almost daily. Once again we want to apologize for the inconvenience you experience on our short comings and hopefully you will give us another chance.

Reviewed July 19, 2020

We picked this hotel based on its proximity to park that was right behind it, which was the location of our event. Front Desk employees were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Hotel was clean. Room was clean. Housekeeping staff was great. The room we were in had a broken air conditioner. When we contacted the front desk, they were great about it. They switched our room immediately. We saw the next day they were wheeling the broken AC out of our old room. It was nice seeing them fix it so quickly for their next guest. 1 block from beach. Very nice stay. Will stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2020

Although there are signs requiring facemasks in common areas due to COVID, I was told by the manager that they really don't enforce it and it was evident. If I ever stay here again, it will not be until there is a vaccine for COVID. The restaurant that we had dinner at enforced Social Distancing and masks while not seated at your table. Good for them!

Date of stay: June 2020
790guestservicem, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2020

Thank you Flutterbye553 for your review. Your feedback allows us to be able to make continuous changes and improvements in order to provide our guest with the best service. Thanks again for the 2 out of 5 rating. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ocean City Md!

Reviewed April 30, 2020

Staff of the hotel provided impeccable service. Rooms on the west side have a great view. Will be sure to stop at this hotel again. The boardwalk and ocean are both near by and bus service is available in front of the hotel. Lots to do and many exciting and fun things for the children,

Room tip: West side of hotel best view.
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Adventure754998
Reviewed April 27, 2020 via mobile

Always treated like family. It is our home away from home. The staff is very friendly. The hotel is always clean. We love the pool. We enjoy walking at North Side Park. The location is close to restaurants.

Date of stay: September 2019