“Disappointing”

Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Went to this restaurant on a Thursday night at 8PM. I sat at the bar. The service there was excellent. However, I was disappointed that the Raw Bar was closed and, when I ordered their signature dish of Prime Rib, I was told there was none left....this after the bartender had told me how great the dish is. He apologized and seemed embarrassed. Not sure I will be going back! By the way, the substitute entree I ordered was excellent....just not the prime rib I had chosen.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,326)

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Dining at Fager's Island is an event, a real experience for the senses. Sight, sound, taste aren't too overwhelmed but certainly far from average.

Plan ahead. If you go, make reservations for a 2nd floor table and arrive the hour before sunset. The restaurant interior is bathed in a neutral whitewash allowing you to be transported to to a place where the colors of the sunset overlooking the bay really take centerstage. The music selected to accompany the sunset only enhances the experience.

The atmosphere and the service might make you forget your here for food. The appetizers are great, the dinner is amazing and the desserts are more than two people can eat. $$$. Go for your next super special occasion!

1  Thank ALM135
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Was there over the weekend, stopped in for lunch. Had some Oysters that were on the dried out stage. Should not have been served. Pound of shrimp was great. Sunsets are always good at Fagers.

Reviewed January 25, 2018

My husband and I spent most of our summer sipping wine and dancing the nights away. Food is fresh and reasonable, drinks are cold and the bartenders are awesome - especially Joey. Can't wait until summer 2018!

Reviewed January 1, 2018

We were there on the last day of our stay. Totally worth it, especially on a sunny day so you can enjoy the sunset.
Great sunset view. Wonderful service. Splendid food.
Everything you can ask for from a restaurant!

Been to Fager's Island? Share your experiences!