4,453 results
All reviews hour coffee shop epic bar pizza shop pizza place parking garage off season ocean view outdoor pool front desk staff plenty of parking board walk family vacation beds were comfortable floor balcony boardwalk housekeeping
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We only live one hour away but enjoy short getaways for a change of scenery. The Grand Hotel is our hotel of choice. Because of the shape of the hotel, every room offers ocean view. The rooms are large and have a balcony. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. Each room has a refrigerator and coffee maker. The hotel also has a restaurant, spa, a bar, and several shops on a lobby level. Our son enjoyed swimming in both pools: one indoor and one outdoor. The staff is also friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel in Ocean City.

Room tip: You can't have a bad view anywhere in this hotel. We like to stay on the higher floors from where we can see many Ocean City highlights.
1  Thank justintime428
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

We're overjoyed you have made us your hotel of choice when you visit Ocean City, MD. I'm glad you and your family were able to really take advantage of all of the amenities we have to offer.

Thank you for the spreading the word about how much you love our property, it is greatly appreciated. We look forward to continue to be part of this tradition and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Visited oc with my wife and daughter and the room didnt look clean bathroom had hair and stains in tub and sink. Sheet smelled and had hair we couldnt even unpack our luggages because the drawers we sticky and dirty. Its a good thing we walked with our own sheets towels and lots of disinfectant. I would recommend the owner spend some time and money on renovations because theres too much competition. Lets not forget the staff and their attitudes that makes you not want to go back and dont go to the coffee house they are extremely rude and expensive.

1  Thank Rrsingh
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

I am disappointed to hear that you had a less than pleasurable experience during your stay with us. It is our goal to exceed your expectations by providing you with superior guest service and a meticulously cleaned room when you visit our property. I truly apologize this did not happen during your recent visit.

I empathize with you concerning the issues that transposed during your stay. However I would like to inquire if you attempted to notify any of the staff about your situations regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom, the condition of your sheets or the lack of customer service you received? I can guarantee we would have taken care of these issues immediately or upgraded you to a room of your liking for the inconvenience regarding the cleanliness of your room. I would also like to state that what you experienced is not a typical reflection of the standards we practice at the Grand Hotel and Spa, to be honest I am quite surprised by the details that caused your negative experience. If you look at previous reviews regarding our hotel one of the many things our guests rave about is our friendly and accommodating staff, along with how clean our rooms are in the hotel.

Although we feel as if we have failed you, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to win back your trust and prove our commitment to exceeding your expectations by choosing to stay with us again in the near future. I am confident that your next experience with the Grand Hotel and Spa will be a more pleasant one. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss this matter further because I would like to make this right. Thank you for your time and business.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed here maybe half a dozen times over the past several years. A great oceanfront stay that has only one problem...but I like it. They leave you have the run of the place. To all those who go to the ocean and want all the elements of being home, well, stay home. This is oceanfront. Subject to sand, moisture and screaming kids, and adults, having fun. Go chill.

Room tip: Oceanfront room is nice but not necessary. There are cheaper rooms on the backside looking over the bay.
Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank goboroot

Thank you for being such a loyal guest! We are ecstatic that you have made coming to the Grand Hotel and Spa a yearly ritual in your travels to Ocean City, MD. We are happy to hear that the only "problem" you have with our property is that we want our guests to enjoy themselves and really create lasting memories.

We cannot wait to see you again in the near future and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed May 23, 2012

As my Mother's day gift my adult daughter and I decided to take a mini vacation and get away for a few days . It was great the hotel was exceptionally clean, front desk staff very helpful work out room very nice well maintained. If you go you have to visit the Spa the ladies there were so nice we really enjoyed chatting with them while being pampered they also recommended some great places to eat. Only problem we ran into was it was cruisers week we had a hard time finding a place to park late one eve. when we returned to the hotel and had to park way up in the parking garage(little scary) most spots were taken by cars and one beside by by a empty trailer that had hauled a classic car, they also took up all the front parking at the hotel leaving little room for guest who had arrived earlier in the week. :( next time we will check that out we enjoyed seeing the cars but the parking wasn't very good.

Room tip: all the room have a great view
1  Thank Deb l

I'm thrilled we could make it a memorable Mother's Day! We hope you will make it a tradition for many years to come. Thank you for all of your feedback and I will be sure to pass along all of your kind words regarding our staff and the cleanliness of your room.

We look forward to the next opportunity to prove our commitment for providing excellent guest service along with offering the cleanest rooms you will find in Ocean City, MD. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Over the years, we have stayed at numeous hotels when visiting Ocean City. Once we discovered the Grand Hotel, we don't even consider another location. The staff are very accommodating, clean rooms are in good repair, wireless Internet access is available, small stores on the boardwalk side offer a cafe, pizza shop and various small shops. When we visit during "Cruise-In" weekends, you can get a coffee and donut from the cafe and sit on the boardwalk in front of the hotel to watch the cruiser parade. We love it! The Grand Hotel's location close to the end of the boardwalk is perfect for us to walk to most of our favorite destinations. A parking garage offers plenty of parking space. Our only bad experience during the most recent trip was with the Terrace Restaurant; I don't know if it is managed by the hotel or an outside group but I wouldn't recommend going to the restaurant for breakfast.

Room tip: Signature service rooms on the 10th and 11th floors, offer an awesome view of the boardwalk clear to the inlet. The upper floors also seemed to be a bit quieter than lower floors.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dkd_md
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

We're glad we have become your choice hotel when visiting Ocean City, MD! All of your positive feedback regarding everything from our staff to the amenities we offer are truly appreciated. We also enjoy cruising weekend as much as our guests and are happy you were able to take in the full experience.

I apologize for the less than pleasurable experience you had in the Grand Terrace restaurant. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me personally and I would be more than happy assist you. I will also be looking into this matter with the restaurant team as well.

Thank you once again for your loyalty to the Grand Hotel and Spa. We hope to be part of your getaway to Ocean City, MD for many years to come and look forward to seeing you again!