Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$74
Expedia.comUS$74
Hotels.comUS$74
FindHotelUS$74
Orbitz.comUS$74
CheapTicketsUS$74
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2020

We stayed at Tidelands again for our fall visit in 2020 and unfortunately I think this will be our last visit.

First I was happy that our room was ready for early check-in. They had plexiglass up around the front desk and signs posted about masks being required, but the staff at the desk was never wearing masks - which doesn't make sense.

Then, we had a side-view room which viewed North beside the Hooter's. It was a good view for the car parade down the boardwalk each morning. What wasn't good, was that a trash truck comes to empty a huge dumpster right beside the hotel EVERY morning at 6am (multiple LOUD slams) which not only woke us up, but my friends staying ocean front, as well.

The room just wasn't up to par this time. Here are some things we noticed - the bottom of the sheer curtains were filthy. Our shower curtain had spots of mold (which I'm allergic to). The shower near the faucet was rusted. The shower water did not stay hot and often went cold/hot/cold/hot while showering. The lamp shade in between the beds was all dusty. The safe was locked which was fixed rather quickly. The couch looked really gross and the cushions seemed to be too small - if you want to sit on the couch, bring a sheet or something to put over it.

The hallway on our floor (3) once had two large clumps of hair that stayed for 2 days. And a dirty washcloth on another day.

They have a sign posted on the desk that says during COVID, they will only send the cleaning service to your room mid-stay "upon request". On day 1, we just requested more towels. By our 2nd day, I asked if we could request cleaning when we left for dinner and was told yes. As we left for dinner, another person at the desk said "They will only come into your room if something is broken" - which was the opposite of what I was told. I later mentioned this to a man at the desk who seemed to be a manager and he said he'd "speak to them about it". This policy regarding maid service needs to be explained at check-in. The sign on the desk was not in front of where I checked in, and nobody explained it to us.

Lastly, having 1 elevator in the ocean front building is painfully slow. We usually took the steps down but often had a long wait for the elevator. Also, the parking lot is really tight if you have a large vehicle and the overflow lot is a couple blocks away.

One last note - our friend's room thermostat didn't work at all. It stayed about 67 in their room.

Positives were obviously location - and the Crabcake Factory poolside is awesome for evening drinks (but they are now closed for the season as of 10/10).

Unfortunately, given all of the negatives, I don't think we'll stay here again. It was also noticeably MORE expensive than or stay 1 year ago, and without maid service. During a pandemic, you would hope a hotel is doing extra cleaning and keeping everything looking spotless, and this is just not the case at Tidelands. Check out Park Place if you want something nearby that's much cleaner.

Date of stay: October 2020
Management response:Responded October 14, 2020

Hi Catgrrl! Thank you so much for the review. We are very sorry to hear that your visit with us did not meet your expectations. We will take all of these concerns into consideration for future guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2020

Late June visit 2020-I refrained for many weeks posting a review as we felt bad for the hotel staff working like crazy handling customer complaints, it seems complaints are common for this place. As most have mentioned we had a late check in and got to our room around 4:45. I had requested 5th floor, and was given second floor. We went to our room and got ready for our dining reservations. As my family walked out the door and down the elevator I noticed our room door did not lock. I couldn't leave my room unlocked while we weren't in it. I saw a staff member who said he would get me help. (please keep in mind my family is waiting for our 6:00 dining reservations). No one comes, I then call down to the front desk and they get maintenance to our room ASAP and had to reprogram the lock which took a few minutes and caused us to be late for our dining reservations and dinner cruise. I did go back and complain to the front desk when we got back and I did receive a very nice credit back to my account for the inconvenience. Then we went to bed, again on the 2nd floor right about a crazy 3D place which thumped surround sound until 2 am if not longer. It was so loud and annoying each night we stayed. Lastly, we were getting ready to check out and at 10:00 am the front desk comes to tell us a repair guy is on his way to look at our bathroom because it was leaking from a room above. Just a horribly run down place. I am surprised the staff will even stay on board in the future. Too many customers with too many complaints! Do not stay here!

Date of stay: June 2020
Management response:Responded September 3, 2020

Hi Schooie77! We appreciate your review and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. We will take your concerns into consideration and work with your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2020

Avoid this place if you are staying in OCMD. Never have I upped and left a hotel, but we did this one. We waited 20 mins past check in for our room to be ready. Once it was finally ready we get on the elevator when an employee hopped on as well without a mask (he had one hanging around his neck and keep in mind that there are signs plastered all over their hotel to wear a mask). We get to our room and greeted with an overwhelming aroma of cleaning chemicals (so much so that I start gagging) and a wet floor from when they mopped. Moldy ceilings. My husband and I were either out and about or sitting on the deck so we hadn't touched the bed yet. I go to get under the covers and noticed it felt like sand was in the bed. I thought somehow I tracked it in. So I peel back the other side of the covers and it feels the same way. Not to mention there are hairs on the sheets! I got someone's used, dirty bedding!!! I call the front desk and the front desk manager answers with attitude and sends a man up with fresh linens so that I can change the bedding. At this point I have been stewing and decide to march myself down to the front desk to tell them that we are leaving and want a refund. Never once did these people apologize (except for the poor man that knocked on the door to give me the bedding) for all of these issues. Not to mention the lady at the desk as well as the front desk manager weren't wearing their masks. Save yourself the headache and stay across the street at Comfort Inn. At least they have clean bedding!

Room tip: Don't stay here.
Date of stay: August 2020
Management response:Responded August 31, 2020

Hello D1681Dchristinas. We appreciate your review and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. We will take your concerns into consideration and work with your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2020 via mobile

First impression, was that this place was not clean. Because of covid, we had already planned on wiping everything down. But we probably should have just went somewhere else. The mold was everywhere, the burners were old and unkept, there were greasy plates from previous guests, the tub had a covering stuck the bottom to cover up the stains. Sand in "freshly" made beds. The sofa bed had a yellow stain. Came with no extra blanket or pillow. Took over 2 hours to get towels brought up. Left a day early. It just did not feel "comfortable " we were on vacation and night 1 we already couldn't wait to go home.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded August 14, 2020

Hello Jenmel26! We appreciate your review and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. We will take your concerns into consideration and work with your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2020

We had stayed here 6 years ago with no issues. This time, not so much. Staff was not rude, but somewhat aloof. Our room was not ready until 4:30 for a 4:00pm check in. Room had mold in many places, one night there was a leak above us into our bathroom at midnight, the room across the hall had a smoke alarm going off all night and no one really seemed to care, it smelled clean but wasn’t really, I asked for extra towels and washcloths since there was no housekeeping and we didn’t have enough; called down in the morning and had to corner someone in the hall at 5:00pm to get them, elevator seemed super unsafe, just really dated and not well taken care of. We decided to come back to Tidelands to be closer to the action for our kids - we will be back to Paradise Plaza Inn next year!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded August 3, 2020

Hello Erica2843. We appreciate your review and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. We will take your concerns into consideration and work with your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.