3,028 results
All reviewsindoor poolocean frontpool levelconvenience storebedroom condoarcade gamesparking garageoff seasonfull kitchenhot tubbeach accesstrip to ocean cityfamily vacationschooneratriumtubsbalcony
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Hotel Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel provided all amenities I look for: Nice big Indoor Pool, immediate access to the Beach, exercise room, games for the kids, adult lounge for the evening, convenience store, friendly helpful service. Was also able to and encouraged to use the facilities before and after check-in and check-out which creates a comfortability connection to the hotel. Service was good, location was excellent. Take a dip in the indoor pool, get out walk 30 seconds and jump in the Ocean. Enjoyed the patio bar and the beautiful view from the room. Decor,especially carpets need refurbishing, but hotel was clean. I would definitely recommend and stay at Princess Royale again.

Room Tip: With kids, have room facing pool. If adult romance, face the ocean
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Service was quite good and the employees were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and the the pool area was great. Excellent view of the beach. Very close to places of worship, shopping and restaurants(highly recommend Higgins near 128 Street. Great crabs and service and the pricess were reasonable.) The guitar player near the bar on the beach was great!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank m h
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My family and I just wrapped up our annual trip to Ocean City. We almost always stay at the Princess Royale however I never took the time to write a review. The staff is so friendly and accomodating, I told myself this time I will write a review. I travel for a living and stay in my fair share of hotels and resorts, at least one a month. I have yet to find a more pleasant staff or enjoyable stay than at the Princess Royale. From the moment you walk in the door, you are treated like the most important guest they have ever seen. We called down to the front desk to ask for more towels and less than 15 minutes later, there was the knock at the door with the towels. The maid service is always thorough and they are not shy with their smiles. The Princess is located withing a 2 block distance of some great restaurants: Lombardi's Trattoria, Bull on the Beach, Layton's and a few others. The beach is clean and they have a nice outdoor lounge area and outdoor bar. Breakfast in their attached restaurant is fabulous and the perfect morning cure after a night of fun. I will be booking for next year as soon as reservations open up !

Room Tip: Reserve a two bedroom or three bedroom condo. They are FABULOUS!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan C
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The Princess Royale is a good run for the money overall. It's kind of your usual middle-of-the-road American Hotel that is completely sufficient for traveling with family while on a budget. We went there for my daughter's gymnastics meet so a group of us booked rooms for a lower rate. A nice feature is the room we stayed in had a kitchenette which eliminated eating out $$ every meal. The "ocean view" from our window was partial at best, but you can opt in to face the indoor pool, where my daughter enjoyed swimming with other guests/friends also staying. All In all, it's slightly run-down, I do mean the decor, however they do their best to keep it clean and provisions are adequate. Bed was comfy, shower alright. Staff are quite nice, but you have some nicer ones and a snarly one (isn't this almost everywhere?) Parking garage is right up front and there is an old-school restaurant located int the building as well. Sure I would consider this hotel again for this kind of trip. Way better then Howard Johnson's but if you are looking for Ritz experience, do go there instead!

Room Tip: Has kitchenette which saves eating out.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Junipa C
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We enjoyed our stay during the soccer tournament, Kids had a good time at the atrium pool. Plenty of room for the parents as well.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends