My fiancee & I stayed there for one night, spring 2012. We were going to a wedding in OC and wanted a cheap place to stay. Well, we got exactly what we paid for: cheap. As my fiancee said, you can be a cheap hotel and put forth an effort, or you can just be a cheap hotel. This one was the latter. No proper shower head in the shower; no 50-cent shampoo/conditioner sampler bottles; 2 miniscule bath towels for 2 people; "seating" at the table in the room consisted of 2 indoor/outdoor plastic greebn flimsy chairs; "view" was overlooking the pool (which had about 9 inches of green water in it and a few potted plants that had either blown into the pool or thrown in by someone-and never removed). Positives about the Islander: location (20th street), the king-size bed (comfortable), and the curtains did a good job blocking out the light. However, the Islander is right on Coastal Hwy-and you can hear all the street traffic. If you're a light sleeper, take some earplugs. You can also hear your neighbors, as the wood paneled walls were very unsuccessful in blocking noise. This reminds me of a hotel for senior week-ers, but I won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a family owned and operated business, we understand how important it is to keep our customers completely satisfied. From our flexibledaily, weekly and monthly rates to our spacious, quiet lodgings, we are the perfect location for a great vacation! UNDER New Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and Booking.com so you can book your The Islander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Ocean City
- Islander Motel Ocean City
- Islander Hotel Ocean City