We arrived on a Wednesday in late May. Since it was midweek and before the busy season, we had no trouble getting a room.
We requested a non-smoking room. The last “non-smoking” room we stayed in had a smell of stale smoke (Comfort Inn, Indiana, Pa), so we wanted to make sure the room was up to our standards. We asked about the room. A staff member gave us a key and told us to check out the room.
Fortunately, there was no smell of smoke in our room. Our room was an efficiency and was very clean. The room had two double beds. The mattresses were firm and there were plenty of pillows. Included with the room was a flat-screen TV. There was a pullout sofa and a table with four chairs.
There was a walkout balcony. There were two plastic chairs on the balcony, which had a view of the ocean.
There was a stove, a microwave, a 10-cup coffeemaker and a nice-sized refrigerator. Cabinets with silverware and plates were included.
The bathroom was decent-sized with a nice mirror. The water pressure on the shower was adequate.
The only complaint that I had was the key card for the room. I have used key cards many times, but for some reason the key for our room was very sensitive. With a little patience, I finally was able to unlock the door after three or four "swipes."
Although we did not get to use it, there is a nice pool and plenty of seating by the pool. There are tables with umbrellas.
The room was $75 plus tax and included a free breakfast. The rate went up June 1st. Rooms at the beach are not cheap, but the Spinnaker provides nice rooms at reasonable prices.
There was a nice café on the ground floor (Malia's) with inside or outside seating. The food was good and for us and reasonably priced (free!).
We will return to the Spinnaker, probably during the off-season, when the rates are lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spinnaker has all full efficiency units that sleep to six people per unit. Each unit includes two double beds a pull out sleep sofa double bed, private balcony, fully equipped kitchenette, full bath and private balcony. All units are NON Smoking. All rooms have free WIFI ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your The Spinnaker reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spinnaker Motel Ocean City
- Spinnaker Ocean City Md
- Spinnaker Hotel Ocean City