All reviews great location room was clean front office last minute trip senior week definitely stay here again house keeping short walk to the beach mini fridge parking lot family vacation summer rates proximity housekeeper maryland
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Our family visited OC for a long weekend to spend time together before our daughter left for boot camp. South Beach provided a nice living room and a dining room table so we could eat meals together without spending a lot of money in restaurants. It's location is perfect for those who can walk about a 1/2 mile to the beach crossing 2 busy streets without signals. (Might be hard to cross if you have small children and a lot of stuff.)

The pictures on the website are exactly what the room looked like. And the washed /dyer combo made coming home to do laundry non-existent!!

We enjoyed our stay but was a little disappointed with the room for the price we paid for 3 nights!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2016

Hello,
It's so nice that you were able to enjoy some vacation time in our brand new South Beach Apartments before your daughter left for boot camp. Please tell her we thank her for serving! I'm sorry you were unaware of the crosswalk locations. There is actually one less than a 1/2 block north from South Beach that has a light and a crosswalk on Philadelphia Ave. As you cross Baltimore Ave. on your way over to the beach and boardwalk, there is one on each corner, but the south one has a light and crossing signal as well. I know this would have made things easier for you! I'm unsure of the dates of your stay. Was there a special event in town or in season recently? Prices increase as occupancy does and the season. I'm thinking this must be the case. Thank you for your candid review. I hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

This hotel is just a block away from the boardwalk & the beach, and its at great spot along the boardwalk - right in the midst of the shops, not far down from the rides. The room was clean & ready when we got there. Staff is very friendly - Deborah in particular is really kind & attentive to her guests. Would definitely come back for future stays!

Room Tip: Rooms are small, but perfect for shower/regroup after the beach & sleeping
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2016

Good morning Dedvenusblu,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and pointing out all the great things we have to offer! I'll pass your comment along to Deborah. She's been here over 14 years and is like family to guests who will only stay in her section. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

I booked this for our high school seniors and they had a great time. The staff from time of reservation to check in was excellent. There were a few things that I wished we knew ahead of time like me as the parent having to be there at check in, however when I called Deb took care of that. The location is excellent and they felt like they could just relax and hang out. It was nice that other seniors were there as well because that way they didn't have to worry so much about disturbing families. It was great for them to have a full kitchen which they used and ate in so they didn't spend their money eating out. My son even recommended it for our family vacation. Thank you for giving them a great Senior Week.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Hi Lonnie,

It was a pleasure speaking with you. I'm happy to have helped you out and to hear that your son enjoyed it so much he wants to come back with the family. The South Beach Apartments are pretty sweet as is our Madison House. I hope we get a visit from you the next time you are in Ocean City.

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Awesome. Had a horrible experience with the manager at the shoreham hotel down the street. Came here the workers are respectful knowledge able room is great and that's all we ask for on a vacation. My stay is not over yet but after my experience at the shoreham hotel. I am sincerely thanking this hotel before my leave Thank you (Madison Beach Motel)

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Hi George,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to have you as our guests. It's rewarding to all of us to have such positive feedback. We hope you'll visit again when in OC.

Reviewed June 14, 2016

I booked the "South Beach Apartment" for our group of high school graduates and overall we had a great experience. We booked around Nov (for June stay). Reservations were smooth, put down a deposit and got our group of 8 kids organized and created a payment plan (installments paid over 3 months).

Check-in went pretty smooth. The only reason I don't give an "excellent" review is because they wouldn't allow me to check-in (Me, the parent who's credit card everything was on), until the lead "student" was present. Once the kids were there they reviewed all rules (no drugs, alcohol, etc..), wristbands for ID so they know who belongs on the property (there's a security guard who patrols), pool, free ice, free coffee in office, room keys, etc...

Now the important part--the place! It is right in downtown/old town--as soon as you enter OC from Rt. 50 bridge and while the office property looks old on the outside, it was really nice inside. The South Beach apts were remodeled in 2015 so the apartment looked brand new! Nice floors, nice stocked kitchen, washer/dryer, decent size bedroom with closet and ceiling fans, place has AC, wi-fi, breakfast bar and a full kitchen table, living area had a sofa, two chairs and flat screen TVs on the walls. One bathroom for 8 people to share but it was clean, nice, new! Price on the high-side but they are renting to teenagers so I don't mind paying a bit more. Kids were totally safe. Only bad thing was lots of their friends were "uptown" in the high streets but they took the bus back-and-forth with ease. Apt also has a little balcony with 3 chairs so the kids enjoyed hanging out on the balcony too. One block from the boardwalk...and senior friendly. You don't have to worry about a family complaining about noise (and kids getting kicked out)--quiet hour after 10:30pm. I think once the security guard had to ask them to chill but they weren't hassled and they respected the security guard and the property.

check out when well--after turning in keys they came right over for a quick inspection.

I highly recommend this place. And not just for seniors! It was a really nice apartment...would be good for a small family too (just not in June when the seniors are there!).

Room Tip: South Beach Apartments
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2016

Hi Birdiesbox,

I'm pleased to hear that everything went smooth at the South Beach Apartments. We're really proud of them. They give great, new, large accommodations downtown where all the action as. I couldn't describe the apartments any better than you did! Truly appreciate you taking time to review us.