“Could have been better; could have been worse”

Crystal Sands Motel
Ranked #56 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Merlin
“Could have been better; could have been worse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

GOOD
Cheap
Location
Clean
BAD
Tiny out dated room
Limited amenities
(No shampoo, hair dryer, tissues)
Attitude of some desk personnel
1/2 parking 2 blocks away
No pool

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sabababba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

Checked in and took kids to put them to sleep. Pulled out couch bed to find human urine all over sheets and mattress. Owner wouldn't even get out of his chair to come look at it. Sent a parking lot security employee to put a thin mattress cover on it. Disgusting, like I'm gonna let my two and three year old children sleep in somebody's urine. I was responded to in a rude and completely unprofessional manner. Do not stay here it is a dirty motel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank universityhair

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

I was really pleased with the Motel, a great find! The location is perfect, very close to the beach for an affordable price. Room was bright and clean. The staff are lovely, the girl at the desk was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lulu60795
new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

This is one of the cheapest motels/hotels in Ocean City and I regret not paying a few extra bucks for a better one. This motel is right behind a night club parking lot. Someone urinated by our window and the air conditioning blew it into our first floor room. We had 5 people in a room and it was really really small. Flies and mosquitoes were flying around our room the whole time. The parking lot is in front and very tight. The young girl I spoke to on the phone was polite and I asked her if there was a sofa bed in the room she said yes and called me back later to tell me there isn't one. She also told us when we got there that there was additional parking in the back and we got yelled at because it is only parking for the club.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank cheapowned
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

Since we are on a very limited budget, I was looking for a motel within our price range, but within reasonable walking distance to the beach/boardwalk. This place worked out great.

The man at the front desk was very friendly when I arrived. Check in was easy, and when I got to our room, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, in a no frills kind of way. Everybody that worked there was very nice to us during our stay.

Love the location. Only one block from the beach and the boardwalk, on 17th street. No problems getting across Baltimore Avenue, being most of the traffic is on Coastal Highway.

Only problem I had was the parking. Had to park in the secondary parking lot, which is 1.5 blocks away, across Coastal Highway. Other than that, I don't have any complaints.

Next time we go to Ocean City, I will definitely be staying at the Crystal Sands.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank PrplePanther
the dale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

they knew we were gonna drink at senior week, they were very cool about it, just as long as we didnt take it outside.. the nighttime security guard carlee was awesome.. best time of my life..

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank petrie3
Joppa, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2009

This was one of the cheapest motels I could find on the web for a one night stay so I really didn't expect anything fancy. The man at the front desk was very nice. The rooms were small and there was a very strong smell of pine sol or some lemon cleaner. The windows wouldn't open very much. The beds did make my husband and I itch. But the room was very clean, no bugs. The location was great, walking distance to places like dunken donuts, all you can eat buffetts and the boardwalk. The only reason I wouldn't stay there again is there is no pool, which is amust with small kids.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family