Plim Plaza Hotel
Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$136
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$155
HIExpress.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$179
Dunes Manor Hotel, Court & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$146
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$188
Comfort Inn Gold Coast(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$145
Hotels.com
US$176
US$203
US$194
Paradise Plaza Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$249
Orbitz.com
The Spinnaker(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$174
Travelocity
All reviewscaribbean poolpaul reveremug and malletpool and pool barrocking chairslive entertainmentcan't beat the locationpeople watchgreat poolan older hotelbike weekthe past yearsdakotaporchsmorgasbordsummerremodeling
Reviewed May 29, 2012

i stayed at the Plim Plaza aprox.12 summers ago and never went back until I went to the beach over Memorial Day and my co-worker was staying there and I met her at the bar/restaurant they have there. She and her boyfriend were staying there and were very upset over how disgusting and dirty the room was. I told her I wish I knew she was staying there I would of warned her! We all went up and checked out the room and it was as I remembered only alot worse. Paint peeling off, dirty smelling, mold in bathroom, for God's sake how are they passing inspections? They need to tear it down and start over! Great location but don't let that fool you. Been going to OC for over 20 years shop around many decent clean hotels close to the boardwalk. Don't take the risk of getting sick.

Room Tip: Spinnaker on I think 18th street awesome. Safari on boardwalk, not fancy but clean and reasonable. Stowaway Grand hotel on Boardwalk, beautiful, great rates for Ocean front.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TerryandKathy
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great location, but will not stay there again until improvements are complete. The smell in the hallway was a rancid combination of Final Net Hair Spray (from the 70’s), Old English, Mold, Body Odor and Heat. Although they were making improvements to the pool deck, they were patching carpet in the hallway which implies the smells are there to stay. The first thing I did in the room was clean dried toothpaste off of the metal shelf. The cleaning staff was friendly, but do not understand common courtesy. One morning at 8am, we were awakened by a maintenance man talking very loudly on his cell phone while he paced up and down the hallway. Another day, I was walking behind a cleaning person who walked very slowly. She would not speak nor allow me to pass her. Cushions on lobby furniture were stained and the furniture did not match. The beautiful front porch is full of cigarette smoke...all day long. The room was tiny, but had new windows, new shower insert and tile, new carpet (although dirty), good A/C and the configuration of closets and bathrooms insulated it from adjacent room noise. The staff was super sweet, and we met several nice people in the lobby area.

You have a great location, dedicated staff, and guests who would pay a bit more if changes were made: I recommend - replacement of all hallway materials, no-smoking enforcement on front and back porch, new sheets that fit snuggly to the bed (slide off when you turn and expose you to mattress), train cleaning and maintenance staff on hospitality, reward front desk staff for hospitality, enforce a uniform (matching shirts for all staff), offer discount coupon to guests for food or drink at your pool bar to encourage use. Replace the furniture in lobby with quality materials that match - to encourage use. You are doing a lot of things right, and I wish you well.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere until improvements are complete.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PKM99
Reviewed May 26, 2012

When we checked in, we could tell the staff was overworked and undertrained - from waiting in line until our time came to check in, I kept envisioning the soup nazi... "No ROOM for YOU!"

That was the hightlight of our stay at this pit of stale cigarrette smoke, moldy carpeting and "forgiving" floorboards, but wait the best is yet to come!

Every time the people in the room above us flushed their toilet, water cascaded down our wall.

We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

This place needs to be razed and a new property built. With all the money pouring into OC, there should be regular inspections of hotels. The inspector or licensing agent who certified this place as safe needs to be investigated.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank IntrepidFromDC
Reviewed March 21, 2012

we have stayed a few times for my wife's family get togethers and while the staff is very nice the rooms are horrendous . Our last stay we spent the extra money to get a porch room hoping it was in better condition than the rest of the place , it wasnt .The AC broke 3 times and had to be replaced once at about 2am .The window in the bathroom was busted and one of the windows was half way out of the frame . The floor in the bathroom smelled of mold and the floor was spongy , my foot went right through it . It was all together dirty too . We had to wait an extra hour to get the room because they were "cleaning" it . There was debris on the floor after the "cleaning" and an extra hours wait for them to do nothing .Dont go here unless you like a dilapidated hotel , if this place wasnt on the Boardwalk it would have been raised long ago .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank drube77
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I've been staying at The PLim Plaza for years. Last year was my last.
The rooms were dirty, the staff was rude. The entire week we stayed neither the pool or the jacuzis were cleaned.
You could see hair and oils floating on top. Horrible.
Lastly we got woken up at 4:00 am in the morning by a fire alarm which was a false fire alarm, but everyone had to be evacuated cause some ex. employee got fired supposedly and wanted to go out with a big bang.
You get what you pay for!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family