“Awe-some -Shark”

The Shark on the Harbor
Ranked #19 of 471 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$13 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: real food * from scratch We believe that great food and healthful ingredients are not mutually exclusive of each other. We buy organic produce from local farmers and seafood from the commercial fishing harbor right outside our restaurant. We feature all natural products - steering clear of preservatives and antibiotics. Whole grains and whole foods are used in the preparation of our menu - which our chefs write twice daily, based on what's fresh, available and delicious. Fresh. Local. Organic. Taste the difference.
Reviewed October 17, 2017

When you first eye this shark-you think-that's just for advertizing purposes but, is and is not-It is an actual shark caught by a woman- When I see the shark I can't wait to go out on the pier, why, you ask because, when I was there a fisherman shared with us that he had caught 3 middle sized sharks and tossed them back into the ocean-awe-some The ocean has Dolphins-fish and yes sharks-they really do swim near-by but, than again-that is there home

1  Thank Sandra K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)

Reviewed October 16, 2017

This was out second visit, I don't remind what we had the first time, but it was good! This time, however, my husband and I had the crab cake sandwich and were not happy with it. There was too much filler. I definitely would not recommend it.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

We were surprised that on an off-season Wed. evening there was a 15-30 minute wait, but we were able to get full service immediately at the bar. The bartender did a great job of keeping up with serving drinks to servers and bar patrons, and serving dinner to several couples too. He had time to chat with us, and when is the last time you got an amuse bouche while dining at a bar?

We had seared tuna and sea bass entrees, both very good. We could see why this is a busy establishment.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

I eat at restaurants at least 3 times a week, sometimes the food is great, sometimes not so great. The food at The Shark was the worst place I've been to in years. The restaurant is nice, the waiter and wine was excellent but the food was awful! Most of the food had too much of the spice thyme in them, when I taste it I push it away. I had crab cakes that claimed to be made with lump crab, it was not. On the side there was rice and beans with thyme, not eaten. I get steak often, some places will have a strawberry reduction sauce with black pepper or something similar. The Shark rib eye steak had a medium brown almost a turkey gravy on it to cover the fattiest steak I've ever seen. If the owners of The Shark ate there they would immediately fire the entire kitchen staff.

2  Thank sushilover47601
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I recommend this place 2 everyone. Service is great +informed. Everything fresh + changes according 2 what is freshest that day. U can often watch your dinner being offloaded from boat it was caught on. Fabulous!!!

1  Thank Carol R