1,405 results
All reviewsmary susanfront deskparking garageroom was cleanthe ground floorindoor pooloff seasonking bedno elevatorlocation was perfectfirst floorlong weekendplenty of parkingfamily vacationhojoboardwalklobby
Reviewed July 12, 2018

I really haven't a bad thing to say about my stay at this Howard Johnson! The location is perfect, at 12th Street on the Boardwalk, putting it just about in the middle of the boardwalk -- you walk to so many places from here using the boardwalk or the streets. The staff is genuinely helpful and aim to please (shout out to Lulu and Sarah? Or was it Hannah?). The entire hotel was recently renovated and the rooms are tastefully decorated, thoughtfully arranged and incredibly clean. The renovation really brought this older property alive, making the most of the space and decor that bridges the era of the building and boardwalk to modern comfort and amenities. Shade of blue are tasteful and bright, reminding one that the beach is just outside of the balcony doors. The bathrooms, which are small, also underwent a thorough remodel, but were done in such a way to make them highly functional. I had the occasion to stay in both an oceanfront and side view room. Perhaps it was just the rooms that I happened to be assigned to, but the oceanfront room was of average size and room to move about in comparison to the side view room which was much more compact. More than two people in the room would probably prove to be tight in terms of finding room for luggage and such. All rooms in the hotel come with an awesome balcony. The oceanfront room had a sliding door, while the side view room had double glass conventional doors, which were much more attractive than the sliding door, but a little more imposing on the limited space. Needless to say, the oceanfront room had a terrific view, but even the side view room didn't disappoint. It had only a one-direction view of the boardwalk and beach, but the view in the other direction of the buildings and homes was quite nice as well, especially from high up. Air conditioning and WiFi worked great in both rooms, and elevator service was never an issue. The television in the side view room was mounted on the wall, so as to free up valuable space on the dresser to put luggage. The oceanfront room had the television on the dresser as there was plenty of other room for luggage. The rooms were well lit and electrical outlets, some including USB ports, were thoughtfully placed in all the right places. Even the hallways of the hotel have been remodeled in the same peaceful blue tones. Guests enjoy free parking in a multi-story compact parking garage immediately behind the hotel. There's no elevators in the garage, but given the limited parking in Ocean City, that's fine with me, especially since it was practical to unload and load from short term parking spaces right by the building. The wood-fired pizza restaurant and bar on the first floor of the building along the boardwalk appears to a be a tenant, but a business with a good reputation. Drinks seem to be available reasonably late into the evening as well. The ownership, Boardwalk Hotel Group, clearly takes pride in all aspects of the hotel. During my stay, even the railings of the hardly-seen parking garage were undergoing a thorough stripping and painting. This will definitely be my first choice in lodging the next time I return to OCMD.

Room Tip: front/ocean view > side/ocean view > back view | higher floors = better view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill L
Reviewed July 12, 2018

This hotel was prime location, had a great view or the beach and boardwalk. The hotel is close to all the action but far enough that it was not overly noisy! Staff was very nice and overall hotel was clean.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ashley F, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thank you for your kind review! We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that you had a great time while you were here! It is my hope that you will return the next time you are in Ocean City. We love to have new additions to the HJ Plaza family! Have a safe and enjoyable summer, Best Regards!

Reviewed July 10, 2018

the hotel staff was wonderful any questions i had about my stay were answered in a very timely way to my great satisfaction. Housekeeping was outstanding when i had an issue with my grandson they handled it it a very timely manner. The pool and jacuzzi area was up to standard. I would recommend this hotel to everybody. The food at their restaurant was not the best. Pizza was ok but better at the Dough Roller

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ashley F, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Thank you for your kind review and feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and had a great interaction with our staff! We hope that you will return the next time you are in Ocean City, MD! Have a safe and happy summer!

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

As soon as we walked in, Edward the receptionist greeted us with pleasant smile. My husband and I planned a spontanious weekeend not realizing that it was the holiday weekend. He gave us great quote with a beautiful view and ensured us that would be the best quote that we could find. He was absolute right! Great hospitality, great staff!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Just an Excellent staff and location. I’ve stayed at most places up and down the boardwalk and the newer openings but keep coming back here. The staff is great. The bistro brother owners are so nice. It’s just a nice family friendly property. Right in front of a life guard stand.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family