Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$75
HIExpress.comUS$75
PricelineUS$75
FindHotelUS$75
Hotels.comUS$75
StayForLongUS$86
All reviews front desk good nights sleep room was clean hotel staff maryland
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2020

We booked the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in West Ocean city for two nights. We were just looking for a quick family getaway with our two kids and our small dog. The first day we arrived, we checked in at 3pm (the listed check in time for the hotel), the lady behind the desk was very helpful and friendly. She then proceeded to tell us that it was a $25 pet fee per day. I didn't see that listed anywhere when I booked, but I chalked it up to missing it. They make you sign a contract with all your contact info just in case something happens with the dog. No biggie. Well, we dropped off our things and the dog, since we wanted to go get dinner. No sooner did we park for dinner (less than 5 min way) than we received a call from the hotel. The gentleman said our dog was having some separation anxiety and wouldn't stop barking. He said some people that were working night shift were trying to sleep and they complained. He went on to say that the dog had been barking for 45min. I said "we haven't been gone even 10min" he snapped back "well, people are complaining about it!" So we all got back into the car, arrived back at the hotel and low and behold- it wasn't our dog! My husband gave the front desk a piece of his mind and we left for dinner again. That night, when we arrived back, we went to shower, I noticed one of the little shelves in the shower was broken and just sitting on the tub and there was no shampoo, conditioner or body wash. We made due for the first night figuring once the room was cleaned the next day, all would be refilled. The next morning we woke up early in hopes of a nice breakfast at the hotel...well everything is behind the desk and it's basically just coffee. Ok, I guess that's to be expected because of COVID, but then don't advertise breakfast! We arrived back the second night after spending the day at the beach (with the dog) and the room hadn't been cleaned. Called the front desk and got shampoo and conditioner and felt very thankful we were leaving the next day. Since our room was paid through Hotels.com we didn't have to worry about anything at check out- or so we thought. The icing on the cake is that I just looked and I now have a $294 pending charge on my card. For what you ask, since we clearly already paid? Well I called and they don't know either. I'm waiting on a call back from the manager. They seriously need to get their act together!

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank alexandramG8980PN
Brandon Morris, Owner at Holiday Inn Express and Suites West Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2020

Alexandra,
I am sorry to hear about your experience while you were here at the property. This year with Covid 19 has been a rather difficult year and we are all still learning what we can and cannot do to keep the virus from spreading. We had posted on the desk the new procedures about stay over service only being done every 4 days. If you want to have daily service you need to let us know in advance. It is the CDC's recommendation to limit the amount of contact between our staff and the guest to help keeping everyone safe. Unfortunately the same thing is for breakfast. We would love to be able to still have the full hot breakfast like before the virus, but due to local health codes we can only serve items that are pre-packaged. We are looking forward to going back to the way of life we had before the virus, but for now we are doing all we can to keep from spreading the virus to any of our guests. I am sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your last stay and do hope that you will come back again and see we are better than your last stay with us.

Reviewed May 21, 2020 via mobile

Stayed here during corona craziness.This is in Maryland so more stringent.was asked for a letter showing travel necessary.room was just ok.they gave us 1 st floor ,traveling with small dog.front desk manned by some of the nicest people.enjoyed speaking with black lady manning front desk.she made us feel welcomed.the requirement of staff with face shield seemed a little much.the hotel was also offering rooms for homeless,which was nice.the only negative is 25 dollars per NIGHT,for my pup.

Date of stay: May 2020
Reviewed November 28, 2019

On the mainland, just west of the bridge to Ocean City. This gets you close without the extremely high prices. The pool was advertised as heated but was very chilly. The staff did not rectify this when told. The room was clean and quiet.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed October 27, 2019 via mobile

We decided to not stay overnight in OC, so I was able to score a reward night here. Conveniently located near the Outlet Mall and shopping. A few places within walking distance. The West Ocean City Harbor is probably less than a couple of miles from the hotel. Quite a few bars and restaurants there. Our room was comfortable, everything worked and we had a good nights sleep.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BMorris94, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites West Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2019

We are very happy to see that you were able to love your time here in West Ocean City. Even with the weather turning a bit cooler there are many great things still going on in West OC. We cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2019

This hotel was advertised as a "new" Holiday Inn Express. It may be a new HI however it was definitely not a new build. Our room (206) had a completely updated bathroom and new furniture however the carpet was definitely not new. The lobby had a new paint job and new furniture but the floor was tired. My SIL stayed in 213 and her bathroom was very old and dated. I assume they are in the midst of renovating everything however I wouldn't anticipate much changing over the busy summer season. It took me a long time to find a suitable property in Ocean City. I found many of the options (including motels, hotels, VRBOs, condos, etc) to be very tired and dated, have limited parking options (we were arriving by car so that was important). I got a great rate ($85 a night in June) so overall I was pleased with the property although it was nothing special.It is a good location and walkable to things. We used the exercise room and it was adequate although one day there were no towels. They also only had a water fountain. The breakfast did have a lot of options and the staff was very friendly. Parking was plentiful. Overall a nice stay.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Brandon M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites West Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2019

I would like to thank you for your valuable feed back on your recent stay with us. We do highly value all of our guest and your thoughts help us address changes needed and how to better ourselves over all.
We are a new built property that opened about three years ago. Your friends were in a handicap accessible room which is why their bathroom was different than yours. In rooms designed for ADA use there are different requirements and more grab bars in all areas. Also we are working on improving the breakfast selections and layout as well. You will find parking in ocean city to be restrictive like you said. Many properties limit parking and those on the ocean have remote parking lots that are a block away.
I would like to thank you again for your recent stay with us and we do hope we can welcome you back again soon.