“Great place”

Barn 34
Ranked #25 of 471 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast. It's the first meal of the day. It's the best meal of the day. Well for some, it might just be a bagel or whatever's quick but for us it's whatever's most delicious. At Bar 34, we wanted to eat breakfast for all meals of the day, and opened our doors just to prove that we could! We're talking French toast with flavor, eggs so perfectly cooked they almost melt in your mouth. Hot pancakes, like pillows for syrup and butter, toasted bread that's crunchy with just the right amount of give. If you're in for a pancake or if you're in for the monstrosity that we call the hangover, you're always in for a breakfast to remember, at any time of the day. We've got lunch, really good lunch. Dinner too, our new chef takes pride in sourcing the freshest local ingredients to serve gourmet burgers, fresh fish items and more. Barn 34, our menu is 34 reasons to come visit.
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in with my wife for a drink and a small bite to eat
Bartender Rodney was fantastic
Both the Manhattan I ordered and my wife’s Cosmo were very good
My wife had wings and I had the Fish Tacos and both were excellent
Had a chance to meet the owners Mike and Mary Anne and enjoyed visiting with them
Great atmosphere and feel to this place

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We’ve eaten at Barn 34 a few times and the food is consistently good. The staff is friendly and, other than a long line at times, it is definitely worth eating there. There are also televisions at both bars if you want to watch games on the weekend.

Try the Cap’n Crunch French toast. They also have açaí bowls. The bloody Marie’s are very good. The egg/crab specials are very good.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Very cute busy restaurant in Ocean City on main boulevard. Had the Crab Benedict that had a tablespoon of crab on it that they then charged $19 for it. They had a similar menu item for $14 so I thought that would be the price. When I asked about it management informed me they measure their Crab and it was 2 ounces. Which was very hard to believe. Because it was only little specs of Crab. I should have asked about price because $19 for a basically Crab less Benedict has me out here writing a review. I did observe serving sizes are big here. My friends meal (omelette) she said was mediocre. Her toast was burnt. We asked for crispy potatoes and received barely cooked on both our plates and then they brought us extremely well done potatoes that were beyond crispy. We were really just trying to have a relaxing what we hoped would be yummy breakfast on a Sunday. I would not come back here. Front of house was very nice when we arrived.

1  Thank AdventurerMN
Reviewed October 1, 2017

We had lunch one day and breakfast another. Both were very good but the breakfast just edged out the lunch.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

It was a slow day with few customers, so I believe we got the full attention of our Waiter and Bar Tender. The food was excellent. I had the Fish Tacos and my wife had the Barn Burger. The fish tacos were mahi mahi in a parmesan crusted tortilla with boom boom sauce. I think it would have been better with a stronger tasting fish, like catfish but they were very good. I could have eaten just the tortilla and been happy. The boom boom sauce was tasty and rather mild in the spice category. My wife's burger was just the way she likes it. Barn 34 sells some bottled sauces that were unique - we bought two. The one compliant I have was that our Waiter pressed a bit too hard to buy liquor-based drinks. We had one with tequila and muddled blackberries and it was very tasty. However, we would have been happy with iced tea in the middle of the day. The music was great (mostly 50's sand 60's). It was loud enough to hear and sing along but soft enough to hold a normal conversation. Bravo! They have a live band in the evening, which I always find too loud and try to avoid. The prices were very manageable - middle range. All in all, I found Barn 34 to be very good - I would go back but would avoid tequila at lunch.