4,447 results
All reviews hour coffee shop epic bar pizza shop pizza place parking garage off season ocean view outdoor pool plenty of parking board walk family vacation beds were comfortable floor balcony boardwalk housekeeping arcade
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Spa was great, Karen and Sharon gave the best messages. My Wife and I had the couples message. I would recommend the Acqua Spa at the Grand Hotel. The Acqua Spa is lucky to have Karen and Sharon as enployees, they are very awesome. The view of the beach from my room was beautiful. Great customer service.

1  Thank lfoye
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

I am overjoyed you and your wife had an "awesome experience"! I will be sure to share you kind words with the Karen, Sharon and all of our staff as well. Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how great you stay was here at the Grand Hotel and Spa. We can't wait to have you back again and I hope you will make us your choice hotel for all of your future getaways to Ocean City, MD.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at the end of September and there were some areas that needed attention. But it was clean, spacious, wonderful view and within walking distance of almost everything that we were interested in seeing. I will definitely go back. It was right on the beach and I loved that.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betty D

Our passion is to provide excellent customer service and provide the cleanest accommodations you will find in Ocean City, MD. I am delighted that we were able to share that passion with you during your getaway.

I know that you stated you would definitely come back again and we can only hope you will make us your only choice when visiting the Ocean City, MD area. We would love to be part of such a special tradition and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel was a HUGE disappointment to us! We were expecting a luxurious, plush hotel for the price. The rates are very highly overpriced for the quality of the hotel. This hotel desperately needs to be renovated!!

Our room was damp and musty. The sliding glass door was almost impossible to open and close, the glass was so blurry you couldn't even see the beach. The balcony's are not private at all, someone could easily climb right into your room if you left your door open. The bathroom is a poor design, you have to step over the toilet to get in/out of the shower, the door swings right into the shower when you walk in. The shower curtain was ripped up and had black, moldy residue all over it. We requested another room because of the dampness, the girl at the front desk told us there were no other rooms available, but on our way back from dinner, we seen on their sign out front " Rooms Available".

We did not get an ounce of sleep during the 3 nights we were there. All we heard was loud banging and thrashing around all hours of the night. We will never stay at this hotel again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shantelle E
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the less than pleasurable stay you experienced, Your stay is not a normal reflection of the standards of quality and service the Grand Hotel and Spa holds itself too. I am very disappointed to hear about your dissatisfaction and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

When you requested to be moved and you were told by one of our guest service agents that we did not have another room available to move you too, than I'm assuming we were completely booked. The reason you saw "rooms available" on our sign is because the sign does not change frequently unless major edits need to be completed. I do not want you to feel as if your were lied to or mislead because that was not the case. However I do empathize with you concerning the issues you had with your room and they have already been brought to the attention of our entire management team.

Once again I truly apologize for all of the inconveniences you experienced. I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss this matter further because I would like to make it right. I can only hope you will allow us another opportunity to win back your trust and prove to you why the Grand Hotel and Spa is Ocean City, MD's premier hotel on the boardwalk.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The first room, (ocean view) we stayed in was horrific. It had mold, peeling wallpaper and cracked molding. I complained and the asst. manager moved us (upgraded) to a ocean front room. This room was much better, but still left a lot to be desired. It is a real shame because
the hotel has a nice set up with stores and restaurant, etc... I would not recommend this hotel
to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I travelled here with my Mom and Dad, and younger sister. We had a great ocean view room and I even snagged parking right next to the hotel. We had two cars to one room, so in order to not pay for an additional spot we snagged a spot almost "on the boardwalk." While this hotel is technically on the boardwalk, it's not where the action is. As a person in their mid thirties, I enjoyed this because it was quiet, but you could walk to where the action is if you wanted to. We are hoping to return again next year, during the same time. The hotel staff was polite for the most part. They bring a lot of students over from Prague, Serbia, etc, so their English isn't always the best. Overall we had a great time, and we enjoyed walking to Fish Tails for lunch.

Room tip: Love the ocean view rooms!
Date of stay: August 2012