“They STOLE $400 from us!!!”
Review of Harrison Hall

Harrison Hall
Ranked #21 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We were supposed to stay there this weekend, but we just found out there is a hurricane approaching Ocean City so when we called to cancel they said we had to have called 3 hours earlier to get our money back. Since we were only 69 hours ahead instead of 72 we are now being charged $400 to cancel. I would agree with the policy in some circumstances, but when there is a natural disaster heading there it is ridiculous that they will not be flexible. I would carefully consider this before calling there, because plenty of other hotels I called said they would refund in this circumstance. We will never be giving them another cent of our money.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank will60811

Reviewed 19 August 2011

It is an older Hotel, but on the Board Walk, very clean, friendly staff, Coffee/Hot Chocolate all day available in lobby, and a porch facing the beach with rockers to relax in after eating or walking ect. We also spent time in pool which is very nice, we loved it.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Mrsgreen52
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I was so uncomfortable in this hotel. Stayed 3 nights and barely slept because the beds were so small and I swear they were dirty. After the first night I purposely took all the sheets off and pillowcases and comforter becauce there were nasty orange stains on them, and put them in the hallway for housekeeping to make sure they knew they were filthy and when we got back to our room I inspected our sheets and they were the same one! Same gross stains! I was so grossed out. I called front desk and finally after 4 times they said they would be changed, they came. But who the hell knows if they were clean, staff is rude and all look like crack heads off the street. Only nice part was the pool and the bartender there was the only nice part of thestaff.Neverrrr again. Pictures on website are so deceiving. I even looked at them again after our stay and was still like wow is this the same place. Only reason I didn't complain too much more was because of my 3 year old son. It was his vacation so I sucked it up.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank mwanyo
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Our vacation was postponed twice this year and when I went to book at the last minute the only place on the boardwalk with 2 double beds for that week in our price range was Harrison Hall. I was scared to go after reading all the bad reviews. Very happy about our experience. The room was small (as pictured) but was clean. It had a large walk in closet with a refrigerator and large storage area above great for beach chairs etc. The pillows were smaller than standard size but you get two so its the same difference. The bathroom was very clean and modern. I had no problem with water temperature but the water pressure is low. They have liquid soap dispensers on the wall so bring your own soap and shampoo if you want more than that. The pool was great with nice a little bar that was open everyday (it didn't rain). The pool chairs weren't broken and rusted they were nice white resin.Everyone on staff (front desk, maids, and bartenders) were very friendly and helpful.I didn't hear excessive noise form other people, the maids came everyday and cleaned the room and halls. They have fruit and coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning so you can have a free breakfast on the front porch and watch all the bikers and joggers go by. Even my husband who pooh poohed the idea of the front porch ended up enjoying it in the evenings before we went to bed.The best part is that you are right on the boardwalk close to all the shopping and restaurants and right on the beach. We liked it so much we are going back next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I was a little nervous after reading some reviews, but this hotel was nice! Location, Location, Location! The porch is fabulous loved to just sit and watch the ocean and all the people walking by! It is older ,but it was clean, a.c worked great , it had everything we needed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suzy R
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The hotel is located right on 14th street, in the middle of the boardwalk which is perfect! It has a great big, clean pool with a tiki hut that offers drinks. Their staff are extremely courteous, always there to help (ask for Heather, the manager, she's super!). All day long, especially in the morning they have a huge hot coffee maker where you can get decaf or regular with flavored creamers! During the day or at sunset, there are great big rocking chairs on the porch, right above the boardwalk where you can sit and people watch and watch the beach and ocean waves.....relaxing! The lobby has a computer, like a mini business center, and there are a lot of games you can take back to your room and play! The rooms are average, the mattresses/pillows/chairs are in need of replacement and a possible recarpet would make the place comparable to some of the new competition going up around it (beach plaza). BUT, rooms are very clean, otherwise a good deal for the money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mimslyn
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Me and fiancé stayed there last year and again this year and plan on staying again next year. The rooms are no frills- bed, shower, tv and small fridge but for a couple days at the beach what more do you need? The porch and the pool make up for any shortcomings inthe room!

• Stayed: July 2011