“this place needs to be condemned”
Review of Plim Plaza Hotel

Plim Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 21 March 2012

we have stayed a few times for my wife's family get togethers and while the staff is very nice the rooms are horrendous . Our last stay we spent the extra money to get a porch room hoping it was in better condition than the rest of the place , it wasnt .The AC broke 3 times and had to be replaced once at about 2am .The window in the bathroom was busted and one of the windows was half way out of the frame . The floor in the bathroom smelled of mold and the floor was spongy , my foot went right through it . It was all together dirty too . We had to wait an extra hour to get the room because they were "cleaning" it . There was debris on the floor after the "cleaning" and an extra hours wait for them to do nothing .Dont go here unless you like a dilapidated hotel , if this place wasnt on the Boardwalk it would have been raised long ago .

3  Thank drube77

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I've been staying at The PLim Plaza for years. Last year was my last.
The rooms were dirty, the staff was rude. The entire week we stayed neither the pool or the jacuzis were cleaned.
You could see hair and oils floating on top. Horrible.
Lastly we got woken up at 4:00 am in the morning by a fire alarm which was a false fire alarm, but everyone had to be evacuated cause some ex. employee got fired supposedly and wanted to go out with a big bang.
You get what you pay for!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank JBosco3
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The Plim Plaza Hotel proves each year to be a reliable ,reasonable and comfortable place for us to stay after Labor Day. The building is far from new but well kept and clean with a homey feeling.The staff are polite and positive ,friendly folks and not lazy.The price suits us fine and allows us a nice summer's end vacation spot on the beach and close to everything important offerring a clean and large pool , a nice tiki bar with good live music. There is an"all you can eat restaurant on the lower floor of good quality."Each year my wife and I are very satisfied with the Plim Plaza Hotel. Many people would never be satisfied nor could they under any conditions but to be fair this is a good deal all around.Maybe more money could get you better or a different location but that's always an option.

4  Thank kevin a
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed at Plim Plaza Labor Day weekend. Chose this hotel because it is right on the boardwalk and close to the beach. Convenient location but dirty, unkept hotel. Our room had two double beds and was extremely small and smelled of mildew. Very uncomfortable feeling walking into the room; maybe because it was so small; maybe because it had poor air flow? They have three hot tubs and one we noticed had a green foamy substance floating around the edges. All three hot tubs were full of sand. The restaurant was a confusing mess and the food was cold. Our last day there my husband woke up early in the morning extremely sick. Had to leave his vehicle in OC and have a family member pick it up since he was weak and nausiated. Took him to ER twice after our stay. Received three phone messages about unconfirmed legionella outbreak. It has since been confirmed. Apparently this is not the first hotel in OC to have a legionella outbreak; my only advice is to go with your gut feeling when you stay at an unfamiliar place. If it doesn't feel right...leave!

8  Thank HugsFam
Reviewed 6 October 2011

this place is on the news right now for having people who stayed form sep.1 - sep. 20th getting sick with a type of pneumonia! I checked in on the 1st and seen the room/halls/ SMELL ( musty/ bug spray type smell) mold around the light fixtures, no place in the bathroom to set things at all no counter. no microwave... bed were disgusting!!! sickening! I was inspecting for bed bugs and i found fleas... HORRIBLE!!! I went to the desk to get a refund and they would not give me back my first nights stay but refunded for the rest of the week and I then stayed at TIDELAND carribeans! PLEASE JUST DONT WASTE UR MONEY ... and to see this place on the news for this thing doesnt even surprise me. DO THEY EVEN GET INSEPCTED?????

6  Thank jessicaa871
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This hotel is older, the halls are worn and the rooms are small but they are kept clean and the staff is very nice. The pool is quite nice and the outdoor bar is a great place to relax with friends.

Room Tip: The rooms that are facing the beach with Queen size beds are the better rooms. They have newer wind...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lori E
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I just spent the weekend at the Plim and was very disappointed. The people were very nice and thank God I did not have to spend alot of time in our room. I spent most of my time on the porch because of the size of the room. I was shocked at the condition of the halls when I got off the elevator on the 4th floor. The hallways were a disgrace. The rugs were filthy and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. There was no table in the room so if you wanted to sit and have a bite to eat you had to eat on the bed. The bed was horrible. From what I could see of the hot tub from my window they were all rusted. They had three. The pool was nice but it rained the entire weekend so I couldn't swim. It was my first trip to OC and it will be my last trip to the Plim. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends