“Wonderful vacation”

Ranked #86 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful vacation”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We loved our stay at the Americana Hotel. Our room was clean and spacious. Nice view of the ocean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Convenient to the boardwalk. Inexpensive. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank sherrymae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 22 August 2011

What I liked:
•it was clean, a good view of the ocean, near the boardwalk and was pretty inexpensive.
What I did NOT like:
•the people at the main desk did nit help with any of our problems and seemed not to know the area, the pool was filthy and small, our outdoor patio had no chairs to sit on.

When ever I go to a hotel I want a nice clean big pool, but no this pool was so small even my 6 year old daughter said it was small. When we wanted to go to a buffet we asked the people at the main desk and they were clueless also when we wanted another roll out bed I asked the front desk and I had to go get it myself and also take it to my room.
But I will say that I loved the view and the location.
If they would perhaps had a better pool I would give them a much better rating but I will not be staying there anytime soon.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Sherleyflower
americanamanager, Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
There is a free "Ocean City visitors guide" and free "Sunny Day Magizine" that highlight all of Ocean City restaurants and amenities ect. We don't claim to have a large indoor pool, it is small, and good for kids. As far as our pool we have a certified pool operator, the pool water is tested three times a day as per rules and regulations of Worcester County. And Worceser County checks the pool on a regularly scheduled basis, and as of today we have no violations, and are in compliance with all health regulations.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 August 2011

large room very clean friendly staff not far from stores parking is a little is hard we stayed at the 6th street location i give it a thumbs up.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank william z
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Actually, we didn't stay here, we stopped in, they said they had a room, and offered to let us see it before we decided. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and I had no problem with her. But when we got off the elevator, there were several huge bags of trash practically blocking the way. When we got in the room, it was terrible. Old and run down. Plusses: The A/C was on and it was at a comfortable temperature. The room had a frig and microwave. Minuses: The wallcovering in the bathroom was ripped. There are cigarette burns in the bedspread and draperies. The worst was the bed. The sheets were yellowed and wrinkled, no blanket, and the pillows were real flimsy. I am not an extremely picky person, I don't need to stay at 'the Ritz' all the time, but I could not imagine getting in that bed or putting my head on that pillow. So we gave the key back and stayed somewhere else. Maybe they were having staffing problems that day, I don't know, all I can say is, that place had some serious housekeeping issues. There seemed to be a lot of people staying there, but it will never be me!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lilcookie
After check out and before check in is the time rooms receive housekeeping and maintenance services; which include trash removal, cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces using a bleach based cleaner ( we use only beach based cleaners) changing linen, housekeeping inspection, and maintenance inspection. Any and all possible issues are addressed during this time. The health and well being of all of our guests is our top priority.
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Booked and paid in full for a two night stay at the Americana Hotel on 10th street in OC, MD. After being on the beach during the second day, we turn to the hotel to find all of our belongings gone. I immediately inform the front desk of the situation. The hotel staff act clueless as what to do. Several minutes later, half of our picked through belongings appear at the front desk in trash bags. The staff have no explanation or justification as to where the rest of our belongings we left in the hotel room. The "President of the Hotel" did not care about the inconveniencece or stolen personal belongings. Police report was filed. Lawsuit has to be filed in order for any compensation. I am a fan of cheap hotels but not dishonest ones. Please do not support this establishment.

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank kateburbs
Kolding, Denmark
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I arrived at the Americana around 3AM, after having been traveling for a good 26 hours from another continent just to get to Ocean City. The hour was of no issue, check-in was fast, considering the season the price was reasonable and the room was very nice, though I wasn't in it for long. Also ok location, not too far from all the goodies by the pier.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank BarefootBay
Finksburg, Maryland
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Come on people, these reviews are a joke! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!! Wake up! This hotel is cheap, considering it is ocean front and on 10th Street, it is a great deal. If you want plush, go to the Hilton, WAY up the boardwalk, oh and expect to pay more than triple the price. Pick what you want, this place is run down, its not luxurious, the workers do not speak English very well and on occasion they do have an attitude. BUT, it is clean, it's cheap, its a good location and it is again CHEAP considering its ocean front and on 10th Street. Stop your whining and go to the Hilton if you want luxury. If you want a decent price and decent location, stay here. We stay here every year, can't beat the price and location.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple